1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Agayek

Agayek Alchemist

This surprises you? Really?

2. Invictus

Invictus Totally Sirius

This is Rule by Twitter Decree. Wait until something official is rolled out.

Like most things that Trump talks a big game, things can explode in courts or Congress and leave hanging. Like finishing DACA, Transgender Ban, most of the travel ban including the original one, etc. Turns out that 140 characters isn't enough to roll out a solid law/executive decree. Shocking to everyone I'm sure.

3. TRH

TRH Seventh Year

It's just as well that Trump tends not to follow through on his worst threats. If he did, we'd probably have had several nuclear wars by now.

4. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You only get one, so you have to make it count.

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

I find myself strangely compelled to post part of the Lose Yourself chorus in response...

Moving on: a certain non-conceding candidate for the Senate is begging supporters to help him pay his legal fees.

6. pbluekan

pbluekan High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Word on the Street is Cohn just resigned. Freddie is singing his tune, I guess. I’m just watching global markets swing in the breeze that flows out of Tump’s ass. This is just the latest gust.

7. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Order Member

Cohn, in Fire and Fury.
    Gee, I wonder why he quit.

8. Invictus

Invictus Totally Sirius

9. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Man, can't wait until the rest of the world tariffs the shit out of us out of retribution, and everything made of steel goes up in price.

Fuck me, are we great again yet?

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cecilia Malstrom has stated that she expects the EU to be exempt from the tariffs as we're a close ally of the U.S. aren't Canada and Mexico on special deals already? Is the list of excluded areas going to grow to a length where the tariffs are so watered down they're essentially meaningless apart from campaign slogans?

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

You're asking what Trump intends to do tomorrow. Play the lottery instead, at least there you have a chance to win.

12. Invictus

Invictus Totally Sirius

That and harming unintended third world countries. That seems Trump is good at. Empty talk and lots of collateral damage.

13. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    So far, the exemptions seem to be for NAFTA.

14. pbluekan

Thank fuck for that, at least. Those tariffs individually would have caused more damage than most of the euro tariffs would have put together.

15. Innomine

Innomine Unspeakable Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The tariffs a pretty clearly targeted at China. That's where his rhetoric has been at least.

16. pbluekan

That’s the rhetoric, but it wouldn’t be the Chinese that would have felt the brunt of them. Canada, Mexico, and Europe would have felt it hardest. Especially Canada and Mexico. A major component of the original tariffs was essentially aimed at neutering NAFTA.

17. Invictus

Invictus Totally Sirius

Biggest losers would be Canada and Brasil, Mexico isn't nearly as affected as those two. Europe would also be affected heavily in two ways, first loss of some steel exports and specially more expensive pre-made slabs and possibly being overwhelmed with steel that was going to the US but isn't commercially viable anymore to go there so they dump it at even cheaper prices in Europe, creating a glut.

China only provides around 0.6% of all steel imported by the US. China has also been drastically diminishing it's steel exports and it's main market is Southeast Asia.

18. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    Perhaps not by raw materials imports, but they would be hit hard by the knock-on effects on manufacturing by companies that make extensive use of repeated cross-border trade. Mexico is very important to auto manufacturing, for example.

19. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Headmaster DLP Supporter

The House investigation is ending.

Things like this are why I'm going to vote straight ticket for the first time in my life. Somehow, the entire Republican establishment has decided to close ranks around treason. Tribalism has never been so toxic.

20. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    The idea that Steele leveraging his expertise as a former intelligence officer and thereby collecting information from sources inside Russia is the same thing as the Russian government furnishing HRC with assistance is the biggest, most idiotic, most patently fucking ridiculous lie I have ever seen in my life.

If the GOP leadership endorses that, which I know for a fact that they know is false, then you're right; treason isn't a strong enough word.