1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

To Drown in the Surroudning Darkness...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Stalicon, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

To Drown In the Surrounding Darkness...

Harry is confronted with Voldemorts memories while he sleeps, of his past, his present, all of what made him what he is and more, and slowly Their painful memories begin to merge and Harry can no longer tell them apart for their pasts are to simalir.

As Harry learns more and his delima grows he slowlly becomes a mix of the two. In the end Harry surcumbs to the preasure and snaps becomeing what he first sought to destroy, A Dark Lord of Power beyond reasoning.

#1. Harry starts off in the midst of depression (weakens and numbs the mind)

#2. The memories start slowly only a 'peak' at a time and gradually fill themselves in. In all It should take a full year before Harry falls.

#3 Harry will be Dark no redeeming himself or his Friends redeeming themselvs shit!

#4 Kill Ginny....

2. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

time period?

Otherwise, this interests me. If there are any currently that resemble this, please, tell me.

Hope someone takes it up.

3. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

Thats a brilliant idea,
    Suggestion?
    Possibly after the events at the Dept Of Mem, you know when voldemort tried to possess harry, he left his memorys there unknowingly (is that even a word?)
    so yea...just a idea >_> better then post hbp, hate those stories

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Better than the usual idea where he gets all the memories in one go. If it spans over a period of time its builds his character, showing him how he desends into the darkness.

It shouldnt including knowledge, just memories I would think. He has to train for himself.

That'd be a good story if someone took it.

5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

you could have two possibilities.

either the he experiences the memories in one go, and spends the rest of the time dabbling in the knowledge and learning to use it, showing his allurement to the darkness, or...

you could have him experience memories little by little, in flashes and dreams, daydreams, etc. which subtly alter his way of thinking, not only just by the fall to dark magic.

6. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I would definitely read it if someone took it up. . .

7. Thorn

Thorn Professor

I'd love it if someone took this up...

And if someone does, I definatly think it should be done gradually.

8. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Oh I didn't put up the time periond, well its suposed to be a post Order of The Phinoex story.

No, I haven't looked but I don't think there are any like this kinda wipped it up in about 5minutes because I got bored and wanted to do something lol, then just fine tuned it afterwards so I think its fairly original if not the memory thing... I acutally came here expecting to get post about how my idea sucked or had already been done.

I was leaning to something like he gets the knoledge as Riddles past comes together and learns with him. Instead of the oh I invaded your mind Now I'm as good as you kinda thing.

That was my plan. Almost word for word except the 'visions' occur at the worst possible moments....forgot to put that in there to...

9. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

this souunds like a good idea... maddened delusions brought on by an insane Dark Lord...

almost sounds like my own story which has an insane harry with an insane Lord Voldemort joined together in Lordship, Harry representing the madness and teh power that comes from it and Lord Voldemort representing the chaos and terror that can be created by reviving the primal fear for him in the people's brains.