ahhhh don't use windows 7 either it stops getting security upgrades in less than a year! :v: But yes, you absolutely can use an SD card as an "extra drive"! It should just appear by default as your D: or E: drive, at which point you can install applications and store data on there. For example, a great way of saving space is to right click on "Desktop" "Documents" and "Downloads", go to properties, go to Location, and then move the location to your new drive. Also, for all that it has a bad rep for some frankly appalling sec fuckups, CC cleaner isn't half bad about cleaning up space. For chrome, discord, skype and the like I'd stick with keeping them installed on C. Unless they offer a "portable" installer option, it's best to keep them in program files or program files (x86). I know that Chrome doesn't let you install it to non-boot drive, and I'm sure the same is true for Skype. 100% agree with you that manufacturers shouldn't be selling laptops with 32gig drives for windows machines though. That price range and usecase is served better with a chromebook 90% of the time, and the other 10% of the time you run into issues exactly like the ones you're facing now. That's a problem with OEMs though, not Microsoft, and certainly not patching or system updates.