1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Meanwhile, over in the Gulf of Hormuz, a couple of oil tankers were damaged over the weekend. The US blames Iran, Iran suggests they were orchestrated, and the whole thing seems to be escalating a bit. Pompeo says that the US does not seek war with Iran, though he is leaning on the EU to also drop the nuclear agreement. The EU wasn't overly impressed.

Bit of a high stakes game being played here... Can't say I'm fond of it.

Probably the only one coming out ahead is Bolton's dry cleaner on account of increased business for trousers.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Additionally, the Times reported today that the WH was dusting off its Iran war plans, at the insistence of, guess who?, Bolton. Coincidence, I'm sure.

3. Deltox

Deltox Second Year

High Score:
    I'm more concerned about the attacks the Houthis continue to make against the Saudis, which continue to ratchet up the war in Yemen. I don't think America has to worry about Middle East Part 2: Electric Boogaloo yet. There's just zero appetite for American boots on the ground in Iran. Literally no one would be happy with that except Israel.

Huh, maybe this was orchestrated after all.

4. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Death Eater DLP Supporter

Man, I hope the EU continues to tell the USA to go fuck itself with the nuclear deal stuff. The fucking nerve of these idiots to withdraw from a deal that was doing what it was supposed to, then throwing more sanctions on Iran, then threatening the other deal signatories if they don't back out of it... then the USA acts surprised when the country starts de-stabilizing in strange ways and things get a little more tense?

[​IMG]

Fucking mongs.

5. Deltox

Deltox Second Year

High Score:
    It won't tho. Iran is gonna end up feeling the under-the-table Israeli shit going on and try to pull some stupid shit themselves. I still remember a few years ago, during Obama's time, when Israel just launched fighter jets to blow up a power plant on Iranian soil. Shit was fucking nuts, a full on attack by an allied nation on foreign soil unprompted. Israel never got over the '67 mentality. And Iran can never see the Israel+Saudi pseudo-alliance as something it can live with.

The idea was that the deal would deescalate tensions, allow time for us to negotiate more. It bought twenty years easy, and instead we're going in the opposite direction so fast. I'll bet anyone 5 bucks that Iran tries to evade nuclear restrictions because European nations don't really honour the deal, which leads to Israel doing what the do best (pew pew), which leads to Iran responding in kind. Thanks Jared.

EDIT: This really is all Kushner's fault. Which in and of itself is fucking ridiculous, why does Ivanka Trump's RealDoll™ get to decide Middle East Policy? I had no idea it was possible to suck MBS and Netanyahu off so hard at the same time.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  6. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Europe has displayed no willingness not to keep the deal if at all possible, so I doubt that it'll be duplicity on their part which sinks this ship.

7. Deltox

Deltox Second Year

High Score:
  8. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Europe is almost certainly not going to break the deal. However, as Deltox's links point out, Europe doesn't have to do anything active for the deal to fall apart. US sanctions are hurting Iran, and the EU can't/won't do enough to stop that.

The hardliners in the US and Iran are pushing things along just fine on their own, so things will almost certainly continue to degenerate unless the hardliners get ousted before we hit the tipping point, or an external force (Europe and/or China) does something to fix it.

9. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Death Eater DLP Supporter

10. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Rep. Amash (MI-3) hasn't been impressed with Barr's conduct. (Plus a usual set of sideswiping towards partisanship.)

Is it too cynical of me to assume he's trying to set himself up for statewide office, perhaps in the event of the GOP disavowing Trump after the pendulum swings back to the other side?

11. Amekonnen

Amekonnen Second Year

High Score:
    Well it's good in either case: On one hand if its a play for statewide office then other Republicans will also smell blood and try to get a piece of the action, on the other hand if its coming from a honest reading on the Mueller report then more Republicans that are willing to break from the Trump Republican party the better, but it's most likely some combination of the two tbh and I'm feeling hopeful so I'll assume he's doing this with mostly good intentions until he proves otherwise.

12. Amekonnen

Amekonnen Second Year

High Score:
    Figured since thed thread is kinda quiet I might as well ask a question, do you guys think campaign finance should be reformed and if so how? I'm curious about what you guys that deal with politics as your job have to say about this. (As usual just tell me if this the wrong place to post this and I'll move it)