1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Universe by FoxboroSalts - T - Haruhi Suzumiya/Persona

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ferdiad, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Title: The Universe
    Author: FoxboroSalts
    Rating: T
    Genre: Horror/Supernatural
    Pairing: Haruhi S./ Minato A
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 69,999
    Published: Jun 29, 2014
    Summary: I stand before God and blink. "Hey," she says to me. "You're the new transfer student, right?" AU. Status: Complete.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10493044/1/The-Universe

I figured I'd put this up for review seeing as how it just finished. This is one of the better Persona crossovers I've seen. It's a fusion of the universes where Haruhi is pretty much the only person different inserted into the Persona universe.

I don't want to say too much about the plot besides what's in the summary because it get's explained throughout the story.The writing's of a good quality and it's written with Minato as a silent protagonist which works pretty well. I didn't have much knowledge of Persona besides crossovers but the story was pretty understandable.

I'd rate it 4/5 myself.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

So, if I understand the last sentence right,it can be understood even if I know nothing about Persona?

3. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

You might need to wiki some some stuff.

4. Imraefi

Imraefi Third Year

4/5.

It was pretty good. I liked the trickery with the fonts, but that's a gimmick more than anything else.

Harhui was pretty spooky, especially in the "Entity" ending, and I enjoyed the description of the eldritch horrors having a party.

5. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Very, very intriguing story, but I'm not sure how I feel about the endings. I mean, they were neat as hell, but even beyond the whole 'no good end' thing--which, in fairness, was sort of true in P3 anyway--there was all that build up between the characters prior to him floating up to Haruhi, but without any resolution.

Also, needed more Minato as the Outer God's husbando. Like, that ominous 'I'm hungry' bit--where's that going? Is Minato going to be the new Narly or just become the Eldritch Chef?

6. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

3rd Epilogue, best epilogue.

^ I guess the "I'm hungry bit imo, is just the author's way of telling us, the readers, that Haruhi is actually that God who eats worlds aka. Azathoth.

He kinda said it in the AN notes/spoilers at the very end.

7. salts

salts Third Year

Yo, author here.

Thanks for putting it up for review. Sorry, it's a bit late. This actually pushed me to finally make an account here. Anyway, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

I tried to make things as nice (or bleak) and as final as possible, but yeah, the lingering resentments are supposed to be there, like in the vein of P3's nut-punching ending.

If some of the things didn't come out too well, that's on me.