1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. KGB

KGB Death Eater

TOMD: Got turned down for a job that I was really looking forward to. So I got drunk installed tinder and spent the entire Sunday laughing at all the funny dog pictures women have on there. Would really recommend Tinder as a recourse for picking a breed for your next dog.

Edit: I just realised that sounds like I'm being a dick about women's looks. I mean actual dogs. Atleast 40% of the matches I was shown had atleast one picture featuring a canine

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. sonder

sonder Second Year

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a good pup though, if not a good partner.

If we're sharing Tinder stories... I once swiped right on a dude simply because he was a dog. Nothing else on the profile, just a picture of a dog and "the bark knight". We matched and he was just making non-flirtatious dog puns the whole time.

Fast forward ~2 years and I'm working on microfabrication stuff with some random dude. We start talking and I ask him what he does for fun. He and his girlfriend take turns running a dog account and bringing people joy on Tinder. I almost dropped a silicon wafer.

3. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige DLP Supporter

Lost within a thousand worlds of written wit.
    High Score:
    TOMD: Sore throat and runny nose. Cough drops help the former for a time but fuck if it wasn't miserable trying to sleep this morning.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  4. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Order Member DLP Supporter

"Yer' a Liberal, Harry. And a thumpin' cuck one a' tha'. "

5. Microwave

Microwave Seventh Year

Worst feeling is the night before when you feel it coming, the dread sets in, and you wake up the next morning as if your throat just got bombed with napalm.

6. Invictus

Invictus Banned

I am in Canada. First time seeing snow. First time seeing below zero degree celsius temperatures, actually first time below 10, at all. Went from Brazilian summer of 35 degrees average, to this. I am having lots of fun though, despite freezing my ass off. Canada is great, and people are quite polite. Reaaaaally can't get used to not fearing a random robbery or shootout, specially at night.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you really want your mind blown, pull over on the side of the road and put your blinkers on. 60% chance that, within half an hour, someone will pull over and ask if you need help. 5% chance your rescuer will also have Tim Horton's doughnuts and offer you one.

8. Hopper

Hopper Third Year

We like being nice, polite people. Shame about the public transportation not being up to snuff, that you need a car for everywhere.

9. Legacy

Legacy Order Member DLP Supporter

...Are you shaming me for my life choices?

10. Zenzao

High Score:
    TOMD: Head-cold has mostly transitioned into a chest-cold. Six hours of sleep in two days, just one this morning. Hacking up a lung. Trying to drink enough fluids(and warm tea). I won't miss this when it's gone. And I still don't have a clue where I caught this. feelsbadman.jpeg

On the flip-side, I have the general scope of my Q1 entry worked out in my head at this point. So... yay?

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Same, although I can't keep fluids down and I have this headache that won't stop :|

12. Zenzao

High Score:
    Get well soon Xiph. You're a pretty swell guy.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    FedEx me some Timbits, you polite piece of an upstanding social community.

14. Legacy

Legacy Order Member DLP Supporter

Say please and your address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

15. vlad

vlad Banned Prestige

High Score:
    Guy at work left end of last year and I took on one of his clients that requires large amounts of data aggregated and cleaned up quarterly. "Dont worry bro the database is pretty much entirely automated."

It wasn't. And what was didn't work.

It's been a wild ten days. But with a deadline of the 15th, the last of it went out an hour ago. And I have a down and dirty system that, while it needs to be streamlined, actually does work start to finish. Whiskey tonight.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    So I just had one of those moments where you've been looking for some old further unspecified thing (be it a movie, a show, video game, whatever) that maybe you watched/played when you were little kid, and then one day nostalgia struck you and your remembered it, and then you forget about it again, and then remember it again in a few months or years.

I had two games on my first computer (well, it was more of a whole family computer, but dad conceded and got me something to play because I was so into it, and this was before my parents developed the "games are useless and a waste of time" attitude), Heroes III and this other one. I remembered that the other one was a racing game, more or less recalled its futuristic look, and that I never finished it.

Well what do you know, a video pops into my YT feed from the European Speedrunner Assembly and -- holy shit -- it's that game.

I haven't yet decided if I feel satisfied just now knowing what game it is, or if I'm gonna need to find a way to run it on my laptop (probably with some emulator shit, because the game is from 1999).

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can't just say that and not tell us what the game is.

18. Imariel

Imariel Headmaster DLP Supporter

Heroes III, that's some serious throwback nostalgia. One of the first games I played at a friends - I still remember playing it with him and blasting Teenage Dirtbag at max volume.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Millenium Racer Y2K Fighters

20. Wildfeather

Wildfeather Seventh Year Prestige

High Score:
    TOMD:

The mars rover Opportunity has been out of contact since June of last year, and NASA officially declared it dead today. Apparently, its last message was something along the lines of "It's getting dark out and my battery is low". I never realized how much an emotional impact that lil rover being dead was going to impact me, but I actually cried a bit after it sank in. I remember growing up and learning about the mars rover when it was being launched and follows its journey with passive interest for all these years.