1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Phoenix and the Serpent by ReaderRavenclaw - K+

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: The Phoenix and the Serpent
    Author: ReaderRavenclaw
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Drama/Suspense
    Summary: “You can’t hurt a baby!” Even if the baby is Voldemort? Tom Potter, Harry's oldest son, is off to Hogwarts at last. But why does the Sorting Hat seem to think that he’d already been sorted? Have his parents been hiding something from him?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1681616/1/

- I really like this story, it's original, something that's kind of hard to find nowadays. But, it is a H/G. ::dodges various kitchenware:: Hold on, it's post-Hogwarts and post-Harry, so we barely see anything on Harry or Ginny. It's all in Tom's perspective. We see maybe a minute of anything H/G, then nothing. So give it a whirl.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

ugh... i found this long ago... its admitably decent ... but its not my thing... not only is it H/G its not harry-centric... just two big nonos for me...

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Harry-Centric is all I read really...

4. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    amen to that :D :lol:

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Eh, I still like it, even though it's not Harry-centric. It's really good, but it has slow updates. But I shouldn't really be complaing about that.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Only one I've really liked that wasnt Harry-centric was one on Tom Riddle. Around the 2/3 mark though it reall became a Tom/Harry-centric story which was good. No, not slash...

Cant remember its name though...

7. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This story isn't half-bad, but I don't see it ever making its way out of the bin. The premise just won't appeal to most people here.

The idea is that Harry and Dumbledore defeat Voldemort by somehow turning him into a baby. Rather than kill him, Harry and Ginny decide to raise him as their son and keep him on the straight and narrow. The story itself follows Tom Potter as he gets his wand and goes to Hogwarts for his first year.

It's well-written, but it's got several major strikes against it - it's not Harry-centric, it introduces a host of OCs that are hard to care about, and it didn't get very far into the plot before it was abandoned.

2.5/5