1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain)
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones

The pessimist in me is saying "The Journalist?"

2. Innomine

Innomine Headmaster ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I honestly don’t see how Trump survives this. I expect the republicans to turn on him at the right moment, just like they did with Nixon.

You can see the cracks already, Fox News is starting to turn on itself. Some republicans are breaking ranks.

But... just gotta wait and see how it plays out. All else is conjecture.

Just don’t expect it to be linear.

3. DR

DR Secret Squirrel ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So this might come as a shock to folks, but for once...I don't really see anything wrong with this one.

Now, the reason for that is this: Whether we like it or not (I think it's a huge waste of time and resources), there is a compliance inquiry into the Mueller investigation and why it started. It's dumb, but it's real. They'll find nothing, but it exists. So, as part of that, because the Mueller Report clearly detailed why the probe started, it's acceptable to request aid from other governments if they are involved to provide legitimate assistance to help along the probe.

So Barr, being the AG, going to his counterparts in Aussie, to ask for their cooperation, doesn't strike me as remotely alarming.

--

I mean, I do like a good drone strike.

Aw, I like you too, bud.

Look, I get that it's a cycle of hatred, but I've gotta say: There is a difference in my mind between "I hate you because of who you are." vs. "I hate you because you hate me." Okay? So with that, being respectful has it's uses, but while I can respect your right to have a contrary opinion in a debate, I shouldn't have to respect your (general "you") hatred. It started with that. And it might have spiraled, but the original sin was not ours.

4. pbluekan

pbluekan Headmaster DLP Supporter

So, of interest today is a spectacularly useless gesture.

I'm not exactly sure of the legalities behind attorney client privilege, but I assume Giuliani can legitimately tell Congress to fuck off given he's not even a government employee. That said, even if he were a government employee, he'd probably ignore the subpoena anyway, because apparently that's what we do now.

5. pbluekan

pbluekan Headmaster DLP Supporter

6. Dirty Puzzle

Dirty Puzzle DA Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You know, I would be deeply offended if all it took to start a second Civil War was Impeaching the Cheeto. On a more petty note, can anyone see out of those angled "tactical" sunglasses, or are those dudes squinting constantly because they wanna look really badass?

Edit: historical precedent says someone's gotta get the shit kicked out of them on the Senate floor before we can go to Civil War, so if that's where we're headed I vote Moscow Mitch.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    For what it’s worth...kindness ends when they become physical. Feel free to shoot them...

Or drone strike if that’s your preference

8. ThePinkTomato

ThePinkTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Frankly I'd enjoy watching the US Army kick the shit out of some weekend warrior militia, for the arguing point it'd represent if nothing else.

9. Innomine

High Score:
    Aaah, honestly, if people start shooting over this, it becomes an entirely different game. That’s worst case scenario here.

You’re gonna have thousands of lone warriors with military weapons trying to kill politicians. Don’t underestimate just how bad that could get extremely quickly.

It’s one thing to send the army overseas, another thing to send them against your own people. And don’t forget that Trump is the Commander in Chief.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

You can bet Russia will do everything it can to push this to conflict.

11. Innomine

High Score:
    I’m not sure if they would. Nothing would unite the US faster than a foreign adversary being seen to directly interfere. Honestly, they don’t need to do anything, Trumps doing it all for them.

I’m more thinking that this is fantastic for China tbh. But they’ve got domestic issues as well atm. Everyone does it seems.

12. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

I provided supplemental reading for this several hours ahead of your post that casts doubt on the ability to use attorney-client privilege. He'll probably claim it or executive privilege anyway and we'll have a nice little bit of tug of war most likely followed by a furious outburst about how the Judiciary is part of the Swamp.

13. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

Based on what we have observed from Guiliani in the past, I'll go with E: Deny allegations that have not been raised yet, opening yet another avenue of investigation.

14. Dirty Puzzle

Dirty Puzzle DA Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't think even Trump is that stupid. You have the military march against anyone domestic and you're at the very least starting riots, if not worse. And I don't doubt there's at least a couple states calling up their national guards if the feds so much as fire a single bullet. I'm gonna assume that if Trump actually looked like he wanted to start Civil War Part 2: Electric Boogaloo, that Republicans would have a modicum of common sense.

That being said, should we ever get close, I'm going to Montana lads. Almost nobody lives out there, they have guns, and if I have to pop on over to Canada, the option is wide open. And I'm not exactly opposed to picking off far right nut jobs from the snow. /s

15. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

16. balin

balin First Year DLP Supporter

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    And watch Trump shrug it off like he has everything else.

18. Dresden11

Dresden11 Third Year

It really amazes me how off the rail Trump seems to have gone. And no one really cares because they have been so desensitized to his antics by now.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't think it's going to be as big a deal because the Democrats are going after him for the cover up rather than the actual asking for a foreign nation to influence the election. Trump could worm his way out of the latter, but actual proof of a conspiracy to hide the fact is much easier to prove.

20. Nerox

Nerox Professor

Seems like Trump admitted on air that he talked to Ukraine and China to investigate Biden. If you don't impeach him now America you might have fucked your democracy quite thoroughly. Pence has also defended Trump, so that rules out a presidential bid from him I think. Wow...