1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Headmaster

Don't like it together. More a cuddly, love you all vibe than a let's get it on one. Maybe I never tried hard enough but I thought that was a common thing.

2. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Molly is a great drug to have sex on.

Disclaimer: Don't do drugs. Drugs are bad, mkay.

3. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Groundskeeper

Awoke this morning (noon) to a bulldog statue at the foot of my bed. Seems like last night my friends and I may or may not have thought it was funny to steal the prized mascot of a local footy club. A heist we may or may not have left evidence pointing towards their hated rival team from the other side of town. 7D860276-5E58-461A-AAA5-EB4F21DFE481.jpeg

4. Dystopian Destiny

Dystopian Destiny Fourth Year

Read approx. 400,000 words in 24hrs. Looking back, it all seems like a dream.

5. Collinsworth

Collinsworth Second Year

High Score:
    Last time I've had sex on molly, I had the brilliant idea of dropping some ephedrine pills beforehand. I don't really understand how I am still alive, but I remember feeling like a raging buffalo spitting napalm and love.

6. Legacy

Legacy Order Member DLP Supporter

I'm genuinely trying to figure out how you got that visual in your head. Just stick with shrooms, they've always seemed safer for having a good time.

Unless you have them on a farm with a swamp near by. Dont do them then, that shit was terrifying.

7. Collinsworth

Collinsworth Second Year

High Score:
    You see, the first clue was that in the next day I felt like bullshit.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  8. FriedIce

FriedIce Seventh Year

Colleague completely (potentially wilfully) misinterpreted my ‘this idea won’t fix the problem because it’s not deliverable’ as ‘why bother fixing the problem’ and then told my boss’ boss that my team were hostile and unhelpful re: the task she gave us.

I spent most of today buying time to come up with a plan/calm down. Tomorrow I get to sort this shit out. Depending on how much I calm down overnight this will either start with a frank discussion of ‘just because your pet idea is shit and undeliverable does not mean you get to bad mouth me to my boss’s boss for trying my hardest to kill it’ or ‘let’s get some extra members in this working group and work collaboratively to find a solution that works for everyone, including the people who will have to deliver it’.

9. Palindrome

Palindrome A bigger, darker mark Moderator DLP Supporter

That's infuriating. On the other hand, when it comes to light that she can't handle her idea being put down, her credibility is going to be shot. Nobody trusts the person who goes over everybody's heads unnecessarily.

I don't think you should scramble to compromise or come up with a better idea - just prove your point. Prepare a bullet-point list of exactly why the idea can't work. Keep your cool when confronted - there's nothing more satisfying than shutting down this kind of bullshit immediately.

10. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Headmaster

The secret trick to dealing with recalcitrant PMs or shitty team leaders who send bullshit feedback is to be in the right.

And also escalate to a director or VP in your reporting chain who'll shut that shit down as unprofessional in the extreme.

11. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Document. Everything.

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Headmaster

Dude, I totally understand.

Yesterday, I had to talk to my boss as she thought I was dropping the ball on some tasks (when in reality they wished for me to read their minds, and apparently I read them wrong).

She told me: "If you aren't stressed out and don't have at least ten hours of work on your plate, you aren't trying hard enough."

Yeah... Fuck that shit.

13. CareOtters

CareOtters Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

Nobody gives a fuck about the volume of work you do. They just care about the emotional state the work puts you in. They demand 150% of your ability whether you're a high performer or a nasal-crayoned mouthbreather, which is why dumb fucks can get away with doing fuck all so long as they're sufficiently messy about it but a clear achievement of actual objectives goes unnoticed unless people see you struggling. Which rather defeats the point.

#BUSINESS

Corporate culture is the worst kind of poison.

Other news: internet is up and running in my new house and I ordered a cheap skanky laptop for writing on since the old one is dead. May quite possibly do a FANFICTION sometime soon.

14. Anarchy

Anarchy Totally Sirius DLP Supporter

My Clutch chair came in today. Been waiting pretty much the whole year for the black friday sale to happen since they were about $100 off. It's super comfortable. No regrets.

15. Teyrn

Teyrn Professor

So I decided to use the last of my bandwidth for the month of November to download Black Ops 4. Apparently even though I'm supposed to get 50 mbps download speed, it was only downloading at 7 mbps.

I think I'll be trying to contact the ISP soon.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    A customer actually called me a jobsworth today. I didn't think that was something people actually said outside bad sitcoms from before I was born.

17. Nevermind

Nevermind Seventh Year

High Score:
    TOMD: As of this week, I’m Nevermind, M.A., which is nice. Will have to wait for my final grade until my certificate arrives but, while not outstanding, it should still be pretty good.

Certainly better than what my pessimistic self expected a year ago.

18. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Headmaster

Tripled my internet speed to 1.5gb down and saved $50 a month doing so. God bless hopping between ISP competitors.

19. Teyrn

Teyrn Professor

I'm jealous. There's one fiber line coming to where I live, so for high speed it's basically a monopoly.

20. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Headmaster

What does that mean? I can't tell if it's a combination of job and worthy or if a sworth is some kind of eldritch abomination and they were calling you a bad employee.