1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Metropolitan Man by alexanderwales - M - Superman

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Ilverin, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Ilverin

Ilverin First Year

Title: The Metropolitan Man
    Author: alexanderwales
    Rating: M
    Genre: Mystery/Adventure
    Fandom: Superman
    Summary: The year is 1934, and Superman has arrived in Metropolis. Features Lex Luthor as the villain protagonist as he comes to grips with the arrival of an alien god. Occasional point-of-view chapters/sections featuring Lois Lane. Takes place outside any established comics continuity.
    Link: Chapter 1

Lex Luthor has the world as his oyster, that is, until an Alien God comes to Metropolis.

This story explores the dynamics between a resourceful and intelligent criminal, a skeptical reporter, and a superman. The characters are relateable, their actions are understandable, but the result is anything but predictable:
    5/5.

2. Daidalos

Daidalos Fourth Year

I second this recommendation. It's a very enjoyable read. I was kept guessing up until the very end.

3. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

The story is technically even library worthy with one of the most competent Lex I've seen in fiction but as a superman fan I didn't really enjoy some aspects of the story especially the ending which really sucked from the fan perspective.
    4/5 from me. The minus one due to the ending.

4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

What the hell is with that ending? I just don't get it. Made the story feel pointless.

5. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Quoting myself from when the fic was first mentioned here:

I'll give it a 5/5.

6. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

I went looking for a Lex Luthor fic after watching the All-Star Superman animated film and being really disappointed with it. I sort of enjoyed Lex in it, but found him to be too cartoonish and silly.

This fic satisfied me. Lex in this story is brilliantly smart (without making really silly super gadgets- he uses realistic technology for the time period) and a ruthless sociopath. He is absolutely not a "good guy". Despite that, he's not a cartoonishly evil caricature.

For me, this was 5/5. However, I suspect most diehard Superman fans (which I am not) will dislike the tone of this story, which is quite dark.