1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want some serious feedback about your writing? Enter the Q3 2019 Story Competition!

Topic(s): EITHER
    - What the Professors get up to in the summers.
    - Ritual Magic!

Word count: 17.5k max (no minimum)
    Deadline: September 9th
    Check out the Competition Page
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Q3 2019 Story Competition has 18 DAYS LEFT! (September 9th)

Check out the Competition Page and get writing folks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Conquistador

Conquistador Professor

High Score:
    As someone who is conservative on most issues, I want to say, we need immigrants.

First of all, I want the most skilled people in the world coming to America. I don't care where you were born. If you are smart, willing to work hard, and willing to be loyal to America, you are welcome.

Second, there are many jobs Americans aren't used to doing. A lot of Americans aren't used to manual labor. On top of that, the ones that do it charge way too much money. A lot of immigrants will work in your yard or lawn, do just as good or even a better job, and charge you less money. That's good for everyone. Except for the people overcharging. Afterwards, you refer them to your friends and your neighborhood and they get more work to compensate for the lower cost, making them their money.

As long as they are capable of doing something, be it intellectual or physical they should be welcome.

It should be simple. Do a background check. If they haven't committed a crime and if they have no close family members that are criminals, they pass this stage. Then determine what work experience, what level of education, and what talents they have. If they have something, let them in.

For the people that can't contribute or are criminals/closely related to criminals just don't.

It's a simple policy.

As for illegal border crossing, I find it worrying that people are willing to break the law. That said, they might need to. Look at what they have done AFTER they have moved to the US. Have they been productive members of society? If yes, let them stay.

If paying for their public education is really that much a problem, just make them pay for it. That's not a big deal. But deportations are too harsh.

2. tikkier2000

tikkier2000 Third Year

High Score:
    This is the only thing I have issue with, and not because I don't agree intellectually, but because I don't actually know if this is possible. There are a lot of people without documentation, or their governments aren't exactly cooperative/functioning. The biggest problem I've heard is how long even this kind of process would take. I don't personally know how long it would take or if it's possible, so anyone that knows more than me can freely inform me if I haven't by tomorrow morning anyway.

3. Solfege

Solfege Headmaster DLP Supporter

Spate of articles on Bezos v. Trump, including this one from the man himself implicating US or foreign government agency in hacking him and releasing his dick pics to the National Enquirer. Now, if Trump had demanded the NSA spy on a private citizen for political purposes, it would make a scandal. But if Trump merely intimates to the Saudis his gratitude for their plausibly deniable collection of materials, as foreign agencies are unprosecutable, that is a different matter.

Which is partly why we spy on y'all by the way. Germans, Australians, Canadians, Brits. So your home agencies can receive materials without breaking laws, while you spy on ours and return the favor.

Trump tweet-taunted Bezos a few weeks ago: Screenshot 2019-02-09 06.16.58.png

Joe Scarborough and Mike Brzezinski wrote a WaPo op-ed in 2017 mentioning blackmail via the National Enquirer according to WH direction. Ronan Farrow came forward yesterday to say AMI tried something similar with him.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §–

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    SPLC also calls men's rights activists hate groups. It's hardly a credible source of "these are the bad people".

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

That went out the window a long, long, long time ago (before at least you and I were born), if indeed it ever existed in politics.

6. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol, "men's rights activists."

Because I'm soooooo oppressed. /s

7. ScottPress

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    My recommendation is to watch Cassie Jaye's documentary The Red Pill. Aside from that, the same reaction applies to 3rd wave feminists. Because they're soooooo oppressed in America of all places. But let's not derail the thread. I just briefly responded to someone using SPLC as a source.

8. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Most Men’s rights activists groups aren’t hate groups though. You can ridicule them all you want, but SPLC has a very bad habit of naming groups hate groups just because they don’t fit their liberal ideology.

There is a difference between a group with stupid beliefs and a group that actively acts on hate.

9. Imariel

Imariel Headmaster DLP Supporter

I thought being able to infer repressive structures from outcome inequalities was the definition of oppression.

10. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    SPLC can go overboard sometimes, but are generally reliable enough.

But I'm just laughing at the stupidity of 'men's rights activism.'

11. Arthellion

High Score:
    You’ve obviously never been in a custody battle...

There are some stupid men rights groups that are all “down with the feminists!” But most groups tend to focus on legitimate issues like custody battles, reproductive health, circumsision etc.

12. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    MRA roughly translates to, "I believe in Speed Stick Marine showers; why can't I get a date with a mildly attractive cum-dumpster?"

Given that the incel population comprises a not insignificant fraction of mass killers of late in the U.S., the hate-group label could well be apt.

13. Arthellion

High Score:
    It’s like how the feminist movement is made up entirely of women who want to kill the entire male population and institute a utopia of women only femnazis.
    /s.

You’re using the Internet stereotype to engage in an ad hominem attack. The reality of most MRA groups is very different than the stereotype.

14. Invictus

Invictus Banned

Is rhis is wjere I come in and say it is fine to label Islamic Study Centers that aren't progressive enough to my taste Hate Group,s because ISIS/Terrorists? Or do I demand SPLC to classify all Rap related recordimg companies hate groups because of their language and all those cases associatedto murder/murder attempts plus the ridicuously huge number of rappers accused of domestic abuse?

15. ScottPress

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    How is this different from me saying "feminists hate all men and want to institute matriarchy"?

I'll tell you. The difference is that what you and @Darth_Revan say is upvoted, when both statements are equally dumb. Something something 77 cents and rape culture.

16. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    My comment wasn't thumbs-upped by anyone, Mr. Sensitive (at least at the time of this writing). It was a flippant throwaway based on decades of personal experience and a few vodka martinis while I take a break from working my taxes. I'm sure there are "very fine people on both sides" and maybe I shouldn't lump MRA advocates and incels together. But seriously, said MRA folk should decide whether to disown the incel thing since it's a large constituent of their group and the standard bearers. You want feminists to answer for the more extreme in their group, same with you MRA types.

It's established fact that incels are responsible for a disproportionate fraction of mass shootings in the U.S. Hell, I was acquainted with one a couple decades back, before the term was even coined. This was only a murder/suicide though, so not a mass killing, something wholly ignorable by today's standards. Notable is how he shot her in the genitals, then stomach so she would take hours to die, in great pain, something that had he not have blown his brains out would have no doubt given him great satisfaction.

17. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

As I understand "Men's Rights Activists," the best thing I can say about them is that they have legitimate issues that probably should be acknowledged, but actually have far more in common with one of the basic principles of the feminist movement than they like to admit: the patriarchy does terrible things to people, and should be seriously reconsidered or even outright replaced with something better. Some of their issues, like domestic violence and circumcision*, are literally the exact same issue women face with the gender reversed. So in principle, a men's rights activist should actually be just as feminist as anyone, just exploring the flaws of the patriarchy from the other end. Of course, almost non self-proclaimed men's rights activist would ever call themselves feminist, but still.

*As a Jew who was circumcised at 8 days old, I hate it when people act like being circumcised is the worst thing ever. Yes, Gentile Americans do it in relatively high numbers for a ridiculous reason: John Harvey Kellogg, the inventor of corn flakes cereal, thought it would cure masturbation and even advocated FGM on women for the same reason. That doesn't mean it should be considered child abuse or any other such nonsense. If it's really that important to someone, then just don't have your own kids circumcised, that's it.

18. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Well thats fucking horrific.

19. Agayek

Agayek Totally Sirius DLP Supporter

A lot of the reason for that is for the same reason feminists refuse to acknowledge them. When a vocal minority shrieks about how you're the worst thing in the universe and need to go fucking die already, it makes it really hard to find common cause.

20. Imariel

Imariel Headmaster DLP Supporter

The issue with circumsition isn't that someone cuts off their foreskin - it's that you're making that choice for another human without them having a say. That said, people actually participating in Men's rights activist groups may very well be mostly incels. I really don't know, it's not a thing here in Sweden - but some if the issues they're discussing are actually worth to discuss. Same thing with active feminists, even though quite a few of them are rabid loons.

The issue with explaining outcomes disfavourable to men with 'patriarchy' is that inherent in the framework behind the concept is that the concept definitionally favours men. Society at large has different outcomes for different groups in different circumstances because it's intricate and multifaceted. Patriarchy implies that it's a societal norm we can just tweak and everything will be sunshine and daisies.

Changing one norm has a ripple effect that affects other things, in some ways negatively, and not in a completely predictable way.
    That doesn't mean we ought to not change norms and rules, but we should be careful in inferring injust norms due to a possibly limited amount of outcomes/results and not because the norms themselves are unjust.