1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Sociopathy Of Uchiha Sasuke by Sir Lucifer Morningstar - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by MF DOOM, Jan 30, 2020.

1. MF DOOM

MF DOOM Second Year

Title: The Sociopathy Of Uchiha Sasuke
    Author: Sir Lucifer Morningstar
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Tragedy
    Library Category:
    Pairings:
    Summary: ...because you can't simply use Tsukuyomi on a bloody seven-year-old and not expect serious consequences.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13093409/1/The-Sociopathy-Of-Uchiha-Sasuke

Interesting idea, though it's only in beginning stages. I like the prose but it's not for everyone.

5/5

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The author of this is a huge edgelord. Like, huge. He definitely caters to a certain type of people. But the technical quality of his writing is usually pretty good. Sometimes he goes too purple prose when tryharding, but it's above the average fanfiction style for sure.

In this fic, Sasuke is a lot more mentally traumatized than in canon. The effects are... well, like the title says, probably sociopathy and borderline autism.

It's a pretty angsty story, but Sasuke actually has a few funny lines. Still, the story is too short to really get anywhere (17k words), and I doubt it'll be updated again. Hard to rate due to that, but I'd personally give it 2 or 3/5. Not really my thing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  3. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

By this metric alone it isn’t library worthy. There isn’t a story here, just a few chapters of some angsty exposition. This isn’t the kind of thing you put up for review seeing as there isn’t even a plot yet.

It’s nothing really remarkable, other than technical quality. It certainly isn’t a novel or difficult idea.

Hell, Sasuke is barely a character. He’s mostly a ball of angst that learns to cook in a day and builds a 22 foot statue of his parents so that everyone will remember that they’re dead.

-2 for basically just being the exposition of a possible story.
    -3 for unoriginal and unmitigated angst
    +1.5 for basic technical quality

1.5/5 rounded down for technical quality

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  4. Wyatt Axford

Wyatt Axford Second Year

His One Piece story has his SI character rapes a character who later becomes so infatuated with his to the point of developing Stockholm syndrome. He also has another female character who is canonically 16 (and gets brought up in the fic that she's 16) to have sex with the SI. Also the SI gets explosion powers and has attack names like Allahu Akbar and other Islamic phrase.

Now, that isn't the story being reviewed, but this is to demonstrate that if this fic does ever get to be more than 3 chapters, I fully expect it to go into an equally distasteful direction. The story right now is only a prologue setting up the main characters mentally state and that's it, a prologue. There's not enough meat in this story to justify placing it into the library.

2.5/5 rounded down with the potential to get worse

5. invinoveri

invinoveri Third Year

I read a story by this guy and it started off pretty interesting and then out of the blue it got weird I was like why.

6. Gaesar

Gaesar Muggle

I liked the concept of his One Piece SI, but every story he writes. The SI is for some reason evil. Can we really call it an SI then, just an oc, idk. Guess thats his thing. I'm not much for his stories, but the writing quality is good if nothing else. I'd love to see more SI stories with good writing, just not evil ones.

7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Their author user name is Lucifer Morningstar.

I'm noticing a trend.