1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

The Trumperium of Mankind

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fire, Jan 20, 2017.

?

New Thread Title?

1. Trumperium 2: We Shall Overcomb

18.5%
  2. Trumperium 2: Remember, no Russian

13.8%
  3. Trumperium 2: Executive Dis Order

12.3%
  4. Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

36.9%
  5. Trumperium 2: From Russia with Love

18.5%
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Polls like these won't graphically include respondents who state 'Undecided', 'Don't Know/Care', or 'Did Not Respond'. There's no reason to expect them to be all 100%. Take a look at the raw data, you'll likely find your answers there.

2. NuitTombee

NuitTombee Supreme Mugwump

Thank you, that is what I was asking for in my first post.

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Order Member

These graphs also don't include how many Republicans, Democrats and Independents they interviewed, nor the percentage of Americans in these parties.

Many Americans tend to state that they are Independents that tend to lean towards one party or another, only 'declaring' for a party around election time...

"As of October 2014, Gallup polling found that 43% of Americans identified as Democrats and 39% as Republicans, when party "leaners" were included; those figures changed to 41% Democratic and 42% Republican after the November 2014 elections.[3] However, an earlier 2013 Gallup survey found that 42% of Americans identified as political independents, a record high.[4]

The latter result is more in line with Gallup polling in 2010 that found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats (tying a 22-year low), 29% as Republicans, and 38% as independents.[5] "

We have no idea what questions were asked and how they quantified the results. Its not a very good reflection of popularity of this move other than: "hardcore Republicans like Trump, hardcore Democrats hate him"

4. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Yeah, I've known quite a few self-declared Independents who still vote a straight party line every election.

5. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Plus we don't really need Trump's base. We shouldn't write them off, but if we convince and motivate moderates, centrists, and liberals to vote for the Democratic party then we can win more elections.

6. Invictus

Invictus Heir

I mean. You can try. But the last 7 years weren't very successful. Maybe. Just maybe. Dems should go back to their roots a little.

7. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    Granted, but then again, it's always easier to not be the guys in charge. Opposition is easier than governing, as the GOP is finding out day after day.

8. Invictus

Invictus Heir

Indeed. But if the opposition isn't trusted and doesn't match the desires of the central electorate, well, then you will find out that electors are willing to forgive a lot, as Labour gonna find out. Again.

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

The WaPo article links to the NBC site, and if everything is as always, you should find the raw data there. Knock yourself out.

The actual point is that the representatives with an (R) after the name have zero incentive to stop of even (lol) impeach Trump. And as those happen to have the majority, we'll be treated to a lot more Trump in the next years.

10. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    You see, if you give him enough time, his Id comes out.

Trump now says that Comey 'should never have exonerated her.' This, despite the fact that 48 hours ago, he was saying that he fired Comey because he 'wasn't fair' to her.

So by the transitive property, we should have been 'fair' to Hillary by, in fact, being harsher to her than we already were.

So, now, Fairness equals Prison.

I propose we treat Mr. Trump VERY FAIRLY.

11. NuitTombee

NuitTombee Supreme Mugwump

I mean, not that I agree with him, but using fair in such a way is not unique to him to my knowledge.

12. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    Not when you consider that the memo published by the Deputy Attorney General that was used by the White House as an explanation defined not being fair as the Director should never have even said anything at all that was derogatory/defamatory if they weren't seeking a prosecution. That's what 'not fair' meant 48 hours ago.

13. Solfege

Solfege High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

N=1 confirmation. Cheri Bustos won her district (IL, 17th) by a 20pt landslide despite it swinging for Trump.

14. Agayek

Agayek Dark Lord

You have any details on Cheri Bustos' positions and all that? I don't know squat about Illinois politicians, and her wikipedia page wasn't terribly helpful, consisting mostly of "Supports the ACA" and "Opposes the Bush tax breaks".

15. Solfege

Solfege High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Her success seems to have focused on authentic outreach to her constituents, the manner in which she meets and mingles and listens, and comes away walking a deft line in managing the conversation that matters to them.

Hence she's pro-choice and Catholic but rarely talks about that (or other "no-win" social issues) in favor of jobs and economy. She's pro-gun and frames support for limited gun control accordingly, when it comes up. She's supported Keystone and called for improving the imperfect ACA. On issues such as TPP, BLM, transgendered bathrooms, she's been noncommittal. TPP would've been a hard choice had it come down to the line, but the others seem to be "no-wins" that aren't much priorities for conversation.

She's the only IL-D from outside the Chicago districts, and it seems one of the few to win rural counties consistently.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  16. Invictus

Invictus Heir

17. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Of course he would be trying to get it back. I'm pretty sure the people he has surrounded himself with now are the very kind who wanted it. The guy, and his supporters, were just such idiots they had no idea what it even meant.

18. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Order Member

Thank Christ. I'm 1000% happy for the TPP to come into effect while Trump gets saddled with the political blame.

I don't even think it'll fuck his electorate over at all. Oh, sure, it's a betrayal of the campaign promises, but TPP was never going to impact American workers all that much, unless they were heavily invested in Chinese knockoff companies.

19. Arthellion

Arthellion Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Eh...my mom and 200 other people lost their jobs because of their firm being invested in those knock off industries. We still are for the TPP, but always remember there are real people hurt by policies. The goal of the president should be to seek policies that hurt/benefit the least/most people in their country.

20. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Not open for further replies.