1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Invictus

Invictus Heir

Disgusting. And here I am, still dreaming to find a decent Harry/Best Sphinx fic.

2. Palindrome

Palindrome Magma Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

The correct answer is 'provide links'. ;)

3. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Auror

4. BTT

BTT Order Member

I know there was one, though. I remember it being on DLP, too. Don't feel like looking it up, but there you have it.

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

That's just bad. Not the kind of bad Minion is fond of linking - that's so bad it's kind of funny. This is just 4932 different clich├ęs in the first half a chapter-bad.

Not that I was expecting anything else, but that just struck me.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There was a soapbox speaker on the campus lawn today preaching that Donald Trump was Nero reborn. As the reincarnation of Nero, often prophesized to be the one true antichrist, he would soon resume his ancient campaign of murdering christians (mexicans) in the guise of public works (the wall).

I'm always impressed when something that innately crazy pops out of the left.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  7. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

People were saying the same thing about Obama when he was in office. I think the message to be learned here is that politicians do the devil's work.

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Minister of Magic

Well, you know...

9. Nazgus

Nazgus Death Eater

Just drove for fifteen hours and have work in seven. Please excuse me as I pass the fuck out.

10. Atlas

Atlas Squib

High Score:
    To satisfy my morbid curiousity, whats the link?

11. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Auror

12. Miner

Miner Groundskeeper

TOMD:

Chinese amusement park.

I really would've rather went to the water park, because I'm not super big on roller coasters or whatever other insanely stupid thing there is. But, you know, whatever, relatives were paying and wanted to go.

I walk in, first thing I see is a coaster that's doing a 90 degree straight drop from about 1000 feet up.

Nope. Just nope.

Pretty sure I got hazed in Chinese a lot, but at least I don't understand Chinese slang so it's not a big loss. Went on some (less crazy) rides, had fun, whatever.

Anyways, we're about to leave the park, and since my stomach is empty and I'm not worried about puking all over the place after I get off, I'm like "Hey why don't we try that big scary ride?"

Turns out, they're just as much of a pussy as I am. Cue English hazing :D.

Side note: Women in China dress a lot less conservatively than I would expect given the representation of women in the media here.

Side note 2: I saw someone wearing 8 inch heels in the park. I was flabbergasted.

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

TOMD: Property deal I talked about in the expense thread fell though. We had our number, the seller had theirs. Someone else came in and offered far above the seller's number. I feel sorry for that person. This thing had a type of foundation problem our engineer had never seen before. There is no conceivable way for them to make money on this acquisition.

In case any of you are interested in real estate investment: The numbers are the numbers, they either work or they don't. If they don't work; don't buy.

14. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

TOMD:
    Turned 26. Birthdays have never been big in my family, but my wife's family feels differently and this was a surprisingly pleasant day.

Wife woke me up quite thoughtfully ;) and then brought me breakfast in bed. Cards from in-laws, grand-in-laws, and sister-in-law. Wife got me 7 wonders duel, which was surprisingly fun.

Ate at Texas de Brazil and saw Baby Driver. Bought myself some Superlux HD668B headphones.

Today was a good day.

15. Nazgus

Nazgus Death Eater

I'd wish you a happy birthday, but it seems you've already accomplished that! May the next one be equally great!

16. why?

why? First Year

High Score:
    Damn Churchey, sounds like a great birthday!

---

Been chilling for the past few weeks. A lot less stressed out since I left uni. Been meditating almost daily and cooking often. About to go bake a pizza from scratch in my underwear.

Still anxious about what I'm gonna do next, but it's not driving me crazy, which is a nice change. So is not waking up screaming and covered in sweat every other night. Think I'm finally not depressed anymore, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, gift horses and mouths. I'm grateful. :)

17. Legacy

Legacy Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Late reply I know but work has been eating up my time. I just ended up picking up a simple Henkles soft case, 7-slot piece. The one thing I would recommend if you want to get a case is that with quite a few of them you will still need to go and buy sleeves for the knives. Some of the higher end hard-cases will come with individual protectors for the knives inside the case but those are a little expensive. Knife sleeves are another one of those things you can have fun with and be fancy so most people don't complain.

18. Teyrn

Teyrn Groundskeeper

TomD: I have to RMA yet another Corsair product, my keyboard this time. Third time I'll be RMA'ing one of their products.

This time all that's wrong is the keyboard has got LED's dying on it, but still.

I swear, if the keyboard they send back needs to be RMA'd I'm done with Corsair.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

TOMD: Talked a friend out of suicide, and into checking himself into a mental health center this morning bringing my all time record to 9 for 9.

Going to be really sad when my streak ends.

20. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Managed to catch Monophonics and LP in a concert yesterday. Suitably entertained by both, but LP really fucking impressed me. There's a quality to that woman's voice that doesn't really come through on videos and such. She's a very talented artist. Watching her perform was a treat.

PS:It was funny as fuck to watch Monophonics practically swim in their sweat, drenched head to toe at the fucking disgusting heat at 11 in the evening, I have to say. Never cease to amaze me, Athens.