1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain)
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 5: The Order of the Braggart

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by BTT, Aug 15, 2019.

1. BTT

BTT Second Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    TOMD: There's a big festival in my area. It's 21°C, it's been raining for almost a week straight, and yet I'm gonna have to sit at a outdoor pool tomorrow for a couple of hours because festivalgoers will probably still try and go for a swim tomorrow. Lovely.

At least I'm getting paid for this.

2. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Moderator DLP Supporter

New Thread New You: Welcome the Braggart.

Old thread here.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  3. Paradise

Paradise Professor DLP Supporter

tomw: went to john foggerty on sunday, it was like the seniors day out or something everyone there was at least 70, most exciting concert i've been to ever.

tomorrow i make my first payment for college, woo.

i've also finally hit my breaking point as far as being in retail goes so im leaving that job behind to go wash dishes or something. I dunno yet, need to start filling out applications since i now actually have bills

adulthood is depressing as fuck. but ultimately has some good sides.

4. Zombie

TOMD: Finally got around to fixing Tag Blocks on the forums, for myself, right now, but maybe for everyone later.

Code:
    .tagList{
    display:none;
    }
    .tagBlock:hover > .tagList {
        display:inline;
        } 
    This is also the only productive thing I've done today, besides eat a fuck huge sandwich.

No, not a burrito @Rahkesh Asmodaeus

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

was it a taco

6. Otters

Otters The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Applied for my first ever credit card. Don't need or want one, but got coerced into signing up as one of my employee benefits with the half-assed notion that I should probably use some small amount of credit to build my score up.

I have been bombarded by them since signing for a "welcome call" to finalise the application. Very irritating to ever need to speak to a company to close things off after applying for anything online, and it pisses me off every time I get landed in this trap. Not least because they're only open during work hours, I'm working during those hours, and therefore cannot take a call.

I don't even want the damn thing. I'm not American. I'm happy only spending money I already have. D:

7. DR

DR Secret Squirrel ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You do, though.

So long as you pay your bill on time each month, and the credit line has a percentage cashback, you're achieving 3 things:
    1. Getting an automatic discount on everything, always.
    2. Maximizing interest in your checking/savings accounts you use to pay the credit line.
    3. Building a stable credit history to reduce costs on loans later in life.

8. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    My TOMD is seeing TOMD5 after TOMD4 went on for almost 4 years and made me think the practice of fresh megathreads had been abandoned altogether. Lots of DLP history in TOMD4.

Genuinely shocked.

9. Amekonnen

Amekonnen Fourth Year

High Score:
    This is a yesterday thing, but yay got my health insurance back after some stupid things happened, so yay?

10. Zombie

Gotta let some of the baggage go. 85 pages at 100 post per page was a bit crazy. Might encourage more people to share with us as well when they don't see a super bloated thread they're not sure is dead or alive.

Also, in two years we can just make TOMD6, that will give us plenty of time to think up a witty name.

We over shot the new thread here by about half a year since there was a three year gap between GoF and OotP

11. Salsa

Salsa Seventh Year

My (phone) alarm isn't working, even though I check it at least four times per night to make sure it's on. Has this little icon that pops up when I activate it.

12. Anarchy

Anarchy Totally Sirius DLP Supporter

Mentioned it in discord but it fits here better. I've been furloughed (essentially temporally unemployed) for about a month and a half. Well, the return date (which was arbitrarily chosen on my part) has come and gone, and I'm still furloughed. Issue is that I can't change the return-to-work date on my unemployment claim, so I have to get an actual unemployment office employee to do it for me. Not a big deal, I had that done last time I was furloughed. I go to the office (40 minute drive to get there), no office workers there, just security. Security says the person who works there is going to be there in tomorrow, and gives me the office number to call so I don't have to make the drive. So today, I call, explain what I need done to that person, and the person tells me that my claim was already edited yesterday, and my payment is being processed. My biggest question is how? I did not give anyone my information yesterday, so how could my claim have been updated? Two options I guess. The first one is that the person I talked to was mistaken, and I'll be having to make a trip back to the office to clear it up in a few days. Other option is that some sort of automated system coincidentally caught my claim at the same time and the fact that the last claim I got errored out with a $0 payment because of the return-to-work date. Either way, I don't think there's anything I can do at this point except wait until Sunday when I can make another claim and see what's going on, and I hate waiting.

13. wordhammer

wordhammer Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

Went to one of the food trucks outside work. I gave them $10 and they gave me around 4 pounds of fried food. I think they're agents of the alien invaders who are fattening us up for their Thanksgiving.

14. Zombie

That or they're trying to systematically destroy America's sewer systems with all the shit that's going to cause.

15. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    @Zombie Wouldn't TOMD6 be Half-Blood Braggart?

The Deathly Braggarts

Fantastic Braggarts and Where to Find Them (or alternatively, Things of Your Day and Where To Brag About Them)

Crimes of the Braggart

And more FB movies will come out. We're set for TOMD titles for the next decade and a half.

16. Nevermind

Nevermind Auror

High Score:
    TOMD (5!): A couple of things, actually.

My new job has treated me pretty well so far. It has been two weeks, and I’m starting to settle into a groove. It’s interesting work, albeit a bit monotone at times.

I also made Unemployment Tube Carbonara (James May’s recipe, the first part of which can be found here) for the first time in my new flat today. It’s my go-to comfort food, and it didn’t disappoint. The extra parmesan might‘ve helped.

And finally, two friends of mine are coming by tomorrow to spend the weekend up here as a sort of extended house-warming event. That should be fun.

17. Otters

Otters The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Nah fam. TOMD 6: The Half-Brag Posters.

18. Zombie

Extra parm never hurt anyone.

19. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Extra parm is worth dying for

20. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

You guys are making me reconsider my dinner planning for over the weekend to include Pesto alla Genovese...