1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain) Length: 2.5 - 5k
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

TOMD 5: The Order of the Braggart

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by BTT, Aug 15, 2019.

1. amek

amek Banned

High Score:
    You are never too old to ever be sad about video games

2. sonder

sonder DA Member

TOMD: I met my coworker’s kid. He is the cutest little bean and after a short conversation, I gave him a chocolate coin (with his mother’s permission). He calls me 阿姨 (auntie) now and he was very proud to inform me that the coin makes him very happy. My heart can’t take the cuteness.

3. Teyrn

Teyrn High Inquisitor

So we finally finished getting quotes for new a new furnace. Learned today all the furnace companies are booked until mid-December.

Thank god for space heaters, but this house is going to get chilly before that new furnace is installed.

4. sonder

sonder DA Member

I’m happy to hear that you’re going to stay warm in the meanwhile. I’m surprised, yet not surprised, they’re so busy. I think some part of me hopes for a holiday miracle. I hope you stay safe and cozy.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Prisoner DLP Supporter

Make sure you got those space heaters that turn off if they fall over. Then again, that should be like 99.9% of em these days.

6. Teyrn

Teyrn High Inquisitor

Yeah, they have tip-over sensors. I'm not surprised they're busy, there's a lot of new housing going up here.

Which is hilarious, because I have no idea what is driving the housing market so insane that the city is looking at multiple new subdivisions.

7. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well in the Australian housing market, it's the somewhat unrestricted foreign investors mixed with the government keeping the mortgage interest rates low in an attempt to encourage spending and keep the economy from bursting. Thing is, no one is spending - they're either saving or paying down debt where possible.

It'll all end in tears. That's why all my money is in gold and Kleenex.

8. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So this week has been...long so far. I'm doing ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification. Its a 5 day course, or rather 4 days of intensive studying and then an exam on day 5. The exam is tomorrow. Really not looking forward to it. My first exam since I left uni in 2012. On the plus side, assuming I pass, I'll have an internationally recognised information security audit qualification that lasts until they change the standard which will be...in about 5 or so years probably. So it opens up a fair few options.

9. Majube

Majube High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Good luck on the exam.

10. Nazgus

Nazgus Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

11. Innomine

Innomine Headmaster ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not gonna lie, there's a certain amount of schadenfreude going on for me with regards to Aus atm. Ya'll have been progressively shitting on us Kiwi's more and more lately.

12. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Headmaster

Good luck! A few jobs ago I was a consultant for a SaaS company doing 27001/SOC2 and that was uh. "Fun". I'd say enjoy reading hundreds of pages of minutiae but you're probably all through that by now.

Anyways enjoy your future job making sysadmins cry.

13. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Supreme Mugwump

Seven more weeks on, I'm now on 115 squat and deadlift. Deadlift has stalled because my fingers aren't capable of holding the bar at 120, so I'm currently trying to figure out how to use wrist straps. OHP remains a bit shit, although I figured out the issue... My arms were way too narrow.

I'm also working on adding in burpees (fuck burpees) and looking to add a clean-and-jerk, although starting from 15 for that, and it does mean I'm going to have to look into either buying bumper plates, figuring out how to lower the bar gently, or buying a gym membership rather than just lifting in the garage.

14. DR

DR Secret Squirrel ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: Certified for promotion. Now a GS-13 (Lt. Col. equivalent for you military types.)

More money, please. Thanks, taxpayers!

15. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Headmaster

TOMD: technically started last week but I'm quitting cigarettes for the first time!

I say cigarettes and not smoking because alas, I did buy a vape, but it's really helping me keep my smoking to a minimum.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 12:22 AM
  16. Mordecai

High Score:
    Haha, yeah. My job title right now is senior auditor, so I'm used to all the paperwork, reading, and making people cry

17. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Minister of Magic

Missing the bench there, the most important number for any respectable adept walking brodin's iron halls. For real, though, have you tried a mixed grip for deadlifts? That might help. But gz on making progress! Glad to know I'm not the only one whose squat and dl are close together numberwise. For most people on reddit the dl always seems miles ahead of their squad. As for overhead press, are you squeezing your glutes like a mad man? That was a game changer for me. You gotta attack that bar with purpose. Just imagine beforehand that someone will shove a big black dildo up your ass, and the squeezing will happen on its own.

18. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Supreme Mugwump

Bench is currently 55, but not progressed in a week because my form was atrocious. OHP remains at 40.

Mixed grip works, but it puts a weird strain, and I don't want to go lopsided, so I've also been trying to pick up the hook grip, but I finish on the DL, and I'm knackered by that point, so don't always remember.

I haven't been squeezing, but I shall now focus my thoughts on big dildos, and pray for the best.

Wheymen.

19. Mordecai

High Score:
    Update, exam done. I'm moderately confident, it wasn't too bad. Fingers crossed!

Its always interesting looking at equivalent ranks. I found out recently apparently I'm the equivalent of a Police Inspector which was pretty cool to find out.

20. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    TOMD: It's my birthday and I get married in 15 days. What even is this month...