1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Redemption of the Black Sisters by jon3776 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ip82, Apr 23, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: The Redemption of the Black Sisters
    Author: jon3776
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Angst (more like Action/Adventure)
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 90,309
    Updated: April 8, 2008
    Published: July 29, 2004

Pairings: Harry/Bella/Narcissa, possibly Ron/Hermione/Luna, slut!Giny
    Summary: One sister had a soul consumed by the darkest magics. Another was lost in a loveless marriage. Neither had expected the life they had ended up with and in the quiet of their souls they wanted a second chance. Now they have one. PostOOTP HarryBellaNarcissa
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1987358/1/

This was one of my favourite stories, but I never posted it here before because I thought it was abandoned (last update was in june 2005). Imagine my surprise when a new chapter suddenly popped up at FF.net. And what a chapter it is - nice romance, great battle scene and several interesting subplots started up, all that on over 13K words. Sweet!

For those who don't know, this is one of those semi-Independant!Harry story, where Dumbledore and Harry's friends remain good, but the boy grows up some backbone and does some things on his own. Interesting magical concepts, good subplots and OC's, lords, politics and excellent characterisation of Black sisters are some of the high points. Only downsides are slow update rate and presence of Ginny, who really seems as a third (or is it 7th?) wheel, without anything unique in her character (which is, to be honest, changed with this chapter, but still...).

Regardless, this is a truly fine comeback of a great story. Highly recomended read.

Checked by Minion, June 12, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Jon really was one of the driving forces that motivated me to move outside of mainstream light sided Harry-centric, H/G, H/Hr romances. Before him, I wasn't sure what an author could do by breaking with canon. Needless to say, I haven't looked back sense. His Redemption story was, I think, the first H/both Blacks story and with a fairly original twist. Seems fewer people nowdays know of him, but I thought of him as something of a pioneer in several genres.

This is a must read for all H/Black sisters fan and a great reading resource for aspiring writers of that shipping. I recommended this to someone planning a H/Narcissa story just two days ago, I think.

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Yea I was surprised when he updated, but glad he did. It is a great story and I enjoyed that last chapter as well, I just hope he updates again.

His story was prolly one of the first slighty Dark Harry that I read.

4. pimpostrous

pimpostrous First Year

Ahh, i remember this story. This is what got me into the whole dark harry/black sisters thing. cant remember the story anymore.. time to read and refresh.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Heh, love the new chapter. Like IP, I had given up on the story and was shocked when he updated.

That had me cackling. :p

6. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

This is the story that got me into Harry/Bellartix. Got to love it from that point and it is still probably one the best ones for this pairing out there.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  7. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

At least the story is still being written, even if at such a slow pace. Not that I can complain in that front. But I just re-read it once more and found that it is as entertaining now as the last time I laid eyes on it.

Still, I am curious as how everything will turn out after the last chapter. I have the feeling that the story is getting over-complicated, what with the Demons and religious themes surfacing, but I'll still keep a keen eye on it and hope that the author knows what he is doing.

8. CGB

CGB Auror

I like the story. I just wonder what happened to Ginny. Was she turned?

9. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

This fiction really a great read I like the idea of the sisters black going to the side Harry is on its well worth the read.

10. BartucTheBloody

BartucTheBloody Third Year

This story has been updated again and its a fairly long chapter. It took me a while to remember what happened, but as I read the chapter it came back to me.

11. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I was really disappointed by the new chapter. Tons of crappy sub plots. PowerfulCunning!Draco, MuscularProbablyPowerful!Neville, Dumbledore the amazing phoenix man who killed the devil, demons, tons of Dark Lords who make Voldemort look like a squib, yet we have Harry who can barely beat the more powerful purebloods, Vampirething!Ginny, Harry going back for another useless year at Hogwarts where he can learn nothing while the powerful team of super evil Dark Lords scheme. Blah.

12. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

I remember when this fic came out, it was put on the favourites list after the first chapter. The last two chapters have kinda lost out on me, with the whole secret society crap... I think the author is making the plot too....BIG and he's losing control of it. Still a great fic though.

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I too resisted making a thread for this story because I thought that it had been abandoned. It's good to see this one be updated.

So has anyone dropped a review that mentions this site yet?

14. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Jon is aware of this site, although as far as I know he's not a frequent visitor.

If you want to drop him a line, he's on Potter's Place 3 quite a bit...

15. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

I read through once, or tried to, and gave up. No idea why. I just reread it, and placed it on my favorites list. I guess I just needed to read further.

Still, I hope the updates keep coming.

P.S. You guys know RossWrock is back?

16. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Ah I love this story. It is getting a bit to....big, but it still kicks the ass of every other Black Sisters story I've read.

17. Nukular Winter

Holy 2 year thread necro!

This story just updated.

18. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Yeah, nearly two years for an update and what do we get?

Hermione is fucking Draco in exchange for magic lessons.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the god damned enemy? An enemy currently in training to kill Harry? God I hate it when people turn Hermione into a weak, empty-headed cunt. Yes, some weaknesses add to a character. Yes, Hermione would probably do a lot of things to get more arcane knowledge, but fucking the enemy, fucking anyone, just to get some extra lessons? Knowledge-whore!Hermione holds zero appeal for me.
    Fail. Every time I see this happen in a story (and, yes, it's rapidly becoming a major cliché), it is Fail.

EDIT: Frankly, I'd like Harry to catch her in the act of her 'sex-for-black-magic' trade with Draco, kill the ferret, slap the 'dumb-whore' right out of Hermione, then move on to that sneaky bitch, Ginny, and give her what for. Basically, this story's Ginny and Hermione need to hurry up and die so that Harry can concentrate on the fight and then bask in the glow of his victory with Bellatrix and Narcissa. Seriously, Ginny and Hermione have a serious case of terminal stupidity in this fic.
    I understand that Hermione has had a rough time of it in this fic, that the whole being barren thing has her upset, and that she's seen too much death and desperately wants to avoid that in the future but for fuck's sake... She even thinks of Draco's 'price' for the lessons as being 'inconsequential'. Really? Inconsequential? What a complete whore!

Consider all of the plots and subplots going on, coupled with the update schedule and it would appear we have years of this to look forward to, or a swift abandonment.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  19. Nukular Winter

Hermione would toss salads in a Mexican prison if there was secret knowledge in it for her...

Seriously, she's barely even *in* the story. Who gives a fuck what she does?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008