1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

The benevolent is optional, I would assume.

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Ban(ned) Arthellion

High Score:
    Hah!
    @Darth_Revan @Oment
    Its not as absurd as it sounds.

Last semester that administration botched several funding requests. One of which was the ROTC ball.

I had several Cadets offering to support me with a military coup...

3. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Is April Fools within the election period? :sherlock:

4. Arthellion

Arthellion Ban(ned) Arthellion

High Score:
    Alas results are March 28th.

That would have been brilliant though

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

4th day in a row of no work. Monday was a bit of a surprise. I got up as normal, made my lunch and was ready to go when my boss calls and said work is no power. Apparently, last Friday's storm was worse than I thought in some areas (and I already knew some of my friends had no power and trees down). And some people are still without power from that storm. No biggie, boss says power company will be working on power that night. Well, Tuesday comes, and still not power at work. Again, I'm told right as I'm about to leave. Annoying, but better than being halfway there, I suppose. And my commute is an hour.

Wednesday comes along, boss tells me that power is back up. I essentially laugh at him, because there's already a shit ton of snow on the ground from the snow, with a prediction of 12-14 inches. I'm not driving an hour to work and risking my car in that shit, plus the trip home, even if I left at noon, would be beyond stupid. And I was right, since noon rolled around and there was probably 4-5 inches on my car, and I bet if I stayed until closing, there would be a foot.

Thursday rolls around, and it's like a warzone out there. Work is without power again, and the roads are a complete mess. So essentially, I missed an entire work week, since my work only works 4 days. Fucking great, minus the whole missed wages thing, which sucks. And then there's the shit going on with my dad.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: Finished the new job training with a positive assessment (passed both tests they required on first try, not that they were difficult, but nice to have that) and I'm starting on Monday. Hours are flexible, which means I get to keep the teaching job. Btw, I have more regular hours at the school, so I'm also gonna see a slight bump in money there. No more college stress, and I'm a few kilograms down since New Year's. About to sit down for pizza and beer with flatmates. Life is pretty good right now.

7. Nevermind

Nevermind Seventh Year

High Score:
    TOMD: Finally checked the DiRT4 World Championship leaderboard for Hell, my best track. Ended up in the 110s on PS4. Was happy with my run after a long absence from the game but I feel like I could have gone higher with more practice and without a slight mistake in lapping the egregiously slow AI. Still a good payday in terms of credits, though.

8. Miner

Miner High Inquisitor

Going to be heading to Toronto with a couple friends for a couple days on the 13th. Any food/places to visit that anyone in the area would recommend?

9. Anarchy

Anarchy Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

fuck cancer. i don't know what else to say

10. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I haven't commented yet because honestly I'm just not good with putting it into words that others couldn't already do better, Anarchy, but you've got my sympathies for what you and your family is going through. We're always here for you if you need somewhere to vent.

11. pbluekan

pbluekan High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

There isn’t much else, mate. I know exactly what you’re going through and the only thing I can say, is to spend time with your pops. No matter what, you’ll be better for it.

12. Oruma

Oruma Unspeakable

TOMD: just woke from a super f-up dream.
    Starring Kristen Bell as Eva Braun, James Marsters as a Nazi-killing Spike-expulsion vampire, and Brad Pitt in a stage production that ends with Pitt giving Marsters fellatio on stage.
    :confused::confused::confused:
    Now, for my emergency brain bleach...

13. CareOtters

CareOtters Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've just bought a proper bookshelf after migrating across solely to ebooks since going to uni ~8 years ago. Pretty genuinely excited to stock it, although the thought of how much I'm going to spend rebuying books I already own is a little scary.

14. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just get some cheap copies from second hand shops. I found all my favorites for 25 c/book, which considering the price I've paid for some, its kinda nice.

They dont' need to be pristine. Unless you're looking for collectors copies or something, so I wouldn't pay anywhere close to MSRP for what you have digital already. Stops you from being a pretentious faggot with bookshelves full of new books as well.

Nothing worse going into a house and its full of bookshelves of new books.

15. Miner

Miner High Inquisitor

Rest in peace, Stephen Hawking.

You were...

An inspiration.

16. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

17. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

My nan's back in hospital again, but not due to a fall this time.

Instead, she got confused, and ODed on a mix of pills she was on from last time she was in hospital. But the hospital really doesn't seem to be doing anything good for the dementia (if that's what it is), and she seems more... hollow each time we visit. But with the amount of care she needs, she has to be in a hospital or a home, and she's threatened suicide if she goes in a home.

And then she re-surfaces for a few minutes, and she's back to the (mildly racist) generous person I've always remembered.

It's just a bit crappy, really.

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

All these old people trying to avoid actually seeing the Brexit they voted for, smh.

19. The Waco Kid

The Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Haven't been there yet, but let me know what you like. Am planning on heading up there for a weekend in the fall

20. Miner

Miner High Inquisitor

Legit just walked around the food districts and gorged myself.

Oh and visited some of the famous sights. Actually about to head up the CN tower now.

Pretty fun trip, and the best part was I didn't even spend that much.