1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The Uncanny Mrs Hudson by ifonlynotnever (K--Sherlock)

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by TheWiseTomato, Oct 28, 2012.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Author: ifonlynotnever
    Rating: K
    Genre: Humour/Drama
    Fandom: BBC Sherlock
    Pairings: Mention of Mrs Hudson/OC Husband
    Summary: ONE SHOT. "Mrs Hudson knew precisely what kind of person she was offering tea to. The assassin, however, did not know what she'd added to the tea." Or: Mrs Hudson is the biggest BAMF of all.
    Link: The Uncanny Mrs Hudson

A short little piece set during Reichenbach that could possibly be canon. Technically solid, it gives a bit more depth to an otherwise lighthearted character with a nice amount of humour. Nails Mrs Hudson's manner spot on.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention. It seems our Sherlock fanbase is rather small. I'd move it based on the current rating, but I'd like to see some reviews before I do it.

EDIT: Oh, and please, Ketchup, use tags based on our tagging system.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. Infidel

Infidel Auror

A nice, light read. I agree with TheWiseTomato that Mrs. Hudson's character was spot on. I can also easily imagine Sherlock giving her the poison.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

4/5 for a oneshot. Quite enjoyed it -- as others said they managed to nail Mrs. Hudson's sense of humor and this could easily be canon in terms of what goes on.

5. Hello

Hello Professor

Shorter than my normal fare, but a good introspective piece that does not pretend to be anything than what it is.

6. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    A nice little piece. Does no more, nor less than what it intends to, but captures the voice of Mrs. Hudson beautifully. I was especially fond of this little gem:

...Mrs Hudson feels fairly certain that the evidence is in favour of the assassin being for her. Which is... it's...

Well. It's a bit flattering, isn't it? Her being important enough to warrant a professional. No doubt something to do with Sherlock again, but still. How exciting! Mrs Turner will never believe it.

Absolutely spot-on.

Summary was a bit discouraging, tbh, but the actual substance of it is much better, with her actions and the setup perfectly believable.

I encourage anyone to read this - at 712 words, it's quick, easy morsel, but there's a simple joy to its presentation.

4.5/5, rounded up.