1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The 'R' Series By Regulus - T - HP/NT

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Antivash, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

--Part 1 --
    Title: Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone Retransmuted
    Author: Regulus
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Pairing: HP/Tonks
    Chapters: 24
    Words: 132,419
    Updated: Nov. 1, 2004
    Published: Aug. 12, 2004

Summary:[Complete] Harry recovers from the trials on the path to the Stone. But a surprise lies in store for him. Things slowly return to normal and the school year ends, bringing a hard to face reality to Harry's eyes.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2008185/1/

-- Part 2 --
    Title: Chamber Of Secrets Reopned
    Chapters: 18
    Words: 88,664
    Updated: Sept. 7, 2005
    Published: Nov. 12, 2004

Summary: COMPLETE! The second book in the RSeries has now been finished! The school year once more draws to an end, with the trio finalizing their plans for the summer.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2132034/1/

-- Part 3 --
    Title: Prisoner of Azkaban Returns
    Chapters: 18
    Words: 91,152
    Updated: Feb. 28, 2006
    Published: Sept. 12, 2005

Summary: Book 3 in the RSeries begins! A new year has started, but not all of our trio is in such high spirits. In addition, something strange seems to be taking place at the wizarding prison of Azkaban.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2576886/1/

-- Part 4 --
    Title: The Goblet of Fire Rekindled
    Chapters: 24
    Words: 130,304
    Updated: May 4, 2009
    Published: March 15, 2006
    Summary: Harry gets into more trouble than he realizes when his name pops out of the Goblet of Fire. A year of headaches and hardships confront him, but something much darker lies on the horizon.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2845160/1/

-- Part 5 --
    Title: The Order of the Phoenix: Reassembled
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 123,402
    Updated: July 6, 2007
    Published: Jan. 25, 2007
    Summary: Book 5 in the RSeries is now complete. A Ministry loyal woman comes to teach at Hogwarts. Harry's relationship with Tonks is stressed. Pushed to and over his breaking point, will Harry be able to survive the year with his sanity intact?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3359932/1/

-- Part 6 --
    Title: The Citadel of Azkaban
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 26
    Words: 158,405
    Updated: May 18, 2008
    Published: July 15, 2007
    Summary: Book 6 complete! As Voldemort takes the floating island of Azkaban, Harry is left with split personalities following events at the Ministry. But will he be able to merge them together again, or will his hesitation be the death of everything he holds dear?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3658273/1/

-- Part 7 --
    Title: The Gauntlet of the Magi
    Chapters: 23
    Words: 151,606
    Updated: May 4, 2009
    Published: May 24, 2008
    Summary: Complete! Book 7 of the R-Series is finished. After reforging the Gauntlet, Harry and his friends part ways from Dumbledore and the Order to take on Voldemort themselves. But will Harry be able to retain his sanity, or will the war finally push him over?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4276801/1/

-- Part 8 --
    Title: The Legend Reborn
    Chapters: 1
    Words: 1,718
    Published: Oct 6, 2010
    Summary: Sequel to The Gauntlet of the Magi. Harry Potter has gone mad. In a desperate attempt to save himself, his friends, and the world he loves, he bets everything on an equally mad scheme. One that will take over 1,000 years to see completion. Prologue up.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6377362/1/The-Legend-Reborn

In addition to the seven books of the series there are a few sidestories, also the prologue of a sequel to Part 7 which apparently ignores its end.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012
    Added the rest of the series.

Checked by Sorrows: 03/08/2019
    - Sequel added

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  2. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

I will obey *bows*

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The abusive!dursley thing isnt that bad. Meh...

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I love the series. IMO, he did a pretty good job on CoS, even though he said he hated it.

5. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

I stopped reading it about halfway through COS -- too fluffy for me.

Maybe I'll pick it up again, though.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that Ravenclaw!Harry acted so... Gryffindor sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Too much fluff. Couldn't get that far. maybe I'll give it another shot. Thing is I like Harry to be confident at least and KNOW he's the shit. there Only are very few stories that reboot Harry well. The only ones I LOVE are Red Prince by Lord Serapheth aka LT2000 and Hidden by EQuaSauRUs

7. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

there is a bit of fluff in it.. but i enoyed it either way... and... CoS was much better than cannon i thought... with or without the additional characters... CoS ranks just above the half baked plot in my mind...

8. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I second that, and after Chamber comes Order (which is thisclose to being as bad)

9. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

I finished CoS and read what there is of PA last night... Bleh.

