1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Traitors Within Discussion Thread - Old Story Thread

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Midknight, May 4, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: Traitors Within
    Author: Midknight
    Category: Answer to Midknight's Azkaban Challenge! - Betrayal!, Revenge!, Azkaban!, Dark Heir!, Independent!, Manslut!
    Pairings: H/Tonks/Bella/Patil Twins
    Rating: M(R) - Mature for fight scenes, severe description of castration via fork, and just blame b/c I warned ya.
    Summery: Heir of Slytherin, Dark, Independent, Azkaban, Harry. Bella, Tonks, Patil twins as the 'ships. After a interesting visit from Voldemort, Harry has a fight with Fudge, and begins his ascent to freedom. Twists and turns abound!

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Re: Traitors Within - Answer to Midknight's Azkaban Challeng

O_O!! SWEET!
    ive always wanted to see one of those... will eb interesting to see how you pull it off
    A fork?

what happened to the spoon? or better ... a plastic SPORK!

3. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

hey I'm a fan of the patil twins so I like this story

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

We need some just H/Patil Twins, as in all my travels I haven't found any who had him just paired with the two...usually he had the baggage with Ginny and Hermione, or both. This should be good though, I've never seen this pairing.

5. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

harry and the Patil Twins never read one with then but i'm willing to see where it leads

6. Midknight

The Patil twins I'm gonna try to make believable.

I'll come flat out and tell ya now, H/GW IS in this story, but in a way that our dear dark lord in training is simply manipulating her for information, lol.

Tonks... I MAY not write much more then a one nighter, When the idea for the challenge and story came up, H/T was not written. So I figured I'd try to usher it in, but then it exploded, lol.

Harry/Bella seems to still be mostly untouched ground, with no really great example shining from the ship.

The spoon I could not reveal without giving away who uses it, and when. The spoon is in the story, lol. I'm not gonna explain it when I post it to FF.net it'll stay a DLP.net "In" joke, heh.

As for sporks. Sporks are too good to use on the ppl that are going to be spooned!

7. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

there was this good one I read from Jeaconis called the Objects Lesson Trilogy. it's a Harry/Padma fic and I must say that it's really well written, you'd have to join his yahoo group but it's worth it. It's in his files section under Harry/Padma

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeconais_fanfiction/

8. Midknight

I'm very proud to say my story now has over 600! view in the thread I'm posting my story in.

Not taking into account the Games board, that is the highest view count of the whole board, with some of the closest running 200+ views behind! I'm very humbled that so many people would check in, and follow the story, even in it's slightly dummed down formatting to work on the boards =)

Thank you for your support. I may be looking for a Beta later on, if Omagic or halstead does not respond to my request=)

Ya know the most aggrivating part of writing this story... I have things I want to get to, Hermione's um "special" treatment, Harry and his three headed friend, another incident with a spoon/fork/spork, and the building up, and making it BELIEVABLE is killing me.

I've seen authors totally ruin their credibility by taking Harry from the borderline wimpy guy he is now, to a unstoppable powerhouse in 3 chapters, so I'll just have to grin and bear it, and cry as my plans come out slowly =(

9. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

yeah do that. I always tend to hate the fact that one day he was crying about sirus, the next he's all powerful taking control of his life.. there has to be a balance somwhere in there

10. ariannariddle

ariannariddle Squib

loooooooooovvveeeee

ooohhhh i love it more kill more kill please :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

11. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

yeah more blood

12. Midknight

I hate any fic where he's whining about Sirius period. I've said it before and I'll say it again,

-He's had what, like 4 actual drawn out conversations with the guy? He knows the Dursely's mailperson, some randon person in gryffindor much better then he knows this guy who suddenly popped up after 12 years in prison.

Same deal with Lupin, yeah year 3 he got special tutoring, but has he ever had a heart to heart with the kid? Lupin was free for the 12 years, why didnt he visit Harry. Lupin is easily explained, but for Harry to cry over either of them is just pure stupid.

13. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i dont think he'd be whining about Sirius i think he'd be angry i mean it the third close person other then his parents that he lost who was going to be close to him. that would make anyone angry. and anyway it's more beliveible

14. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aye! I agree... I think he'd be more angry than depressed... though the prophecy might bring him down abit he isnt going to sitting in his rooom tearing up a box of tissues!

15. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

na if there was a prophecy about you would be pissed off....very pissed off that i have no control over my life at all

16. Midknight

Ah and you have hit on one of the themes of my story. Harry is out to prove he can go outsight fate.

I was toying with the idea of having the prophecy already fufilled, since Voldie's body "died" and Harry lived. But I've seen this once before in some obscure story and didn't want to be labeled a copycat

17. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

I agree finding out that you have no control of your life would set anyone off. poyally

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

just because of the prophecy i would walk away from everything and do what ever i want

19. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

would your conscious allow it?

20. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

conscious can be twisted and turned to fit ones purpose