1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown One Shot

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by rocket_runner, Aug 11, 2009.

1. rocket_runner

rocket_runner Seventh Year

A few years ago I read this story, and now I'm having trouble finding it again.

I can't remember the title, but I want to say it was something like 'Dear God' or 'Do you hear me, God?'. I'm pretty sure 'God' was somewhere in the title, because I remember being hesitant to read it when my friend recommended it.

Anyway, the story started off with Harry drowning and his thoughts as it gradually got darker and darker before he finally saw the light. After that, he's a 'ghost' and attends his funeral where Ron speaks. (More people probably do, too, but for some reason I specifically remember Ron.) It ended with Harry going to the 'afterlife' with his parents, I think. It sounds dumb, but I remember really all the emotion behind it or something equally cheesy. ;)

The author had written after a friend of his had died in a helicopter accident (?) and he wanted to make sure that friend knew they were missed.

I think I read it on harrypotterfanfiction.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want my memorial in the form of a 400k word fic that features Harry/Hermione and Harry/Katie as well as numerous awesome plot devices.

The author's friend got a one-shot.

Boned.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  3. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll dedicate Skitterleap to you then Seratin, just to piss you off with the H/Fleur goodness.