1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Order Member

It's probably geographic. The servers closest to you work fine, the ones closer to Scott don't.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Fired up about an hour ago but man, fuck this shit anyway

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Unspeakable

It's not just algorithms. They banned criticisms of fics in certain threads (recommendations?).

4. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Very little discussion is needed since only three stories are ever recommended, irrespective of the request: The Seventh Horcrux, Stages of Hope, and the cookie-cutter Hermione-wank that Starfox5 has released under a dozen or so titles.

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Headmaster DLP Supporter

Over the last few months, I've been increasingly depressed. My job search was going nowhere, with me getting rejections left and right. What was worse was that I kept failing technical interviews making me think I didn't deserve to be a programmer.

By the end of March, I was barely getting out of bed, and I couldn't even apply to jobs. I was so caught up with my own failures I was terrified to move forward. One day, after being sick of feeling like shit, I decided to say fuck it and apply for something totally different and see where it would take me.

Today I can finally announce that I got into a teaching program in Austria. In ten days, I will be leaving Seattle and flying to Europe for the next 90 days for an intensive teaching course. From there, I'm going to have some fun and travel outside the EU (as I was unable to get a student visa, alas), and see where the wind takes me.

Perhaps I will continue to travel for the next year, or perhaps I will teach English somewhere. Hell, perhaps with these new skills I can teach programming at Ada Academy or somewhere similar. Who knows? All I know is it is time for an adventure. :D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  6. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Minister of Magic

I always thoughts the random screams and whoops in the flat above were from some overeager kid getting fragged in apex/lol/what have you. I know I've been (and still am) pretty vocal when playing with friends.

Yesterday, though, it was so bad that I could barely fall asleep. I asked what's up - turns out, it's an older woman with mental health issues being taken care of by her two daughters.

If I had a bitch of a time sleeping before, it became almost impossible afterwards. It's one thing to have a kid being loud, another to know that the screams and hollers are coming from a person with a serious condition.

7. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Got served with an eviction notice today so my cunt landlord can squeeze more money out of some other poor fucker. 56 days to find a place, and supply has plummeted while prices have skyrocketed. RIP me.

8. Nevermind

Nevermind High Inquisitor

High Score:
    TOMD: Just heaved up the entire contents of my stomach, and I don’t really know why.

Backstory: Had a great evening at the local Irish Pub with three of my friends last night. Drank a cider and 2cl of a surprisingly decent whiskey, had a nice burger, was home by 9.30, went to bed in great spirits (pun not intended).

Then woke up at around 4am, very uncomfortable, had to run to the toilet three times in the next 2 1/2 hours, with what I recognised as typical hangover symptoms and a worsening feeling of dread at what would happen next. And then… well, you know what happened next. Felt fine afterwards.

Considering I have had much more than a cider and a little bit of whiskey before with considerably less trouble, I’m inclined to believe that something was wrong with the burger. Will probably avoid eating there for the foreseeable future.

Anyways, I’m heading back to bed now.

9. Silirt

Silirt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Charming. I do love Britishisms.
    In America we call these people pimps. Best of luck out there, squeezing money out of fuckers and all that.

10. Microwave

Microwave Seventh Year

Calling Oz British.

[​IMG]

11. Silirt

My bad. Today I learned what Irishisms were.

12. Agayek

Agayek Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

Irishism (noun) - A Britishism with a drinking problem

13. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    To us it's a drinking problem, to the Irish it's just drinking.

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You should at least try searching for a new place first.

16. cucio

cucio Second Year

High Score:
    Isn't that what he was saying? The underside of a car can be a cozy place, especially if it is recently parked and the engine is still warm. Cats love it. Very affordable, too.

17. Nazgus

Nazgus Chief Warlock

... It's less about what's warm for him and more about what's uncomfortably warm for you.

For a split second at any rate.

18. Silirt

Oh, I got the bomb reference. I found it a pretty good way of getting revenge on your former 'cunt landlord'. You'll be looking for a purple car with a leopard print interior assuming the stereotypes are the same.

19. basium1

basium1 Second Year DLP Supporter

I met a flat Earther and am now counting the ways I'll be ignoring them. They work security for the building I live in.

20. Paradise

Paradise Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

so i uh, forgot to do this, i turned 18 as of twelve days ago.

yay me, my sister came up to visit, and proceed to make the whole thing about her as she always does, anyway fuck her, and uh yeah.

Graduation in 53 days, woo