1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Turn Me Loose: A Harry Potter Adventure by JBern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Sep 1, 2007.

1. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Title: Turn Me Loose: A Harry Potter Adventure
    Author: JBern (me)
    Rating: Fiction Rated: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    DLP Category: Independent Harry
    Pairing: Listed as H/Luna, but so was Bungle...
    Chapters: 16
    Words: 134,063
    Updated: November 13, 2010
    Published: August 31, 2007

Summary: The sequel to Bungle in the Jungle. Told in 2nd person. Harry Potter has returned to England. In the jungles of South America, he became his own man, a hero of his own choice and not unfortunate circumstance. Is it enough to save him? To survive this time, he must overcome his enemies and perhaps even his allies. He must be faster, smarter, and better than ever. If he is to prevail, he must become more that a chosen one, more than a child with a clever moniker, he must become a legend.

Link (ff.net): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3759007/1/
    Link (FFA): http://jbern.fanficauthors.net/Turn_Me_Loose_A_Harry_Potter_Adventure/index/

I look forward to your comments.

Jim

The prequel "Bungle in the Jungle" can be found here:

DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=36476#post36476
    Link (ff.net): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2889350/1/Bungle-in-the-Jungle-A-Harry-Potter-Adventure
    Link (FFA): http://jbern.fanficauthors.net/Bungle_in_the_Jungle/index/

Checked by Minion, July 27, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  2. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow... Jim... you're my hero. You made my night.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm trying captain! But I cannae read any faster!

*Blame Virail for ^*

Anyways, back in ten minutes once I've read it.

4. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    I liked it, though I must say I can't remember Harry getting that Ambassador position, might be because it has been awhile since I read Bungle.

I was kinda disappointed that a sizable chunk of the chapter was the prologue you previously posted, but meh, I will forgive you if the next chapter comes out quick.

Oh and I also have it on good authority that Boa has some whipped cream already prepared, if you know what I mean, for when you finish this, so get to it!

Other wise the cream might grow strange alien appendages.

:p

5. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Thanks for the response. You won't remember Harry getting the Junior Ambassadorship. The end of Bungle mentioned all these meetings with the Minister of Brazil. That and the South American Expeditionary force were set up there. It wouldn't have been near as fun if I blew the surprise right there.

Harry has taken steps to protect himself. That's not to say they all will work flawlessly...

Jim

6. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Ahh, sneaky.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Ha I saw the ambassadoreship coming. Or something like that which would give him diplomatic immunity.

Hacks new power is interesting. Could you go over the club. Since its demon bone it should have some power like fear or magic sapping. Also since it would be Bills first go at Demon bone he would have tried his best shit. I just enjoy reading magic theory in stories and think that would be interesting.

I presume the wings on Hack are magical since he stands no chance of lifting himself off the ground with them even if he was only a meter tall.

Does Harry have a Licence to kill like in TFTCD? If not he could get in trouble.

Oh and I think Ron is on his side. You dropeed several hints last story. Hims not hanging out with Hermione and resigning as prefect. But since Harry never saw him Ron couldnt tell him.

Kill Hermione please. This is your 4th story and she really deserves to be killed. You killed Ginny in TFTCD I think its Hermiones turn.

Over all pretty good. I was annoyed that I had already read the first bit but thats my fault for reading the tease.

I will hold of rating till the 3rd chapter.

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

*drools*

do I detect a threesome with Katie and Luna? Haha.

5/5 - it is a rollercoaster ride, the flow is very nice.

I can't wait to see where this is going.

9. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Beautifully done, Jbern, fantastic. Where do you come up with some of this stuff? Honestly, for half a second there I thought you were going to have Bill defeat the curse and I was going to be mildly disappointed, but when do you ever disappoint with a story? If you keep this up, along with a decent update date though that is just me begging, I ... well, I can't say I'll praise you for eternity -that'd be bloody sad as this is fanfiction- but you'll be my new hero for awhile. Don't you feel proud of yourself? I'm not even your kid and you'll be my hero.

Oh, yes, I'm not even going to wait. 5/5

10. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

My god, its made of both Awesome and Win!

5/5

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I enjoyed it, Jim. Nice work.

12. gadriam

gadriam Second Year

I'm winded.

I'll admit to being a fanboy (with grey hairs) but i forgot to breathe for a while there.
    I suspected some kind of official position for him, but this guy as a diplomat? C'mon! The Brazilian motivation made it credible, and it also hints that the Brazilian government doesn't think much of Britain, to make it a training course. Why would they?

Hack is just so indefatiguably cool. His presence in any scene makes for enjoyable mental images. I'm almost prepared to stoop to Fanart.

Mr Nott dead and paid for. I just adore the casualness of it all.

The immediate attempt by Fumbledore to make Harry insecure was also great.
    Too bad Harry wasn't too worried about going "dark". The cursewrestling completed this rollercoaster by being the display of determination we needed to re-establish Harry Bungle, asskicker extraordinaire.
    The minor wardcliffie rounded it off perfectly, just to be replaced by something i really hate. Chapter ends. I hate those.

g

13. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Does the fact that Harry Potter feels the wards of Hogwarts mean that Harry Potter is the heir of Hogwarts??? o_O

That was, sadly enough, the first thing I thought of when reading the last paragraph. I also blame a lack of sleep for that random comment.

14. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I almost squealed in delight when I saw this fic posted. The only things that stopped me was that 1. I was at work (it suxs anyway) and 2. I have to keep my masculine pride...

Anyway, great start. After BiTJ I have really been looking forward to this and I'm glad to say I've not been disappointed. I'm just dying to see a confrontation between Harry and his old gang and the imposters (if there is one). It would be fun if he walked up to Polyjuiced Harry on a date with Cho...

Though I have to say I was a little disappointed with the meeting with Dumbledore. I was hoping Harry would kick him in the nuts at first sight...

But man you have become one of my all time favourite authors now. I've read each of your stories at least 4 times each.

And Hack's the SHIT!!!

4.9/5

15. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Brilliant yet again, the only dissapointment is that I have to wait for the next chapter.

5/5 again

16. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

Finally posted...
    It was a long wait, but it was worth it. I've really enjoyed this chapter... subtle return to England, than subtle return to Hogwarts.... what's next? subtle reunion with "friends"?
    Anyway, good job. I'm waiting for more...

5/5

17. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Excellent continuation, I already left you a full review over at FFA, but suffice to say I'm looking forward to the rest. Keep up the excellent work!

4.5/5

18. Wergan

Wergan Third Year

At least a 4.5/5 can't wait for more.

Personally I think the feeling of Hogwarts is one of his 'demon blood' traits. Kinda along the lines of he is more sensitive to magic.

19. ArseNick

ArseNick Fourth Year

Talk about making an impact. Jbern, you really have a flair for the dramatic (i.e. you know how to differentiate between dramatic and cheesy).
    Although I am a bit on edge about Harry's ruthlessness. Killing an enemy is one thing. A gore-fest however, is a whole new ballgame. Harry's become more jaded certainly, but I really hope you're not turning him into Jack The Ripper or something.
    That said, I eagerly await the next chapter. My pitchfork is sharpened in case of delays :p

20. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I saw it was posted and I almost had to go change my pants. Okay not really but I was excited.

I gotta agree with those who say Harry sensing the ward is just that him being more sensitive to magic not necessarily the demons blood but just that he has learned to sense it better.