1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No. Fuck them. They had one fucking job. You just did what you thought you were supposed to be doing. The next time you call in you start asking for a manager, and if they refuse to give you one. You start calling them names until they put you on the line with the manager just so you shut up, and then you tell them how fucking incompetent they are.

Because they had one. fucking. job.

I hate when people can't do their fucking jobs right. I get that people suffer from an abundance of apathy and don't care enough to provide correct services to people, but jesus fuck, just do the bare minimum of what your job requires with some level of competence so shit like this doesn't happen. At that point I stop caring if people don't get paid enough, or whatever else other bullshit excuse they give to make up for their own failings.

Just do what the fuck I ask.

/end rant.

I have a long standing hatred for useless people in customer service. I've been on the wrong side of shitty service way too many times for the color of my skin, the way I look or dress, and other shit way too many times to let something like that slide.

So, start with the hospital. Have them contact the company that charged you and have them fix it. Then contact your insurance and tell them how you had to do their job for them.

2. Nazgus

Nazgus Minister of Magic

Decided to take their advice and take it up with my bank, though I don't think they had me disputing the transaction in mind when they said that. As the claims agent put it, I received no benefit from the transaction since it went to the wrong person so I have good grounds to get my money back. I find it hilarious that Wells Fargo of all places is the guy in my corner here...

I'm also going to take you up on your suggestion though. I took a look at the grievance submission form since that seems to be to dispute claim decisions. I'm pretty sure I'll get drowned out there and be given the runaround for at least a few months if I go through there. Will call back after class and climb up the ladder until I get to someone who can actually address this.

3. CareOtters

CareOtters Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

It's likely that she was telling the truth - everything is done through rigid computer systems these days which only allow certain things to be done in a certain way and don't allow for the most basic of common sense approaches to handling a situation to be used.

But.

1) They have broken their duty of care and given you incorrect advice
    2) Caused you material inconvenience, i.e. a literal financial loss
    3) Needed you to make multiple contacts to resolve the issue

All of which were wholly unnecessary. I have no idea how these things are regulated in the USA (memes heavily suggest that they are not) but in the UK all of these are criteria for a complaint to be considered justified by the Financial Ombudsman who regulates these things for insurance. Being mean to the dumb eighteen-year old earning minimum wage on the other end pf the phone won't accomplish much, but if you file your grievance and refuse to shut it down, they should shunt you through to their complaints team comprised of more experienced staff members who actually do have the authority and ability to do something to help you.

Source: the customer service department for the company I work for is full of useless twats who pull shit like this and are almost as unpleasant to deal with as the customers.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. Zombie

High Score:
    Yeah, I'll be belligerent as fuck until they get me someone other than who is answering the phone. That's the whole point, and its somewhat therapeutic to just unload on them.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Dude started about the globalists, Soros, and the media controlled by you know who while waving conspiracy book around. I told him "You should just say Jews. A dog whistle is only good if only dogs can hear it."

He was not amused, and attempted physical intimidation. I say attempted because he stopped pretty soon after he realized that I was much bigger, and that his current life choices were about to get him very poor results.

He is now banned from the store where this happened. I was encouraged to file a police report, but have no plans to do so. The headache of getting him a misdemeanor battery conviction isn't worth it.

6. Zombie

High Score:
    If you see him again ask about his mother and if she's walking okay.

7. Imariel

Imariel Death Eater DLP Supporter

To be fair, Voldemort took a fairly active approach to censorship.

8. Nazgus

Nazgus Minister of Magic

Called in and decided to just file the grievance. It's gonna take 45 days to process apparently, but I just got a massive load of work dumped on my lap and can't really spare the time or energy to yell at people until they get me to someone who can actually do anything.

I'll reconsider if Wells Fargo can't get my money back, but they seemed confident so I'll leave that in their hands for now.

9. Teyrn

Teyrn Professor

My foot has been all fucked up for the past 3~ days. It's the third or fourth time now. Near as I can figure I'm twisting it in my sleep or something.

I am at the point where I am very much tempted to go the peg-leg route.

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Another, quite quick, avenue that sometimes shows results is to tweet at the CEO/VP of the company, or leave a long and pointed voicemail on the CEO/VP's advertised phone number. Sometimes, not always but sometimes, this gets seen if not by the CEO/VP then by an executive assistant who can actually push shit around and get it sorted in the hopes of some good publicity.

