1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead: The Game, A review

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Duke, Jun 16, 2012.

1. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

I like'd it better than the show, don't get me wrong I actually enjoy the show but this game just seemed to have "character". And the game is based around the comics not the show as well so thats a plus for any of you fanatics like me.

There are a few people you will recognize from both the TV series and the comic books but they are all gone by the end of the first "chapter" of the game and its all OC's from there. It is not necessary to have seen the show or read any of the comics to enjoy this game to its fullest. All in all its the funnest adventure game I've played since Amerzone first came out.

It's going to be released in 5 or 6 chapters as the developers complete them. On Steam they sell all together for a one-time payment of 25$ (for me in Canada anyway), so once you have paid you keep getting them as they are released.

In my opinion its well worth it for any zombie enthusiest. Just remember while there is quite a bit of action and zombie goodness it's not a shooter or a run and gun game at all. It's very much like the comic books; VERY story driven, with a hell of a lot of character building.

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I'm unfamiliar with the show or the comic and enjoyed the game. You start off on your way to jail for Doing A Bad Thing, and a lot of the time in dialogue your goal is to dance around letting anyone know and trying desperately to keep your lies straight. I fucked up early and told a guy that I got a ride out of town with a cop, and the next day told him I was already on my way out of town when the shit hit the fan. Whoops.

Reminds me a bit of Alpha Protocol, actually, in that you have to choose your dialogue fast and it is freakishly good at keeping track of everything you've done up to that point. Worth a few bucks, easy. Grab it if you like zombies or character-driven puzzle games.