1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Unfortunately I'm not a Hero By Sage_of_Eyes (Oreigaru X MGE lite)

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by thejabber27, Nov 22, 2019.

1. thejabber27

thejabber27 Groundskeeper

Title: Unfortunately I'm not a Hero
    Author: Sage of Eyes
    Rating: M maybe NC17?
    Genre: Action/horror/ comedy
    Fandom: Oreigaru x MGE Lite
    Pairings: TBD probably
    Summary: Stolen from his world one winter night, Hikigaya Hachiman found himself in an alternate world. Surely, this means that he shall become a hero that fights again evil with extraordiary abilities. Wait. What's this collar? What do you mean I have to either fight or die? Why the heck are all the monsters girls!?

What kid of shit setting is this and why the hell is everything so difficult? Where's my shitty cheat skill!?

I want a refund!
    Link:https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/unfortunately-i’m-not-a-hero-oreigaru-x-mge-lite.800668/

So, this may be a bit to early to put up for review, but the Author has done good consistent work in the past and this is quickly becoming a must read for me. Updates on Mondays (per the Author). Hikigaya is put into Monster girl Encyclopedia (an eroge setting) without the Eroge, starts as a slave and switches sides as soon as he can.

Sage nails Hikigaya's voice and the unreliable narrator really shines through in the writing. The side characters are being fleshed out slowly and this is being done pretty well.
    I knew nothing about MGE going in but the parts you need are built into the fic.
    5/5

2. thattin

thattin Second Year

I'm going into this with without any knowledge of MGE (or even what MGE is, because I'm still not sure) and I'm really not impressed with this.

In terms of grammar and writing it's fine and well written I guess? I never noticed any glaring errors or anything like that but in terms of a story I found it lacking. It just all seemed so generic light novel that I couldn't be bothered reading anymore. Hikigaya could have been replaced with pretty much any angsty teen and I don't think it'd change the story in any meaningful fashion. He just goes around collecting a harem (who isn't actually a harem) whilst inspiring the people who work for him for nebulous reasons.

The basic plot is Hikigaya swears revenge on the person who summoned him because they're secretly evil. He only does this after he's broken free by the demon lord (who's a hot girl) because he's so much better than anyone else at strategy than anyone else because reasons. I can't take it seriously.

Overall I'd give it a 2/5. It's not for me

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Usually I have a soft spot for isekai but there's just something about this which wholly fails to capture my interest. I think my complaint sits somewhere with the tone of the writing and the psychotic motion of time from snippet to snippet, it just doesn't let you enjoy it.