1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

2. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Understanding something does not mean condoning it.

The man's actions, although they are not justifiable or rational to us, they are logical, given his irrational nature. Even irrational people think they're acting rationally, because inside their twisted worldview, it makes perfect sense.

TL;DR, that's not victim-blaming. So stop being all triggered and shit.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=998093&postcount=2068

More like it'sbeginning...maybe.gif

There will need to be dozens and dozens of hearings and depos before any sort of impeachment proceedings can begin. Even if they find obstruction charges to be legit... well... clench thine anus... because we've got, at bare minimum, another solid year of Trump admin ahead of us.

4. Invictus

Invictus Heir

They're logical in their irrationality, because... he thinks they're rational. And that evidence at hand points that in his insanity he acted in a logical way that was... Republicans being Republicans is evil, and thus the cause at hand was... republicans behaving like republicans and that's not victim blaming at all? I'm confused by what you're defending. We're not talking about abstract concepts here Revan, its this specific case.

Mhm. I expect Congress to turn on him before that though if it threatens to reach that level, and it this kind of wear is ideal for Dems if they want big wins in 2018.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Caesar by the Pussy is such a wonderful title.

6. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    Investigating a crime to understand what happened and why isn't victim-blaming. It's a fairly basic concept.

7. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

@Invictus Yet I would argue there's a teensy tiny difference between the explicit victim-blaming antics of 'you reap what you sow' and the search for understanding of 'did X policy cause Y result', to argue two abstract extremes. It should be, and is, possible to formulate questioning that aims to answer the latter question without veering into stupid politicising of tragedies such as this one. I replied to the overarching concept that I thought was present in Revan's post, not the impetus for it. My apologies for being unclear in this case.

If you think we cannot and should not discuss this abstract concept without nigh-continuously referring to the specific case that prompted its relevance, that is fine, but we'll also have to agree to disagree on it.

@Jon That picture is both hilarious and mildly terrifying.

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Order Member

I just don't get how it is victim blaming when I said:

1) Republicans have pissed a lot of people off lately
    - Which is true, just like Democrats pissed off a lot of people in the past. The Republican run government has not been making a lot of friends lately, which is unique as this usually happens after a few years in power, not at the start. So, you had a unpopular government get elected without the popular vote and then they managed to worsen relations by trying to pass bills that very few people like. Add on the fact that many people believe Trump should be impeached and they believe the Republicans don't care about his problems because they are finally in power....

...and you got a keg ready to go boom.

2) Desperate people and those who have mental problems are more likely to commit crimes like this.
    - Once again, true. This is similar to school shootings where the shooter wants to get revenge before ending his own life. It is a way of making a statement, and to them its logical.

9. Invictus

Invictus Heir

Yes. That's exactly what I defended. See my extensive posts about it.

That's fine, it was also my mistake to assume wrongly. Obviously understanding what happened should always be looked for, but trying to ascribe some kind of overaching narrative that implies pattern and logic for this specific case, which would tie it up to politics/opinions being in some kind considered justification for a crime is what galls.

10. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    If it is, then I don't see why you've been jumping down my throat for doing exactly that...

11. EsperJones

EsperJones Order Member

Taking away healthcare specifically targets those that would be most desperate or have nothing left to lose.

Understanding does not mean condoning. (Which I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees with?)

12. fire

fire High Inquisitor

IT'S MUELLER TIME.

13. Invictus

Invictus Heir

I quoted you exactly twice (now thrice). One I explained in details why, which you even agreed that the assumption I made was understandable by the context of the discussion at hand. The second time was you quoting me and then telling me I was an easily triggered moron and that the case at hand obviously had a logic that could be applied elsewhere. Then I asked for specific proof of that, and you answer me in generals. In a case you yourself acknlowdged as suigeneris.

Yes. And the case at hands has any, whatsover, indication that this specific person was personally affected by that? That's the entire point of the discussion. You're ascribing him a motivation that just doesn't seem to exist.

Let's go step by step.

And that means Democrats should've expected attacks last year? I fail to see the logic of this statement or how it could be applied as a pattern. If anything, if you were any kind of right, Republicans in 2007 would've faced a shooting every week.

Except that this case at hand has no indication whatsoever at the moment that he faced this kind of desperate situation. You're giving him motives that just weren't even mentioned anywhere. I mean, he could, obviously, but that doesn't allow you to invent a reasoning for him just because it fits your narrative. Worse, the Bill isn't even a Law, so he has no reason to be desperate yet, since he didn't feel any effects yet. It would be just paranoia, plain and simple.

