1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

TinyHunt 2
    A Witch Hunt Variant

Roles

Town
    Town wins when all Witches are dead.

Priest: Each night, check if a player is in the coven.

Acolyte: At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch, you may pick a player to lynch

Vigilante: The first Night after two consecutive lynches of Town members, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch Night Kill.

Oracle: Each night, pick a player. If that player was visited by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of that night.

Possible Visits: Witch Kill, Vigilante Kill, Priest check, Clown throw, Angel protect - including a deathcurse blocked angel protect.

Martyr: You may kill yourself to prevent another player from dying, unless they were killed by a Soup Kill. Your death, and who you save will be announced at day start.

Leeroy: You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached. Your death, and who you select will be announced at day end.

Pope: At the end of a night where 4 or fewer players are alive, you learn which living players are in the coven.

D.O.B.: When you die, choose another player to die with you. Your death and the target you select will be announced at day start if you are killed in the night, or at day end if you die to a lynch.

Clown: Each night, you may throw a pie at a player. The player hit is informed privately that the Clown threw a pie at them. If you hit the Pope or Leeroy, they are also told your identity.

Witches

Witches win when all townies are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches can freely communicate with each other and have a nightly kill.

Demon: Each night, you are informed of who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.

Occultist: At the end of each night, you are informed of the Guardian Angel's protection target that night.

Necromancer: On odd numbered nights you learn the roles of players killed by the Witch Night Kill.

Mechanics

Timing: Day will be 72 hours, while night will be 24 hours.

Lynches: Lynches are Majority. Deadline Lynches are available. Votes must be clearly labeled to count as Deadline, or they will be considered Standard.

Deaths: Roles are not revealed upon death.

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a Witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies.

A successful Match will only give the 'PlayerName has Died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed - 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed'.

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend (witches choose who wins a tie). Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

Guardian Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (Vigilante Kill or Witch Night Kill). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players at the start of night.

Death Curse: Once per game during Day, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but can still post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse. Angels are not informed of a Death Curse until the end of that night.

Witches Last Gasp: If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not judge or leeroy), their power continues to work for the coven that night.

Night Kill Survival: If a player survives being killed at night there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

Rules

-Only living players may post in the game thread
    -You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
    -You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
    -You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related.
    -Be Nice! We're all playing to have fun here

Priority

Day Action Priority
    -Start of day + Announcements
    -Day ends
    -Lynch if majority, allow Judge to pick if no majority or no lynch (if alive)
    -Lump joins his friend (Day One only)
    -DoB Revenge if lynched
    -Witches Death Curse
    -Vigilante informed if he can kill

Night Action Priority
    -Angel Protect
    -Kills (Vigilante, Witch Night Kill or Soup)
    -DoB Revenge if killed
    -Martyr Save
    -Pope player count check
    -Info roles resolve - Priest, Oracle, Clown target, Pope, Angels, Demon, Occultist and Necromancer get info

Flavor

There were 14 of you in this nice, peaceful village. Then all of a sudden, one night, one of your number turns up dead, with witchcraft the obvious cause. You have witches hiding in your midst, and something tells you there are three. It's magic. Don't question it.

So, you decide to execute one of your number daily, after a healthy discussion, until all of these evildoers are eradicated from your village. Sure, you'll probably kill some innocents along the way - but it sounded like a great idea when you were drunk.

Livelist

Ash
    Castiel
    Dovaekiin
    Gambit
    Jwlk
    Kai
    Kalas
    Lungs
    Menace
    soundlyParanoid
    Uncle Stojil
    Vira
    Zennith

Daystart!

Day One ends in 72 hours - July 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM EST

Countdown to you needing to have someone dead

With 13 players alive, it will be 7 to lynch.

Also, don't forget to elect someone to give Lump, the Faithful Panda to!

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Lump Vote: Menace

:3

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lump Vote: KaiDASH

Lynch Vote: Lungs

Kai is great, when he's town.

Lungs is always scumz. D:

---------- Post automerged at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

ebwop: Eido, is there even a D1 lynch? o_O

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

There's always a D1 lynch *cough*

I feel Lungs would do this as scum.

Lump: jwlk

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Yes. Because not having a lynch day one is fucking retarded.

6. Striker

In that case, I'll second his vote.

Lynch Vote: Lungs

Great success.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Lump Vote: KaiDASH.

I'm not lynch voting yet until more people post. Also, whoever gets Lump should be checked by the Priest tonight.

8. Dopdedo this is my first game. (here.)

Please be gentle.

Lump: soundlyParanoid

9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    HAHAHAHAH para

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

---------- Post automerged at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

ebwop: AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA PARA LOL

10. Hi Lungs. D:

11. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel this way as well

Lump Vote: soundlyParanoid

I hate sensible things and decisions.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Except, you know, for the Castiel :p

13. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Lump vote: Ash

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I put myself forward for Lump based on me being awesome and also because I didn't lose the last game.

Lump Vote: Dovaekiin

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

angelrick mvp town, castiel mvp scum

lumps: kaidash

16. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Lynch vote: KaiDASH because fuck you.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

You.

10char

18. Striker

It's not that you won, Aekiel. It's that AngelRick lost.

But yeah, had a cool little thought while looking over the game mechanics. Since it's Day 1 and everyone's alive, I think we should handle the lynch a little bit differently than normal. Judge is confirmed town in this game and they nullify the Witch's Last Gasp, so we should probably leave the actual lynching to them and just specify who we want dead. This has the added bonus of making the possibility of an accidental lynch on the judge a non-issue. Sure, in that scenario they'd probably die that night to an NK/Soup Kill after the pseudo-reveal, but we'd still be in better shape than if they just took the kill.

Unfortunately I can't think of any good questions right now, but I'll be be back with a few tomorrow if this thread is still dead. But it better not be. Or else.

---------- Post automerged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Holy shit ninjas. Ninjas everywhere.

19. you know

this looks sound on paper but i don't think it'll play out that well in practice.

call it a hunch.

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

And then I prove that I can't type without sounding disjointed as hell.

I swear I don't type like I am something out of Twin Peaks at all times. I promise.

20. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I don't think its a bad idea. It worked out well enough on another game i played with similar rules. We just need to make sure there are two targets, in case one of them is actually the judge so they don't out themselves. And we should still pressure people like normal, just make sure not to hammer one person, and have 2 clear lynch targets for the judge to choose from when day ends.