1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Please be courteous to staff and post NEW threads for NEW Issues, instead of posting them in threads that are not related to said issue.

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    NDA will almost certainly prevent Gio from replying.

TOMD is paying a speeding ticket I got yesterday driving the wife's car: 140 bucks for doing 82 in a 75. I was being passed at the time by two vehicles doing probably 90.

Ticky-tack state cops and their quotas can go suck on an exhaust pipe.

2. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Indeed. Washington State Patrol are a real treasure too - they seem to know just where to sit to make the biggest impact as far as slowing traffic down at busy times of day, and take great pleasure in it. And their selection is the same as yours too - people passing on the right doing 25+ over the speed limit, or passing people on the shoulder? Nah, he's not worth pulling over.

Now, the guy that's not putting his blinker on to merge onto the freeway from an on-ramp at 3:30am when there's literally nobody else on the visible stretch of freeway - almost a mile in either direction? Clearly the biggest hazard in the history of Washington State Highway 3, and should be ticketed and/or flogged.

3. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: Going to Denver (flying out of Raleigh) for the first time next week. Will be in the Denver, Colorado Springs, Casper, Wyoming area 21-27 if anyone knows anything awesome to do or wants to get a drink. Lord Ravenclaw: What are you doing?

4. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good point, I suppose. I didn't know those covered who your employer was, I assumed it would only refer to the content of your work? Good learning point of the day.

TOMD: A supervisor I occasionally do work for keeps trying to poach me from my current position. Initially I resisted because I didn't think it was worth it. Today he hinted that the switch might come with a business trip to Prague in the near future....suddenly it is much more tempting.

5. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Finished my first shutdown job in Canada. 43 days on site with four days off but still on site. My body is ready for rest.

6. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    NDA can cover many things in the public and private sectors. I've even worked in settings where the existence of an NDA covering the topic was itself protected by an NDA.

7. Agent One

Agent One Fourth Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Stupid question time: What about the existence of the second NDA? Could you talk about anything in regards to that one?

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's an NDA for that one, too.

9. Oz

Oz Heir to Hogwarts Moderator DLP Supporter

There's nothing more freeing than getting to say "Sorry but that's under NDA" when someone asks how your day at work was. Pointless conversation avoided.

10. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: Had to euthanise my old dog today. Jack Russell named Dexter. He was a great little dog. Had a good innings at 15 years old. Cancer got him in the end.

Here we are on the couch a few years back, at my mother's house. He'd just swiped a swig of beer:

[​IMG]

I'm trying to stay sober at the moment so going to go throw myself into some work.

11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sorry for your loss, Joe.

12. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Totally Sirius

Just reconnected with one of my oldest childhood friends an hour ago at my dad's cousin's birthday. Literally haven't seen each other for 13 years and for the last four years she was two hours away at Plymouth University while I was at Bristol. How's that for passing each other by?

13. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    My sister is throwing a party for some of her friends as I'm typing this post and an hour into the party I stole a couple of her guy friends away and we spent 3 hours talking video games old and new. Sister invited even numbers of guys and girls for dancing pair-off purposes and I ruined that for a good part of the evening. The guys finally got dragged back just now. Never met them before.

That feeling when you can talk about shared passions with complete strangers: #priceless.

14. Imariel

Imariel Order Member DLP Supporter

TOMD: I've fallen for the WoW Legion hype and pre-ordered. I'm stuck. Send help.

On a serious note I had forgotten how much I used to enjoy this game. The demon hunter is a lot of fun. Pretty psyched for legion. The negative side is that my quest to keep my new girlfriend might fail spectacularly.

15. Rehio

Rehio Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I wish I had 24 more hours in the day so I could enjoy WoW. I loved the game, but it's such a time investment.

I say as I dump my free time into another game.

I guess the "insidious" thing about WoW (and other MMOs) is just that it urges you to stay invested and there's no ending point, unlike other types.

16. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw System God Admin

I'll be around that week. Lets grab some drinks when you're in Denver!

17. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

So TOMYear...

It's been awhile since I've posted. I moved out of my apartment in February. I moved in with my future in-laws for the planned 6-8 week renovation of my new home. 6-8 weeks turned into June. It was a very rough time at work, for my relationship, and for my life in general.

But it all worked out in the end.

I got married to my highschool sweetheart who I've been with for nine years. We went to the courthouse, tied the knot, had a nice dinner and stayed for one night at our local Four Seasons. They upgraded us to a villa overlooking the golf course and sent us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Which was nice.

The next day we moved into our new home after many months of anticipation. We would've done it sooner but things just worked out this way and it saves some questions with her grandparents.

It's been really nice to get back to cooking for myself, my new fridge has this amazing drink drawer, and my new wife spent a little too much money to turn the third bedroom into my new home-office . It's nice to finally have my computer set up again. I've just finished catching up on all my stories in between getting my classroom ready for the new school year and my various in-service classes.

The whole renovation process has been an unending torment that has been a real strain on most of my relationships. But I think it's worth it.

It's good to be back!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  18. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    TOMD: Aced all of my exams. I can now apply to Cambridge with four A's, in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Music. I'm shaking, both in joy and disbelief.

19. TMD

TMD Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

TOMD: Watching one of my classfellows from school (and ex-teammate from team GB) compete in the olympics, wondering what could have been if I hadn't chosen books over sports.

20. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

Congratulations! That's some swanky office you got there :sherlock: