1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Thank you :)

2. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Congratulations Xandrel I'm glad everything went well for you.

3. Palindrome

Palindrome Magma Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

Wait wait wait - you're gay? The guy who had the rhythmic bouncing boobs avatar for like a year? Those boobs still haunt me. Up and down they went, up and down, neverending...

...Well, now I feel a lot better about being completely hypnotised by them too. :D

4. Andrela

:D well, let's be honest: there's absolutely nothing wrong with boobs. ;)

5. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm with Palindrome here, definitely never saw that coming. The cosplay thread takes on a whole new meaning now!

6. Andrela

Innomine Ah, well, I appreciate all things beautiful, haha. Plus, who doesn't like seeing well-done costumes?

7. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Haha, yeah. Anyway man, I'm really happy for you - that's ones of the best responses you could expect from that conversation.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Today I went snorkeling at Hapuna beach in Hawaii. I spent the better part of two hours floating around looking at all the little rainbow fishes and coral. Wuz real cool.

So, towards the end... I go out a little farther than all the other people. I find this huge drop off over a coral ridge into open ocean. On the other side is this massive wall of coral with thousands of fish and anemones. I look around for about 5 mins. Extra neat stuff.

I finally turn away from the coral wall to swim back and I come face to face with a MOTHAFUCKING SHARK.

Sure, it didn't seem very interested in me, and it was probably just a harmless reef shark snacking on baby fishes and coral and stuff.... but I noped the fuck out of there like you wouldn't believe. I have never swam faster than I did in that moment. I'm talking adrenaline fueled olympic level shit.

So yeah. That was my day so far. Now I'm gunna climb a big ass mountain. Will post awesome pics later.

9. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Given today's track record, keep an eye out for bears.

10. 13thadaption

13thadaption Seventh Year DLP Supporter

As per my new year's resolution, I spent my last night off before I go back to work in a coffee shop writing on my laptop like a total hipster douchenozzle. My normal work schedule doesn't allow much going out during business hours, so you have to imagine me in steel-toed workboots, snakeskin jeggings, a star wars shirt, and a high end hoodie I got off fucking kickstarter. All topped off with a purple headband and sucking back black coffee.

I am that much of a disaster. Also it was actually pretty fun and I need to invest in a truly egregious beanie for occasions like this.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Goddamn. The landscape changes between altitudes on the big island are so fucking jarring. One second you're in a flat lava flow field, the next you're on a rolling moor with giant etheral hills, and then you're in alpine wilderness.

Anyway...new thing of my day: The hundreds of thousands of stars you could see from the stargazing center at Mauna Kea. Sadly, my phone was not OP enough for a picture. Instead, have this kickass sunset I shot from the third highest peak.

[​IMG]

On wednesday I'll have a sweet summit picture.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. Avery

Avery Second Year

High Score:
    TOMD: In contrast to my terrible first opinions of the company, my first day of work was kind of awesome. I spent hours with my senior editor and editorial manager going over the expectations of our department, and a representative from admin took me and the two other new employees around. She personally introduced us to every single person in the company (which makes for an improvement over another company I joined which employed 100x more people and if you didn't personally introduce yourself to every single one, you received cold shoulders). My senior editor was tasked with taking me out to lunch so I'd know some of the places to eat in the area.

Everyone was pretty damn friendly. They also love the asking of questions.

I thought for a while that the girl next to me was starting subtle "I'm your senior by a year" typical asian drama by encroaching on my table space, but it turned out that she genuinely thought for a while that we were sharing an extension line/phone.

There's even casual Fridays.

I was motivated enough to bring work home on my first day.

I'm definitely more optimistic now than I was the day before.

13. Andrela

Hey, guess what :nyan:

14. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Auror DLP Supporter

Update TOMD, re: 3rd daughter

I may have had a rather one-sided fistfight with the biological father of my (kinda) third daughter yesterday, when he came over to drop off the remainder of her belongings.

I don't know what this asshole envisioned his day was going to be like when he woke up in the morning, but I'm betting walking into my house and calling my daughters (and his ex-daughter) whores, taking a swing at someone 100 pounds heavier than you, and summarily being beaten near unconsciousness while having all your shortcomings pointed out to you didn't factor in. Mrs. Seattle eventually got me to stop by pointing out I was going to be cleaning my carpet later myself if I got anymore blood on it. Probably not my finest hour, but I was PISSED.

I just don't get people sometimes. Not only do these people completely cut a kid out of their lives, they have the audacity to be pissed when someone cares enough to take them in, thus throwing a wrench in their plans to ruin their own flesh and blood's life. Fuck them with a cactus.

15. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Whatever did cacti do to you to deserve such a fate? They live (of sorts), you know.

16. KGB

KGB Unspeakable

Yesterday, overnight, we got a foot of snow. During the day all of it melted. Got up this morning at 4 am to take some people to the airport and was met with another foot of snow and what could be described as a minor blizzard.

I fucking hate global warming.

17. Invictus

Invictus Heir

If I would tell you from my vast, vast inexistent life experience, I would say it's because, deep down, they know they are shit parents. They might try to disguise at their 'freak' child or the people who reminded them of this little fact, but it ain't natural throwing out your kid.

I'm more worried about her biological siblings though, and her relationship with them. Hope they aren't treating her like them.

18. Garden

Garden Minister of Magic

Because they were hoping to leave their daughter in a shitty situation, so that they'd have more leverage over her to 'fix' or manipulate her. When someone like you comes along, willing to help someone with no strings attached...it shatters their attempts at manipulation.

19. Avery

Avery Second Year

High Score:
    TOMD: It's day two and office politics has begun. Pretty sure my direct senior (same rank as me, been with the company for a year longer than me) is subtly sabotaging me. Work ends at 5pm and I leave at 5.30pm to avoid the jam home. Mentioned this to my manager who asked me and she told me to "try leaving at 6.45pm instead tomorrow" since there's no jam at that time. So that's basically coded talk for: leave work late.

I asked my direct senior if there was a company culture of working late. She said no and added that our manager once told her to leave at 5pm to avoid the jam.

Man, directly at 5pm? That's vicious. I mean, she leaves at 7-8pm.

I'm so sad. I wanted a drama-free workplace. We even bonded over Pusheen. Now I have to pretend I'm bonding intensely with her while passive aggressively staying back late and trying to outdo her at work. Got to up my editing speed too.

20. Palindrome

Palindrome Magma Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

From an ignorant British perspective: why? Fuck that.