Dumbledore's being waaay too obvious about whatever the hell he's doing. It's sort of ridiculous.

I also don't like how he (Harry, that is) was extremely confident at the end of CoS, but then he's back to stuttering in the presence of muggles in PA. I don't imagine the Wizarding courts being so fucked up that a minor would get sent to Azkaban for self-defence. I was under the impression that what happened in OP was unusual -- the author, however, seems to think that it's an everyday occurance.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Just remember the shits he's gone through with the Dursley's. Thats gotta leave a mark no matter how confident he is around others. He will always have some sort of strange fear for them because of the abuse. Its a mental thing that cant just be overcome easily.

Who cares about the fluff, its all building up to a Dark!Harry series. Fluff happens sometimes, meh. He'll be soon kicking ass.

He blows up the Dursley's or something later on, lol. Sounds cool.

The author also put some sneak peek thing-o up awhile ago that showed a little bit of sixth or seventh year, cant remember. Fleur becomes a main sort-of character as well as her sister. Anyway, Leon and Tonks were together or something and when Harry found out... well, he lost it. He used Legilimency on Leon during a quidditch match because they had been acting strange and gets a memory of them making out... he dive bombs straight into the ground, trying to kill himself. Doesnt die... dives head first into the dark arts and thats when it stopped. Looked good.

11. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Ohmamamia_mamamia First Year

Its a good story.....The fluff is a little hard to bear. I would rather have two 13 year olds going at it then all this lovey-dovey crap.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This is definitely getting better as it goes along. Harry's thoughts are getting darker and darker each chapter, and now he's gonna start developing his parseltongue ability.

He is only third year but he's getting quite a mean streak. Look what he did to Terry Boot, lol. He already hates Dumbledore and even Hagrid because of the Dursley's.

It's also moving a little bit away from canon each time, though it still has a lot included. I cant wait till it gets to fifth and sixth year. He isnt using HBP as the outline for the sixth story of the series so that'll be awesome.

13. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Yah that was pretty good, made me feel kinda depressed about the whole series though because when you've seen a peek into the future like that it kinda casts a shadow over all the good things that'll happen before it because you just know it's just going to get worse. But he did say even in the synopsis "a peek ahead or a future that will never come to pass?" or something like that saying that this may or may not be how things will turn out, really as far as I could tell it was just a way for him to work off some writers block. Oh and this story is no longer posted anywhere as far as I can tell unless someone saved it to their PC.

14. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I don't know if I would want to read it if they hooked Leon and Tonks up. The whole Tonks and Harry pairing is really the main thing thats keeping me reading this series....

15. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Well that only happened in that spin-off we were talking about which is no longer posted anymore and, according to Harry anyway, Tonks had somehow been put under some sort of enthrallment by Leon. (Not sure if 'enthrallment' is a word but it is now)

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, it was just a spin-off type thing. It might happen or might not. It's no longer posted, too bad I didnt save it or something. I liked it.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I didn't like the spinoff. Waaaaaaaay too bloody angsty. If Leon stole his girl then he should have driven a stake through the bloody vampire rather than try to top himself. They're 'dark creatures' anyway so he probably could have gotten away with it in the bigoted wizarding society portrayed in the Potterverse.

18. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I wasn't going to stop reading it right now, I'm just saying if it DID do that I would. I really don't like Leon as a character, with Tonks or not, and the whole idea of Leon and Tonks together just creeps me out. Another thing I didn't really like was Harry admitting to being abused by the Dursleys. He seemed to do it so carelessly, it seemed too unrealistic. I mean, who really goes around just telling people something like that? Other than that though, I think Regulus writes his fics very well. Everyone he writes about seems to always be in character, and I specifically thought that Dumbledore's portrayal was done well. He made him manipulative, but not to the point to where he was some evil psycho wizard in disguise.

19. Israfel

Israfel First Year

Meh, I like Leon alright, he's a better sidekick than Ron at least, but yah, if he tried to steal Tonks we'd be goin' a huntin' for the other other white meat, vampire. Grab your torch and pitchforks and get ready for a good ol' fashioned lynching.

20. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I too like Harry's descent into darkness, it really gets obvious in the third one when he starts throwing around steel bolts in a duel with Boot.

The HONKS! Fluff is there, but its bearable; and it isn't mindless.

Abusive Dursleys? Honestly. I don't mind it in most fics, this one included.