1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. pbluekan

pbluekan Unspeakable DLP Supporter

The NYT podcast "The Daily" has a really good episode on this whole subject.

Link

Basically covers the current issues in Virginia, how the Democratic Party is handling it and some of the issues facing the Dems with their "No Tolerance" stance that they have been adopting since Al Franken.

2. tikkier2000

tikkier2000 Third Year

High Score:
    That's a large percentage of people. Even if they have documentation, how can we expect to even peripherally investigate all of the applicants? I don't think the system could handle it, and I don't know how large the system would have to be to accommodate that burden. That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to bar those without any papers from legal immigration except in situations of amnesty.

3. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

In news that should surprise nobody: Shutdown mk. II is looming.

4. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I've read that circumcision reduces the risk of catching an STD during vaginal sex. With how many are around I can see the benefit.

5. Silirt

Silirt Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Jesus if your partner has an std put some protection on that erection.

6. Invictus

Invictus Half-Blood Prince

Seems like the internal battle about Israel in the Democratic Party is taking shape.

JUST IN: House Democratic leaders led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi has accused Rep. Ilhan Omar of using "anti-Semitic tropes" and called on her to apologize after she sent tweets suggesting that lawmakers defending Israel were motivated by money.

This one will be interesting. Younger people, specially students, tend to be quite Anti-Israel, and they tend to stray the line at times. But there's very little ambiguity when you accused a Jewish lobby group of nefarious buying of politicians so these politicians support their evil Jewish state. This will be a mess no matter what, but let's see if the Old Dem guard wins or Democrats shift, going the Labour way, at least in this regard.

Adding to that mess, Pro-Palestine groups do really tend to stray the line between Anti-Israel and Anti-Semitism, something that Bibi always gleefully encouraged and used in his favor. That the Jewish community, specially American and Israeli ones, also like to mix both concepts really blurs the line. Versus that, older Democrats are very much pro-Israel, as is a significant part of US population.

7. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Obviously the idea is to reduce the chances of catching an STD when you don't know if your partner has one. Perhaps reduce the chances of them being spread in general.

8. Agayek

Agayek Prisoner

As a general rule, if you don't know one way or the other if your partner has an STD, you don't know her well enough to be having unprotected sex in the first place, so...

9. Silirt

Silirt Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

If you don't know whether or not your partner has an std, consider putting on a condom rather than cutting off part of your dick. You can take condoms off and I'm like 90% sure they're more effective.

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The only studies that found that were carried out in Sub-Saharan Africa, and as I understand it aren't applicable to Western populations.

11. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Yes, in a perfect world perhaps people would do that and also wouldn't get cheated on.
    Why wouldn't it be? If you're 35% less likely to get HIV while having unprotected sex then what stops it from translating elsewhere?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  12. Arthellion

Arthellion Chief Warlock

High Score:
    The fact that a trump thread has devolved into proper care of one’s penis is somehow very apt.

13. Nevermind

Nevermind Groundskeeper

High Score:
    I think we should come back to the important questions at hand regarding the president. Willie or won‘t he target another shutdown? He‘d probably get a lot of stick for it.

14. pbluekan

Truth. Personally, I'm just in favor of reducing the aid given to Israel for defense. $38 Billion is more than a little overzealous, IMO, but whenever I have expressed that view in political discussions with family friends, I've been told I was as anti-israel as the rest of the millennial generation, which is fucking bullshit.

On the other hand, I had a girl on campus say that "Of course you support Israel. You're a fucking Jew." I was pointing out that Egypt hasn't treated the Gaza Strip any better and that Lebanon is literally governed by an international terrorist organization with a stated goal of "Death to the Jews."

The fact is, I have very few problems with how Israel conducts itself. They are harsh, but when I visited last year, a missile was interdicted by the Iron Dome right over my fucking head and I watched some IDF disable a guy in a suicide vest in Hebron. I get why they're harsh.

I've no doubt that Trump will continue to support Israel. He and Bibi are bros.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, he gonna do it.

[​IMG]

He literally can't not at least make a token effort at this point.

15. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Stealthy puns, me like.

Call me insane or stupid (good odds on me being both anyway), but I think we'll have a shutdown again, but won't last as long as the last one. Maybe the weekend. Then again, I was hilariously wrong the first time, so...

16. Imariel

Imariel Death Eater DLP Supporter

If he already caved once the other side will just wait for him to cave again. It's a dumb move.

17. pbluekan

[​IMG]

18. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    All that has to happen to stop the shutdown in its tracks this time around is for the pilots' and flight attendants' unions to call a general strike over the lack of safe working conditions. If there is another shutdown, it'll be over very fast.

A concern I have with the shutdown(s) is the kind of shitshow the census is going to turn into in 2020. Commerce is part of the group who was/will be shut down and they are already far behind the curve in getting ready for the next census.

19. Invictus

Invictus Half-Blood Prince

20. pbluekan