1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Oz

Oz Heir to Hogwarts Moderator DLP Supporter

Pretty much the same here, Imariel, lol. Honestly the whole thing was a more positive experience than I expected it to be. I felt pretty awkward at first but she put those fears to rest. <_<

It's not something I'd ever do myself normally, and I don't think I'd go again of my own volition, but it was an interesting experience.

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Prisoner DLP Supporter

He was trying to get you some outside assistance. Tip more. Unless it was Spearmint Rhino's, then perhaps it was for the best.

3. Hawkin

Hawkin Minister of Magic

Not as far as I know. I was lucky to live on first floor, and the fire started on 3rd so most of the smoke/flames went up. Worst I'll have to worry about his water damage to the floor or ceiling. My friend has a big burned hole in his kitchen wall.

4. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Water damage like that can sometimes be worse than the fire. I'm assuming your landlord has released you from whatever contract you're in? The mold hazard can make places uninhabitable.

5. Hawkin

Hawkin Minister of Magic

Haven't really got the chance to hash out the details yet. I grabbed a few essentials and moved to a friend's place for the rest of the week. But thanks for pointing that out, I'll definitely have to check up on that.

6. Koalas

Koalas Dark Lord DLP Supporter

T minus 25 minutes to FBAWTFT.

7. Oz

Oz Heir to Hogwarts Moderator DLP Supporter

Find bitches and watch them finger themselves?

8. Imariel

Imariel Order Member DLP Supporter

Hasn't even been a month yet. Calm your tits lad, Trump has a lot of pussies to grab before you can fondle again. :sherlock:

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Order Member

We had a Thanksgiving potluck at work today.

I am so full that I don't even want to pack up and leave to go home. I just want to sit here and take a nap.

My work is awesome.

10. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Similarly, my office had a Thanksgiving Luncheon today, which was great. My particular favorite was the leadership doing the serving and wearing embarrassing hats.

We should do that more often.

11. silentclock

silentclock Headmaster DLP Supporter

Filled my freezer with venison after a successful hunt this afternoon. Now I've got plenty of meat to last me through the winter.

12. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: Worldbuilders 2016 is underway and this year, among many other splendid prizes, you can bid for me to critique your manuscript. Alongside that, I'm offering two cameos in my upcoming books - a YA fantasy and a Spy/Thriller. Check out Rothfuss' blog for more details:

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2016/11/cameos-and-critiques/

13. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When's book three of Kingkiller coming out Joe?!

14. Solfege

Solfege High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

How much meat is that, incidentally? To last a winter?

15. silentclock

silentclock Headmaster DLP Supporter

Approximately 50 pounds, some of the cuts much better than others. I'll end up grinding a fair bit of it--it's fairly similar to hamburger when ground, only quite a bit leaner and it doesn't lose as much weight when cooking. I try to take a doe every fall and eat on it for months.

16. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Death Eater

Date tonight. Nervous. I'm trying to distract myself until evening but that's not really working well for me. Still three hours to go until I see her and my stomach is a fluttery mess.

It's been a while since I felt this anxious and excited at the same time. I'm close to a point where I'm inventing excuses for why I spilled a drink on her; soon I'll arrive in the phase where I try to come up with safety measures so this won't happen.

Self-fulfilling prophecy? I fucking hope not. Wish me luck, DLP, for I'm quite smitten with that lady, and that's all I need to become a fool.

17. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Good luck on your date and remember if you do spill your drink on her make sure to mop her up. She'll really appreciate it.

18. Palindrome

Palindrome Magma Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

Just wink and say 'I'm just practising getting you wet'.

19. 13thadaption

13thadaption Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Well, I've officially been awake for 48 hours. For reasons. Partially dubious time management. Partially things going tits up on work, back to back 12 hour shifts with only 8 hours in between, 6 without the commute.

Part of the problem was a manpower shortage, lots of people calling in. The other part was mysterious problems with the presses and moulds. I've got a bit of a reputation for being good at troubleshooting the mechanical stuff, which is why the team lead wanted me in particular on that problem. I actually did part of his training once upon a time, when he got promoted and trained on all the things he'd be overseeing. He introduced me to his team as "Her shift calls her a machine, she'll get it up and running." Uh, gratifying. Overconfident, but gratifying. They do actually say that about me, but it has to do being fast and efficient at production, not whatever's going on here.

I totally figured out what was wrong. Inside 20 minutes. Not a mechanical problem at all, one of the prefabricated tubing components was a bit small, a milimeter or two around, and it was screwing with everything. Repuation intact. Passing out imminently.

20. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMNight: My cushy laid back island job isn't as cushy and laid back as I'd hoped. Between bar brawls and a guy nearly bleeding to death from a slashed wrist in the back of my ute as we raced to the airstrip to get him airlifted to the mainland, it's turning out a lot more like my old law enforcement/counterterrorism work. Far too bothersome.

And no amount of power washing gets blood out of beige upholstery.

Bah, it's now 2am, I'm off shift, and I was gonna write for a few hours, but I'm thinking mango mojitos in bed instead.