1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Naked Quidditch Match by Anya - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by garion1500, Jan 26, 2007.

1. garion1500

garion1500 Third Year

Title: The Nekkid Quidditch Match
    Author: Anya
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor/Parody
    DLP Category: Humor
    Pairing: H/G
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 22,510
    Published: July 29, 2007 (repost on ff.net)
    Originally published: November 2001 - February 2003

Summary: Fred and George lose a game of magical Truth or Dare and now the Gryffindor Quidditch Team is under a magical contract to play naked in their next match.
    Link: http://www.nodignity.com/freaks/nqm/nqm1.html (missing chapter 10)
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3689325/1/The_Original_Naked_Quidditch_Match (COMPLETE)

I happened to find this while surfing around and got a few chuckles out of it. The wizarding world has apparently created their own form of magical email (or Mmail) and the entire story is told through the sending and replying of these Mmails via various characters in the story. Everyone acts somewhat OOC but I think the humor makes up for it. And yes, it's Harry/Ginny but that's not really the focus of the story.

Checked by Minion, February 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Wow. I'm amazed that this hasn't been posted here before. Its been around for a long while, so long that its original host no longer exists anymore (I actually lost track of it when that host went down, I still have the broken bookmark).

Anyway, this is a good fic to read if you have a bit of time and like the humour genre. Gave me, and still gives me, a good few laughs throughout when I read it (especially the McGonagall comments for some reason). Whilst the characters seem very OOC in parts now, considering that this was written back in 2001 at the time I felt it pretty much hit the general mood/behaviour of some of the characters pretty much on the head as to how they'd behave/react to certain situations (although as it goes on I admit Harry becomes less and less IC even thinking back to the PoA era, and Hermione was never really IC to begin with). The characters have changed an awful lot in canon since this was written though, so take that into consideration when you read it.

Having re-read it the fic is still pretty good, a surefire way to get a few laughs. And I now have it bookmarked again. 4/5

I have no idea why you gave it an M rating though, personally I wouldnt say it was anything more than PG-13.

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Agreed that this is a truly classic and hilarious fic. The Ginny-love may turn off a few DLPers but this is a great one in my opinion.

The MMail creation in this fic was part of the idea that inspired Jeconais' This Means War, another classic and hilarious fic.

One thing that should be noted though is that this is not a one-shot. The link above points towards the first 9 chapters of this fic. The tenth chapter, is to the best of my knowledge, not posted anywhere by the author. You can find this fic in its entirety a few unauthorized places like the HPRecycleBin yahoogroup. Story is here. I think it may be on another forum as well, but I don't think the author has posted the fic anywhere or allowed others to.

4. Cthulu

Cthulu Unintelligent Bigot

*Gasp!* This isn't posted here? *Shock*

Anyway, already read it (will read it again now though), and since it's so awesomely good, I'll give it a 5/5

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

A true classic. I liked Jeconias' version of M-mail thing better, but this one was funny too.

5/5 for historic value alone.

6. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Gave the idea of Mmail to Jeconais, and is a classic. Very suprised it isnt already posted here but i suppose thats because of the H/G. 5/5

7. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Was great for the time. I remember reading it a few years ago and enjoying it, although re reading it now it's not nearly as good as I remember it being. Still, 4/5.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5/5 as it really was original once it was posted, and a hilarious story. I didn't like Jeconais' fic as much as this one.

There had been a few attempts to copy the magic mail besides Jeconais, but all authors realised they'll never match the original (they all abandoned their stories).

At the end of this live-journal entrance http://ibneko.livejournal.com/600628.html is part 10 - an article by Rita Skeeter. I remember I read that article as a closure of the fic years ago, so it might have been posted elsewhere, too.

9. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

indeed one of the true humour classics.
    I loved his mmails and the way he basically wrote the entire story in those messages, in many ways its better than TMW-

10. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Yeah, Chapter 10 was included in the version on the daisygrrl website. But that version has since vanished from the net. Not sure why it isnt elsewhere too though.

11. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

read it when I first got into HP. Was amused. good story, but the H/G is annoying. 4/5

12. Goosefaba

Goosefaba Looked into the void DLP Supporter

For some reason i am very much biased in the way that most of these type of fics are terrible(people who didn't finish high school english) it's very hard for me to even click on the link to give it a chance. i looked over his other storys hich are almost all one shots and parodys. Those are nice once in awhile but it's just anoying that i haven't been able to find anything new that has a plot. Humorous yet i can't bring myself to read another. 2.5/5

13. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Are you sure you're talking about the right fic in this thread?

Pretty sure Anya is a "she" and I'm not so sure where you found her other fics. And while there isn't a huge amount of substance to this fic, it's pretty much as advertised: a naked quidditch match.

14. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

4.5/5. Absolutely hilarious.

15. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

I'm not sure why, but I didn't really like this story. I know it was supposed to be light-hearted, but the characters didn't feal right. I didn't find it terribly funny either. 2/5

16. Lord Bill

Lord Bill ¯\(º_o)/¯ DLP Supporter

I was wondering if someone did a remake/ripoff of this when I saw the title, actually. I was as surprised as everybody else when I realised it was that same fic I read all those years ago. Epic, 4/5. A bit light and fluffy, even for a humor fic, but an easy read and a cheap laugh. Very interested to see how the newer members of the HP fandom rate this, seeing as it was so highly rated back in the day. Recommend approaching without prejudice, you'll enjoy it more without being a jaded fanfic reader.

17. Kalistar

Kalistar First Year

Like everybody else, I read this a while ago. Other than the H/G subplot it was a great read. Not quite as funny the second time around, but then again what is. 4/5

18. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Pretty funny, although a lot of the little subplots going on throughout tended to be cheap and lame and overdone (why does every author deem it necessary to print defamatory statements about Voldemort on T-shirts/Cloaks/etc.. ? Perhaps I'll do this too, in my fic -- but strictly on thongs), but most of them were quite funny. Points for the striptease and Pedo!McGonagall.

5/5 for historic value and execution, even if it wasn't really my favorite or hilariously funny. Well-written, at worst.

19. MadBiologist

MadBiologist Second Year

The über-girlfriend Ginny was a tad annoying, but otherwise, I found the fic absolutely hilarious. 4.5/5

20. Goosefaba

Goosefaba Looked into the void DLP Supporter

I apologize i mistaked her for a he, anyway i jswore there was a fanfiction link there before? Or maybe i am confusing this post for another. need some coffe i guess.