1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion The Chosen One

High Score:
    @joshuafaramir you’re engaging in bad faith arguments, moving goalposts, logical fallacies, bad facts and just plain annoying.

I don’t like you.

#BanJF

2. Invictus

Invictus Banned

Except for that nifty lottery system that lets in 50k/y, most without any qualification whatsoever.

And since sponsoring family member + lottery are the biggest permanent visa providers... Your immigration system sucks, basically.

Oh you also have HB-1 Visa, who is mostly given to Indian tech support companies to give their employees - % I mean. In a spectacular gaming of the system.

3. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Illegal immigrants aren't eligible for federal welfare, so no.

4. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Let's make it simple shall we.

Math time boys and girls. Illegal immigration costs about taxpayers 100Billion. Wall/Barrier whatever you call it costs 5.7Billion.
    --- Post automerged ---
    https://fairus.org/issue/publicatio...n-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

Now how is this more retarded than AOC's NEW GREEN DEAL?

5. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Normally they don't, but judges do have immunity to being charged with crimes connected with bona fide performance of their jobs.

Provided he lied to Congress while in the process of doing his job (and, given the sorts of highly contorted legal legerdemain that he's written into his decisions), I'm sure he'd simply argue that by participating in the advise and consent process for a SCOTUS nominee, he was in the performance of his job as a Justice, meaning he's not eligible for being indicted.

Twisted logic, perhaps, but it'll be sound enough to withstand a SCOTUS challenge with him as the tie-breaking vote. (It'd be his prerogative to recuse, but we all know he he wouldn't.)

6. vlad

vlad Banned Prestige

High Score:
    Compared to who?

It isn't "notoriously difficult" compared to China, Japan, or Korea.

Many of the oil states are happy to take in workers who enjoy no rights. So it's easy to get in but nigh impossible to enjoy the priveleges granted to legal immigrants in the USA.

You're not advocating for a SubSaharan immigration policy. Or a south east asian.

So who? Who is our system notoriously difficult in comparison?

And how does it match against the inevitable response of "Europe" when you remove internal migration among the EU?

7. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

You call her plan impractical and political but NOT STUPID?

If getting rid of all airplanes in the next 10 years and replacing them with trains is not stupid, or abolish nuclear power, or replacing ALL buildings in U.S not stupid, I don't know what is.

8. Arthellion

High Score:
  9. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Trump asked for 5.7 Billion. It's very specific. 5.7 Billion. Give him that and if he can't build his barrier with that then Dems get more ammunition.

Or we can keep on shitting on each other instead. 5.7 Billion =/= 100Billion.

Also, you're free to not like me. All Hail America. Thank goodness this isn't China.

10. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    The 5.7 B number was only every going to be the first tranche. Total cost between 25 to 35 B.

And they haven't even spent all the money they were given last year.

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Headmaster DLP Supporter

12. tikkier2000

tikkier2000 Third Year

High Score:
    Why waste money on something he hasn't even laid out in detail yet? He can't even provide a "yes this is the thing that this particular $5.7 billion is going towards". No plan. None at all.

And you're showing the real reason you're so defensive about this. If you gave a shit about the immigration policy, why shrug off it not working with "at least the Democrats can shit on him for it"? It's not about playing politics, it's about immigration reform, and I don't care if the Democrats can shit on him for it. I actually would rather they didn't, and instead came up with something that could work.

13. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Because something is better than nothing.

Nothing is being done right now and it is costing us 115 Billion.

14. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    Plenty is being done. Not enough, but plenty. The wall isn't the best use of the money, so why should we do it?

And that number you keep citing is wildly disingenuous.

15. tikkier2000

tikkier2000 Third Year

High Score:
    It is not costing $115 billion dollars. The article you linked above is some of the most ridiculous horseshit I've seen in a while. Not only did they not link any outside sources, they had no methodology or manner of aggregation, and made calculations that a third grader could make to determine how much we spend or don't spend on illegal immigrants. Not to mention a lot of that money comes from healthcare and they're counting U.S. citizens. Doesn't matter if the children were born here because their parents crossed the border, that still makes them U.S. citizens, which means counting them in the numbers skews it.

And what a wildly biased source to begin with.

16. Agayek

Agayek Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

I like how that "Illegals are costing us $X billion!" number keeps increasing with every post.

Y'all realize the dude's trolling right? Like I get the righteous indignation, but this isn't even the first time he's pulled this shit in this thread. Just ignore the twatwaffle who's whole thing is baiting indignant reactions out of you.

17. tikkier2000

tikkier2000 Third Year

High Score:
    I mean honestly I only read this thread periodically, so I haven't interacted with him before. But duly noted.

18. Invictus

Invictus Banned

19. Marsupial

Marsupial Headmaster DLP Supporter

20. Arthellion

High Score:
    While it’s not the witch hunt kavanaugh received, many on his side are now calling for his resignation

At least some of the Dems are consistent even if innocent until proven guilty should be the mentality
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also...heyyyyyyy the #BanJF worked.