Try that logic with Obama and with a conservative that likes gun and his fear of having his gun taken away.

Except that politicians everywhere pass unpopular bills all the time, and in Parliamentary elections the party in power rarely has the absolute majority. Yet you can't honestly say you're expecting May or Trudeau get shot for PROPOSING a bill that people didn't liike.

You're crafting an entire narrative based on your, liberal, point of view based on assumptions and not even circumstancial evidence. So in conclusion, you're crafting this entire narrative based on that the bills GOP passed crossed sometime of line, while not even deigning to explain exactly how and why it passed and how it relates to this shooting.

edit: Forgot to add the final conclusion.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  14. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    The specifics of the case are by definition suigeneris. The profile is not, it's generally applicable. And the scenario is all too common.

You never asked me for 'proof' of anything, you said this:

which is just a rambling series of statements followed by an accusation of victim-blaming.

15. Invictus

Invictus Heir

So you used suigeneris to say that the specifics of this specific were in fact specific to this specific case. Congratulations on that. I was confusing this case with the other mass shooting that involved the GOP majority whip that happened in June 14 of 2017 in Washington DC in baseball field. Gee. Thanks for making that clear.

And that's your line of thought. Not my fault you never bothered to organize it or make anything about except some quick firing posts without any depth, and confusing all my arguments into one on purpose.

You said as answer to me denying that it should be expected this kind of result just because of what GOP did. Even better, you hijacked my answer to Oment and made it seem as if it were complementing my answer Lindsey, which it wasn't since they were different arguments if with similar end conclusions. So you conflated to arguments into one because again you didn't bother to read what I wrote.

Yes. It's very hard to guess here that I wanted you to elaborate on what you said, and hopefully, provide evidence for what you just stated as a fact. I just like saying I'm confused and like even more to stay that way.

(Inb4 you use that to say it certainly looks like that so to avoid actually providing a real answer).

16. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    Actually, I said that in response to your statement that your problem with asserting logic to the situation was that it leads to victim-blaming. To which my response was that understanding a thing is not condoning it, that the man's actions are inherently logical, given an irrational viewpoint, and that that isn't victim-blaming.

You then asked me for proof. Proof of what? It's self-evident.

I suspect we're talking past each other.

--

In an effort to get back on topic, Trump apparently called the mayor of an island in the Chesapeake and told him not to worry about rising sea levels.

I think this is interesting because it exhibits a critical piece of bad logic that many climate change skeptics/deniers fall prey to: Namely, that because a thing has always been a way, it will continue to be that way.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  17. Invictus

Invictus Heir

So it seems. My statement was in direct answer to Oment comment that seemed to imply that I was defending not investigation the crime, while I was just saying that while it should be done, people shouldn't ascribe him motivations that weren't there nor assuming that what he did was in anyway logical except in his insanity, which is what Lindsey was doing with that whole healthcare thing.

So. It's a big knot.

18. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Order Member

Scalise is rapidly approaching fucked.

https://www.medstarwashington.org/sample-page/scalise-update/#q={}

During the hospital visit, Donnie couldn't even talk to Scalise, he had to talk to his wife.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If it crossed the pubic area and hit bone, there's likely damage to the external iliac artery. Absolutely not good.

Fuck you, crazy shooter guy. Enjoy being dead.

20. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Order Member

Yeah. I know some folks who know a know a thing or two about acute trauma to the pelvis. Like, pelvis injuries are terrible. The pelvis is a cobweb of arteries and veins, the bowel and bladder floats around in there every which way, the pelvis and a leg can hold over a liter of blood each.. Repair of pelvic injuries is a huge fucking deal and, as you could imagine, stopping bleeding via tamponade or "holding pressure" is nigh impossible. I know a guy who got shot in the ass in OIF, and the round bounced off of his pelvis every which way and just shredded everything in there.

He could be in a very bad way. As well, every single day on a vent or back and forth into an OR is another day a complication or hospital acquired infection could occur. A lot of people don't appreciate that general anesthesia isn't like being asleep, your body literally thinks it is running from a lion the entire time it is being cut on. Its hard as hell on a person.

In other news, life is literally a Clancy novel, potential dirty bomb in a shipping container in Charleston, CG has cleared a 1 NM safe zone around the vessel.

Prooooooooooooooooobably nothing, but at the same time lol it's 2017. And hey, the Norks have more delivery problems than detonation problems.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHSCG/bulletins/1a27e43