1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Riddle Merged.

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Verse of Darkness, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

A spinoff from the average Harry gaining Voldemort's power:

The night of Halloween was no ordinary attempt of making an Horcrux. No, somehow and some way, Ancient Magic had slowly pooled from the young Potter, resulting the soul of Tom Riddle forcibly being pulled from the Horcrux and merging with Harry Potter. BAM! Eleven years later, Harry is enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Will Albus see through this? How would the soul of young Riddle effect the boy's years and fame?

--

I know it's kind of iffy and I possibly wrote it rather confusing. But basically I was wondering a Harry whose soul was merged with Tom Riddle instead of Voldemort. The House I prefer he was sorted in would be Ravenclaw, and if the writer chooses a pairing I preferably would rather have a H/Pansy or some other Slytherin Female.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To me, it would a be a good excuse to have a more intelligent Harry, perhaps more politically active. I would hope that the political activity wouldn't be exclusively uppercrust deals and so on, perhaps do something new and different, have him be a proponent of pro-muggleborn/muggle-raised/non-pureblooded laws.

You would have to come up with a reason that Tom Riddles soul is not Voldemorts. Was he perhaps possessed by a demon whilst he was searching for some artifact whilst travelling. Or perhaps even before that. I would say that whenever you have his soul become separate from Voldemorts, his souls development stops, making it that age forever more. Thus it would be that age of a soul that merged with Harry, not one in its 50's, at most one in its 20's, probably younger.

But I do like the idea. Its moderately novel, and allows you to lead into a fairly good form of fic. You would just have to be careful not to do a replica of the series.

3. Verse of Darkness

I was thinking of having Voldemort wear one of his Horcrux that he made while he was Tom Riddle. For the politic route, I'd have Harry exposed to that specific area. The best way I'd recommend him see it would be the route of corruption. I dunno about the pro-muggleborn laws, as his soul is merged with Tom Riddle, I'm not sure if I'd rather have him resent muggles all think of them on a neutral balance. For the starting of the year... writing seven whole stories would be rather tedious. One could probably have a few timeskips.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hmm. It is an interesting idea. Kinda like a twist on the 'Diary-Horcrux taking over Harry' idea, which hasnt been used properly as of yet.

Does he have Tom Riddle's memories up until the time of the Horcruxes creation? It's a good challenge either way, if it was fleshed out more. Be excellent if someone takes it.

5. Verse of Darkness

It depends on what the author wants, he could either gain his memory slowly as he progresses or when something similar happens (the only significant memory I think of is Harry getting his wand and has a "flashback" of Tom getting his wand). Its funny because the more I think of it the more I wish to write it.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I like the flashback idea a lot more. You should give this story a shot. I'll help in anyway I can, if you need it.

7. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As will I, god knows, if more folk just tried to write a fic, they might find they aren't so bad at it.