1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

TOMD: Got up at 5am to drive to the furthest corner of the state for an event because I needed to see someone for a face to face meeting. This election cannot come quickly enough. On the plus side, my drive way beautiful to an almost otherworldly degree.

2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: pondering the point of Amazon Prime if not to send wire coat hangers to GOP members of the Senate.

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Auror

TOMD: I received 97.5% for a law essay. This one had stressed me out a fair bit, but I had ended up happy with what I handed in - expecting a fairly good mark, but nothing to write home about.

What's more, the lecturer clearly cared a lot about the topic, and wrote a long comment disagreeing with my interpretations, but that I had been "persuasive...precise, and even elegant."

This is the happiest I've ever been about my academic work.

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Death Eater

My SO is a month sober today.

I am so proud of him. Especially as many of his good friends are worse alcoholics than he was.

5. Microwave

Microwave Fourth Year

That's great! I'm glad it's all worked out for the two of you C:

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

TOM(last)Week: Went for a general checkup, which is something I haven't ever done before. Had bloods done, the works. Apart from everything being fine (apart from my weight obviously, which is steadily coming down), I found out I'm 6' tall, not 5'11". Free BMI gainz.

7. FriedIce

FriedIce Seventh Year

My AirBnB refused to check me in last night, as I was slightly (15m) late, leaving me homeless in a foreign city at 8:15pm. Had to beg someone I knew from primary school to let me sleep on their couch, then travel 45m outside of the city to get there.

8. Legacy

Legacy Unspeakable DLP Supporter

It's not exactly a proud set of moments in our history. We acknowledge it from time to time in the media and we cover it all in our high school history lessons. Except for the rampant anti-Semitism, that one still rarely gets talked about. I would not have been aware of it if it wasnt for several close family friends being Jewish and willing to explain.

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

What cunts. At least you can rag them on the ratings?

10. Teyrn

Teyrn Professor

So, I'm this close to giving in and spending 850$~ to upgrade my pc to latest gen cpu/ram/etc.

11. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't you just upgrade your pc?

12. Teyrn

Teyrn Professor

No, the parts I was looking at never came into stock at the store. =/

Then earlier today I found out my dad's computer is officially better than mine now (he finally upgraded his video card, which is the only area I beat him), and I got looking again.

Edit: You may be thinking of the post I made a while back about me trying to troubleshoot my dad's new computer.

13. Fardeki

Fardeki Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Fidget spinners are fucking dangerous. Especially when sleeping at a mates house and playing on his monitor. I would upload photos except I am on my phone so I'll do later.

14. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Did you fuck his monitor up with a fidget spinner? I didn't think those were still a thing.
    Most likely. It all blends together anymore.

15. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    I saw some people praising a Netflix show, The Good Place. It was supposed to be very funny and witty and with a killer twist at the end of the season.

I watched 5 hours of a silly sitcom that didn't prompt even a chuckle from me. At the very least, even a mediocre sitcom should be funny every once in a while. It's fucking boring. The twist, as twists go, was good, but it's a twist on a boring show that seems to be about a whole lotta nothing. What is it about? Self-improvement? Moral philosophy? Zero multiplied by a good twist equals zero.

Fucking hell, fuck whoever claims to derive enjoyment from this borefest, fuck people who recommend this show, and fuck me for believing them.

HMM
  16. Quiddity

Quiddity Auror

Heh. The Good Place is a great show. I went in knowing the twist, which I think helped in watching the first season, but I was loving it by the fifth episode. I love the speed at which it upsets the status quo, it doesn't try to wallow in any particular setting. That's particularly evident in the first two episodes of season 2.

But if it's not you, then it's not you.

17. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

TOMD: Bought a new table saw. The old one was kind of dangerous. Really should have just bought a large non-portable one instead of the best portable one I could find, but I don't really have the space for one of those in my shop.

18. Nevermind

Nevermind Seventh Year

High Score:
    TOMD: Thought I‘d found a name for an OC, only to google it and find out it already exists in a rather popular TV show. One that I watched, actually.

I feel slightly embarrassed.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD: S2 of American Vandal is out. Time to binge.

edit:
    They delivered.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: Signied a contract with my new set of lords and masters (new contractors for my employer) and, upon reading the fine print, realize that I'm being compelled to give up shit-tons more of my intellectual property rights. I have to divest holdings in a side company I helped found and, according to my reading of the text (my sib-in-law lawyer is verifying), can't even write anymore without prior approval, fanfiction or otherwise.

Thinking of deleting my ffn account.