1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Uneasy Lies The Head by Katling - G

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Mordecai, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Uneasy Lies The Head
    Author: Katling
    Rating: G
    Genre: Drama, Alternate Universe
    Pairing: Non so far, no hints, doubtful Slash sinc its in the General section
    Summary: Based on a challenge by Lanta. AU. Harry becomes the King of the wizarding world at the age of six. How does this changes not only his life but the lives of those around him?
    Link: http://www.hpfandom.net/eff/viewstory.php?sid=13355

Only a prologue and one chapter so far, 11K words, its well written and fairly amusing. It does involve Harry being friends with the goody goody Weasleys, but apart from that it seems good so far.

I give it 4/5 so far.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The idea of nobility in the Wizarding world is rather cliche (how many Lord Potter-Black-Gryffindor-Slytherin ect have we seen?) but for some reason in this story it didn't seem to annoy me at all.

Good writing style with a nice flow to it; humourous in a clever rather than laugh-out-loud sort of way; and a surprisingly refreshing "light" story after a hell of alot of dark ones.

4/5

3. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Fourth Year

I like this, as Taure said, it has a clever humour to it and the author manages to capture the childishness of Harry, a strong difference to how he was after living with the Dursley's which bodes well for the plots being markedly different, especially with the information given about Snape.

Hopefully something that, if it continues will not be a simple rehash of PS but has promise.

4/5

4. OdinMage

OdinMage Fourth Year

I THINK that there are several more chapters up but on her (his?) yahoo group...
    I believe the groups name is 'KatlingGON' or 'KatlinGON' there are several stories, a bunch of them are slash, so not my thing, but a few are not slash, and are very good. My favourites are the story just posted "Uneasy Lies the Head" and one called "Azkaban's Heir"... yes, it is a lot like other Azkaban stories in SOME ways, but in others it is very different, and I find it to be one of the best Azkaban stories out there....

overall, I think I'll go with a 4/5 for all of Katlings stories (of the non-slash variety, I haven't read the slash ones)

5. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

What changes could be made with Harry having a groups of trusted adults to take his problems. A good scene might be having Bill counter the cursed broom, placing voldermont on the run.
    How is Albus going to guard the stone in Hogwarts with the King in residence?
    Katling has a lot of work to do if she wants to avoid plot holes.
    For example, snape can be surly, But his grades, points and detention and even verbal comments are to the KING. This stuff could leak out to the press.
    There was plenty of Royal news about the Princes of England education here in America, I would think the news and gossip was even greater in England.

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Their actually the Princes of Great Britain and Ireland, ;)

7. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

meh, its alright. just hope it dont turn into another re-run of the first book as many of these types do.

8. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Not bad, the fact that hes friends with the weasleys and this will prob turn into just another average fic w/ the 6 friends holds it back in my opinion. The king itself is a fairly new idea i think and as someone already said she will have to work hard to avoid plot holes. 3/5