1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Q4 II 2019 Flash Story Competition

Prompt: Magical Fairytales
    Length: 800 - 1.2k
    Get Writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Moderator DLP Supporter

Congrats man. Soon you will be flipping burgers with a college degree. The American Dream.

2. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I feel personally attacked.

In other news, I hit up some hot sauce place in Round Rock that was sampling all their hottest hot sauces, so I spent ten minutes working my way up and then signed a release to do some 6,000,0000 SHU sauce in a big hunk on a chip. Jalapeños top out at 8,000, and even reapers are only 2.2 million. That's a throat full of bear mace with half a million scovilles to spare. The usual serving is a drop on a caviar spoon.

Spent a few minutes with my scalp sweating, and had my stomach rebel an hour later in something reminiscent of opioid withdrawal symptoms, but I tanked it and now have the need to talk about it to everyone all day. Been meaning to do this for a few years so that's one off the list.

Next step is pure capsaicin if I feel like suffering a bit more.

3. DR

DR Secret Squirrel ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Congrats, Paradise. Where will you go?

Well done? Bit of an odd thing to have on your bucket list, though.

4. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I lost my taste for sweets so suddenly and entirely that I had some blood work done to see if I had diabetes. Negative thankfully, and I've since replaced sugar with spices and peppers for flavor and always wanted to try the extremes of what's possible on that front.

5. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Out of a sick sense of civic duty I want to get started in politics after I graduate. But who knows maybe something else will be more appealing later

6. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Moderator DLP Supporter

Something something, down down down, your asshole is going to be a burning ring of fire.

Then again I can't eat anything without hot sauce on it. I use reapers on most everything the kids love them.

The people that eat that super hot shit though, admirable that you put it on a spoon. I hate the ones that get like these huge cooked meals coated in it, like wings, etc. Cause that's just a waste of food.

Sweets can only hit one note, ever. The more sugar the more sweet, there's no real complexity. Flavor comes from spice.

I think the perfect mixture is something like sweet, sour, bitter, and a hint of heat. It hits all the right notes. Think its why I like Asian food varieties so much.

Then again, they're all about complex mouth feel. Texture, spice, sweet, etc to make the perfect dish. American food by most standards is frightfully bland, or too much of one thing.

7. Nevermind

Nevermind Auror

High Score:
    TOMD: Preparations for my move continue. I went to my phone & internet provider to notify them of my change in address, which felt like a proper adulting moment.

I also prepared a small farewell gift for my former boss and thesis advisor. I like to think she was a bit touched, and we had a very amicable talk as well after our final graduate seminar of the semester, where she wished me all the best for my future, thanked me for my contributions and invited me to come by as a guest anytime.

Finally, I also had a small farewell gathering at the local pub with a couple of friend and acquaintances. It was a pretty spontaneous thing, so I was pleasantly surprised at how many people turned up. All in all, it was a really nice evening, and I enjoyed it immensely.

All in all, it was a good day.

8. pbluekan

pbluekan Headmaster DLP Supporter

For all the bullshit I deal with from Comcast, this is one of the few things they really do well.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

I once called Comcast on the road to my new apartment and they were able to transfer service so that I had internet up until I left the old place and had it as I arrived at the new one. I was only moving about an hour away as well.

10. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    get ready for your sleeping schedule to get yeeted
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think he meant like school, not your life's goal...

11. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Tomd: I’m pink and fabulous.

12. Nevermind

Nevermind Auror

High Score:
    TOMD:

TIL that Jeremy Renner can, like, actually sing?
    Gratuitous Taika Waititi cameos included.

EDIT: I‘m legitimately so confused. The things YouTube throws at you these days… today can‘t possibly get any better than that.

EDIT 2: Added spoiler tags for the video after Scott sensibly moved discussion of the video to the video clips thread.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  13. sonder

sonder Seventh Year

Hi all,

I’m alive. I rented a nice place for very cheap. Thanks to everyone who helped me and linked resources and answered questions. The homeowner is a tad domineering but that’s fine. I dealt with that so I’ll live. Fun side, I had a run in with an invasive species of plant today. A pick axe and hatchet solved that problem.

Then I went to a party and found out that I have a really, really bad reaction to alcohol to the point where even small amounts (few mL’s diluted into 500mL) is enough to make be really uncomfortable. Chills, nausea, shaking, all that fun stuff. I’ve had more before but figured I was a light weight with a really bad reaction. Turns out I can’t have it at all.

I’m all sobered up and in a safe place now, but yeah, pour one out for me.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  14. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Glad you’re ok.

And don’t feel too bad. Alcohol can be fun, but it’s also ruined a ton of lives. So be blessed

15. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Today, I have become Pink.

I shall represent my long lost note brothers as a Member of the Flaming Flamingo.

16. Otters

Otters Squib ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Congrats on your hard-won freedom.

17. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Got a tattoo, friend did it for free.

18. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

Lost within a thousand worlds of written wit.
    High Score:
    1,864+2628
    Not my preference, but congrats on the tat. Any particular meaning attached to it for you or just the general notion?

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I'm an atheist, but due to widespread hate for LGBT people from Catholics in Poland I felt like being a little offensive. I'm sure people will hate it and that's exactly why I did it.

20. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

Lost within a thousand worlds of written wit.
    High Score:
    1,864+2628
    In which case you have my wholehearted support.

Not open for further replies.