1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Headmaster DLP Supporter

It would be one thing if that's what it was, yeah. This was a PM in which he said he'd "love to come up to (my town) and show me what people like him do to people like me before they get rid of them." Seeing as I don't really have any indication on my profile where I live if you're not friends with me, this seems a bit over the line of 'shit talking' and closer to stalking with intent.

I realize it's actually pretty easy to dig up stuff on people these days. Frankly, I don't really give a fuck. You want to make threats against me? I mean, I've dealt with worse things I guess, but if you're talking about coming to where I live then that starts to involve my family too. A tad beyond the "regular part of life" for my tastes, and not something I'm going to put up with.

You're right @Perspicacity - off to HR with it I think.

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Since this is a clear case of "bad either way", no, I disagree with ignoring even death threats that aren't meant as such. Including and especially in social media.

Consider: What kind of person even gets the idea of writing a death threat? And the answer leads you to the conclusion that such persons deserve everything they get. (Either they are dangerous, insane, or stupid -- "bad either way".) The only relevant consideration here is your own perspective, so if you can get him fired without retaliation by him or the company, go nuts.

3. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're taking him seriously, keep in mind that getting him fired won't solve your problem, and may actually exacerbate it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    TOMD: Busy not getting paid. Woooooo.

4. Innomine

Innomine Death Eater Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do you get backpay for the time you work unpaid once the gov is funded?

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

6. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As Oment linked, fortunately yes, provided that bill gets signed. In the meantime I just get to stew.

7. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    We always have received back-pay in the past. (I'm fortunate in not getting caught up in it this time around.)

One wonders about those seven in the House who voted that people shouldn't get backpay for work they put in when Congress failed to pass a budget for that portion of the government. I mean, really?

8. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Their business acumen is as sharp as Trumps I guess would be the logic behind that.

9. CareOtters

CareOtters Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

TOMD: Cereal shenanigans. Two of my housemates are brothers who constantly rib each other about how much food they eat, each accusing the other of being the greediest. They've also recently started buying cereal - finding, to horror and dismay, that before they can have their second bowl it's all been eaten except a few paltry grains at the bottom of the box which has been left on the shelf in a most inconsiderate manner. Both of them have blamed the other for it this whole time.

It was me.

I'm not even eating the cereal. I've been putting it in ziplock bags to keep it fresh and hoarding it. We're now about eight boxes into this charade, and one of them is out tonight so I've taken one of his pillowcases and swapped out the pillow for all the bags of cereal. He's going to stagger home, flop drunkenly into bed, and.... crunch.

10. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

I'm going to leave the bad cereal puns for someone else and request an update to this story tomorrow (if possible).

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    This is great and horrifying. You devil. You brilliant bastard. You abhorrent cereal thief demon.

12. Legacy

Legacy Order Member DLP Supporter

The restaurant across the street from us got a review in the newspaper today. I think we pissed off the critic since they spent more time taking shots at us than they did review our competition. Staff is confused and weirdly entertained to say the least.

The chef took it home to have framed.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

After tonight he'll be a cereal killer.

14. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Headmaster

TOMW: Spent the last two days modding Skyrim again since I'm off at work for a bit and have time to kill. 460 mods and a good 16 hours spent modding the game and it's gorgeous, glorious, and minimally crash-y! Now to play for six hours and get bored and do something else.

15. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Headmaster DLP Supporter

Probably installed 500 different mods over the years. Still never finished the game, and never even looked up how it ends.

16. Arthellion

Arthellion The Chosen One

High Score:
    upload_2019-1-13_23-50-33.jpeg

upload_2019-1-13_23-51-17.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-13_23-52-17.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-13_23-54-50.jpeg

17. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Minister of Magic

This describes my usual approach to Skyrim so well, it's almost creepy.

18. Rehio

Rehio Heir DLP Supporter

Well, here it is. Licensing exam day. Starts in 50 minutes.

Here's hoping I don't fuck it up.

19. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm, I haven't played a new character recently. I guess I could do a new run instead of playing Fallout76.

20. Arthellion

Arthellion The Chosen One

High Score:
    One week later...Zombie finally finishes installing mods and plays the actual game for three hours.