1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Mask, The Witch and the Moonlight by rosedemon54

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Averis, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Mask, The Witch and the Moonlight by rosedemon54

Title: The Mask, The Witch and the Moonlight
    Author: rosedemon54
    Rating: T
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    DLP Category: Restricted Section or Romance
    Pairing: Lucius/Narcissa
    Summary: Set in the late '70's, a young Lucius Malfoy enjoys a stay with the Blacks and their daughters. After being called away by the Dark Lord for a meeting, Lucius returns to a welcome he had not counted on. Sexual. Mature Readers. Language. Complete.

Link: Link

A well-written, and for lack of a better word, sexy look at how Lucius and Narcissa first consumate their relationship. Smut fic, obviously, but surprisingly entertaining beyond that. It works best as a One-Shot, but it's a good read, and one I can't really find fault with.

4.5/5, because it is Lucius-centric.

2. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

A...Lucius fic. You brought a Lucius fic to DLP?

...Well, you have balls, if nothing else.

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

... Not for long.

I can read not Harry!centric, but Malfoy!centric is too much.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This seals it. I wouldn't vote for you, even if I was old enough.

I did read it. I won't submit a rating though. The dialogue seemed like what one would expect, but I couldn't say I enjoyed it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  5. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

Well, I liked it. 4/5. -1 for it being non-harry centric.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@Grub et al.: I like Methene's work. And Malfoy (Lucius, mind) >> Lupin anytime. There nothing quite like enjoying a Pureblood putting down Mudbloods -- if you're on the right side of the story :p

I'll give this a try later on, edit-comment will follow ...

Edit:
    Eh, I liked it. Narcissa with Death-Eater and leather fetish? More than alright with me. 4/5

7. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Narcissa's leather fetish trumps the lack of Harry in this story.

4 stars.

8. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

Well, yeah. The leather fetish was funny. But still? Bringing a Lucius-centric HERE? You must have been really wanting to post something.

9. Sesc

???

Again, Lucius is about a 100% better than Lupin. Methene's Of Blacks and Malfoys ranks within my all time favourites. Harry-centric preference aside, why wouldn't he want to post a fic with Lucius?

It's not as if it's Draco.

10. h2o

h2o Professor

Because Malfoy is a real dick? I can't stand the guy. He makes an excellent villain for sure... but its Malfoy. He's fine in the background plotting someone's demise only to have him brought forward and owned by his own House Elf and a 12 year old boy for example. I don't want to read about him fucking anyone. You say he's 100% better than Lupin? That's not really Lupins fault, its stupid little fangirls who love having him go OH WOE IS ME and shit all the fucking time. Yeah he was a real bitch in Deathly Hallows, thankfully Harry showed us that he DOES have a pair at times and set the fucker straight.

My problem with Lupin stories is that they just can't have happy endings. Also, he is a bit boring. Malfoy just makes me angry, he's supposed to be all that but he just isn't. Incompetent is what he is, just like his shit son and his shit wife. And like most stories involving any Malfoy, there always is the part where the author is trying to make you understand him, feel sorry for him or shit like that.

I think DLP has tainted me... I can't read anything but Harry-centric stuff now that I've been shown the light...

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lucius Malfoy is awesome. One of the few Death Eaters I actually like. He even has an epic actor playing him in the shitty movies.

...But I don't like him enough to read smut about him. Sorry. :)

12. Sesc

Ha, I completely forgot about Lupin in DH ... a good sign.

Anyway, if you're going to claim that

I'm going to claim

in every story. That's pure generalisation. I was, of course, talking about how the character is portrayed in the books, and not what some retard/fangirl makes out of it. And purely based on that, Lucius >> Lupin.

And I'll maintain my stance. There's nothing like reading a story about Purebloods from the right POV, about elitism and arrogance and people with the necessary skills to back it up -- and Lucius fits that bill. Unlike Draco, who's missing the skill.

In short, what Syao said.

And Narcissa is beyond reproach by default -- Black sisters are teh hawtness.

Edit:
    Moot point in this particular case, because we're talking about the time prior to Azkaban. But for the time after, Magic is wonderful. I really need to get the third chapter of BTLCL out, then you'll see, you'll all see >_>

Edit #2:
    And all you people giving it a 1 without leaving a comment are fags <_<

Don't hide, you pussies.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  13. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Until you remember Bella's saggy Azkaban tits.

Decent enough story I guess. I like Lucius well enough; I'm not all that into reading about him boning anybody though.

3.5/5

14. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I admit, I do like Lucius. But still, a Lucius centric fic? About him having sex with Narcissa? I don't like him that much.

15. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The next person to say "Lucius-centric fic" and complain without reading the story, gets Dumbledore's faggot penis thrust into their anus. And I'm not joking. At least read the story if you're going to comment.

Besides, the important thing to take from this story is Narcissa's leather fetish. If it had of been Harry in Lucius' place you motherfuckers would be nutting all over the place, screaming 5/5.

Fags.

16. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

What he said.

I didn't find it all that well-written. The smut was... okayish, I suppose, as far as smut goes (standards are pretty low after all). But I thought the whole part leading to it was poorly structured. Transitions weren't smooth, constant shifts in the timeline were confusing, and on the whole it looked rushed and neglected, as if the author had quickly gotten rid of it.

There's nothing really wrong with it. But there's nothing that stands out either. I didn't find it very interesting, even though I'm rather open-minded about non-Harry centric fics. Recycle Bin in my opinion. 3/5.

17. Sesc

And the same for you secretz 1/5 voters. I counted at least four. At least comment if you're going to vote that. If you can't think of a single reason that you could write down and post (because, let's say, you haven't read the story), then it was a bullshit-vote, and you fail, not the story.

That's a general thing. Otherwise, I'm going to put forward the motion to only count the ratings stated in the thread.

18. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Lucius Malfoy?

Excuse me while I puke over This.

All prejudice aside, this one isn't too bad for a smut fic. 4/5 I suppose.

19. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I actually did read the fic. I just couldn't get past the fact that I was reading about Lucius fucking Narcissa to enjoy it.

20. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Kinky! I'm just going to mention Narcissa's leather fetish again, and let the above comments do the work for me.

...mmm

It gets 5/5 for the leather fetish, but like 2/5 for everything else. Lets call it a 4.