11. Innomine

Innomine Order Member Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And this is what they rely on. Just make it hard enough to dispute, so that people don't have the time/energy to follow it up. I'm not saying you should change what you do, it's just a great underhanded tactic to make problems like this go away. :/

12. Rehio

Rehio Heir DLP Supporter

Oh God preceptorship has started abruptly.

We have a range of this entire month to get our time done, starting Saturday. Turns out my nurse has a very narrow window of when she's working. We have the whole month, but I've gotta go from no experience to doing three 12-hour shifts this weekend.

I'm gonna die.

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

You've already shown when you put your mind to something you get it fucking done. This week might fucking suck but I've no doubt you'll smash it.

14. Nazgus

Nazgus Minister of Magic

TOMD: Had to do a temporary unfreeze of credit with TransUnion, and the website wouldn't let me log in. Which is weird, because I use a password manager so I literally can't be wrong about my password.

Reached out to the website support team, but turns out they have the wrong fucking phone number on their website. We're already off to a great start here. Good news though, it led instead to general customer service, where they could do the unfreeze for me, so I got that in.

Got the actual phone number for website support from them, and gave them a call. Turns out they split their credit monitoring service from their freeze/unfreeze service, and I only have an account for the first one. If I want to mange freezes online, I have to make a new account. On the same website. To make it all even better: it can't have the same username. Meaning it's all definitely being stored on the same database, else why the need for no conflicts?

Best part? I don't even have their credit monitoring service. That's right. They split their website functionality in two, and made everyone's current accounts into credit monitoring accounts, even if you don't have that. So for the vast majority of people who just want control over who can get their credit and when, we have to make new accounts, with different usernames.

... I'm gaining so much faith in this country's services this week...

15. Palindrome

Palindrome A bigger, darker mark Moderator DLP Supporter

Oh what the fuck. This actually makes me angry.

You gotta love when companies are that incompetent. Happened to me once with a coach service: I was travelling with a friend in a wheelchair, so all I needed was for the coach company to understand that we needed the access ramp. Simple, right? So, three days before the trip I ring them using the website details: it's a dead number. Track down actual number through customer services. Ring new number. The girl who answered was the most unprofessional person I've ever heard on the phone.

*phone connects*
    Her: -silence-
    Me: Er... Hello?
    Her: what?
    Me: Is this <coach service>?
    Her: *MASSIVE 12PM YAWN* mm-hmm
    Me: ...Right. <explains details of what I need>
    Her: *more yawning*

So she says she'll do it and update the trip details. A day later I ring again because I don't fucking trust this girl. Turns out she hadn't done jack shit, so the other much more helpful person I talk to does it. All good! Then we try to get on the coach and the driver hasn't been told about anything. I had to carry my friend in.

16. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

TOMD: Good old 'it was not my intention' arguments being dropped left, right, and centre in a community I'm a prominent member of.

It's taking all of my effort to not flame the everlasting shit out of people.

17. Rehio

Rehio Heir DLP Supporter

Hung 2 IV bags, 2 blood transfusions, 1 platelet transfusion, helped access a patient's port, helped a guy with getting a wound redressed, all while assessing and charting on my main patient who was getting discharged.

Day one complete.

Round two starts in 11 hours.

18. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    TOMD: A £35 bottle of thai oil decided to leak all inside my kit bag, coating everything. Not only did I have to clean/wash everything, but I'm now down a large bottle of something that you have to ship over from thailand, and my entire flat now smells of the stuff.

[​IMG]

This, but 450ml of it. Smells like eucalyptus and menthol, supposedly - to me, it's just the smell of the gym. Incredibly distinctive, and hard to get out of things...

>_<

19. Paladin

Paladin Third Year

High Score:
    Store manager at my second job tried to get me to go in on my day off tomorrow, which is a Sunday, for a full seven hours. I put my phone on do not disturb mode and texted him "Sorry, no."

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Headmaster

Part one of my vacation complete. Here are some photos of me nerding it up at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

http://imgur.com/a/vwfeBuT

Highly recommended, the gringotts ride is a blast, the one at hogwarts is pretty good but it's super stomach upsetting. However, while you wait in line you get to wander hogwarts and listen to the founders in portraits (Slytherin is a dick).

Now on to part TWO of our vacation. Currently on the bus to Miami to hop on a plane to Curaçao for the week. Time to go hit up all the airport lounges due to the priority pass as we wait for our flight for the next five hours.