1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

What the fuck guys.

2. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

TOMD: Didn't get done with work until 10:50pm, but I'd promised myself I wouldn't miss another gym day all summer so I went for a jog around campus and then hit the gym for my set of lifts.

Fucking exhausted, but I did it. Let's hope I keep this determination all the way through.

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: Exam's over. I'm certain I did well in speaking, reading, and listening. Time screwed me over in writing because 90 minutes is actually not enough to craft two separate essays for a combined 600 words. Clock ran out on me when I had the last paragraph on the second one to finish, hopefully this doesn't fuck me over because I would fucking hate to have spent all this money only to fail because I didn't have 10 more minutes.

Now going to see Jurasic Park because my bus leaves in 3 hours and the Deadpool 2 showing was too late. Let's hope it's less dumb than JW.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. CareOtters

CareOtters Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

TOMD: New book was delivered. I unpackaged it and went to put it on my shelf. But something went wrong, and I ended up putting it in the fridge instead. I was staring at it in confusion, knowing that something was wrong but unable to see what. And then it clicked. It wasn't with the rest of the series. So I went to my bookshelf, got the other two books in that series, went back to the fridge, and only then, opening the door to display the book standing next to a fucking cabbage, did I realise what I was doing.

So long story short, I'll be heading to the vet tomorrow to have myself put to sleep.

5. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Headmaster

Holy shit, my beautiful day is ruined! I just found out that my birthday is on the same date as Trump's. My theatrical scream of Noooo was probably heard in a radius of miles.

6. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Better than Hitler's?

7. Paradise

Paradise Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Aprl 20th is just a bad day. Columbine, deepwater horizon explosion. Tons of nasty shit.

8. Arthellion

Arthellion Ban(ned) Arthellion

High Score:
    It's also...420.

9. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros.

Realized today that I've been a member of DLP for over 8 years, and have been aware of its existence for over a decade. Decided to buy myself a nifty Gold Supporter badge to commemorate.

10. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: Been trying to track down the name of this pattern - I want some awesome teacups of same design. Anyone got any leads?

[​IMG]

11. Teyrn

Teyrn Professor

TomD: Found two lumps on the dog. Am now worried and debating whether to wait for Monday or get her in to the vet as an emergency case.

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Joe - Floral?

13. walkjj

walkjj First Year

Hi Teryn if they are just small lumps and your dog is otherwise well, making an appointment for Monday would likely be fine. If you want to upload a photo I can take a look - vet

14. Damy

Damy Squib

@Joe

Do you have a pic of the underside of the plate? Most patterned plates, particularly hand painted ones, have the name of the set/ painter written there. Otherwise the easiest way to find out where they came from would be to 1) find a book on porcelain sets from whatever country its from (if you know) 2) take it to an auction house specializing in antiques/ decor (for me they've always managed to track down this kind of stuff after a while, but Finland is quite small which might have helped).

15. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Unspeakable

TOMD: Bought the new version of Omnifocus for iOS. It's a task/project management app which I've managed to configure just right. If nothing else, this is going to fucking doom me to remaining on iOS/macOS forever, I think: I can't live without it now. Platform lock-in sucks.

16. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The style appears English, some sort of variation of the Autumn Leaf pattern. Is that gold or platinum edging? Is there a maker's mark on the bottom?

Without knowing the manufacturer, it's hard to pinpoint, but here's a Queen Anne Autumn Leaf piece for rough comparison:

[​IMG]

17. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

Arrived in Washington, D.C. today for my three month internship. Then spent 12 hours squatting in the airport because I took the cheapest possible flight which arrived the night before my move in.

18. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  19. Palindrome

Palindrome A bigger, darker mark Moderator DLP Supporter

-Joe posts oddly specific request about teacups- Hahah that's weirdly optimistic...
    -Request is answered within the next few posts and exact brand is found-

You guys are nuts.

20. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They also gave medical advice in a post above that. We're a motley bunch. For pets anyway.