1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Unsung Story of the Inconspicuous by Wrought - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Ched, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Title: Unsung Story of the Inconspicuous
    Author: Wrought
    Rating: T (imo) or M (ffnet)
    Genre: Humor/Drama/Adventure
    Fandom: Naruto
    Pairings: n/a
    Summary: Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura were not in fact the only rookies in that year. This genin was going to be normal, emotionally well-balanced and happy if it killed her. Which, in Konoha, was almost a statistical certainty.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5514187/1/Unsung-Story-of-the-Inconspicuous

So! I'm... confused. I could SWEAR I found this story linked somewhere on DLP, but I can't find it now. I thought it had been in almost recommendable but a search didn't locate it.

Thing is, I like it.

The other thing? Most of you won't.

This story is going to appeal to a limited number of readers. The main character is an OC who is about Naruto's age. Said OC (Raiku) doesn't interact with canon characters very much. In fact she actively avoids all canon characters wherever possible, because in this story... "plot" is a tangible, dangerous thing. And all the canon characters - Naruto in particular - are just covered in it.

The OC, Raiku, I found hilarious and awkward in all the best ways. It's almost like if Luna Lovegood were a ninja... almost, not quite, but it's the closest comparison I can make.

It's actually been a couple of months since I read it, so a lot of the specifics of what I liked, loved, or hated have faded. But I remember reading it and thinking that it started out as a 3/5 and as it went on moved up into 4/5 territory once character motivations made a bit more sense and the plot firmed up.

So, 3.5/5? I'm going to round up to 4/5 because frankly... I enjoyed it and will continue to follow it as it updates. There's plenty of stories I'd rate at 3.5/5 that I wouldn't bother keeping up with, and those I'd round down for.

If you aren't at least somewhat enjoying yourself in the first couple of chapters though it probably won't pull you in later, so give it a go and don't feel obligated to keep reading if it doesn't grab ya.

...and if this story has already been posted somewhere on DLP let me know.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Not been posted anywhere else. Might have been mentioned in the mega thread at some point but I've not found it.

I've read this before, and honestly it just didn't do it for me. While its not bad in regards to OCs go, I just don't like the premise. I don't have much more to say about it. There's nothing noteworthy, and I think that speaks for itself.

3. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

The characters are enjoyable and well-rounded, however I dislike the premise itself as I am not a fan of metafiction of this type.

4. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Alright, I've tried picking this up a few times, but even getting past the first chapter is a bit of a hurdle.

It initially comes across as one of those absurd sort of pieces that are common in Naruto and only Carnivorous Muffin has really done well, in my opinion. That bad taste kind of stuck with me and there wasn't much to really recommend it otherwise. Yes the characters are well rounded, and it ticks the box for "proof read" but that's about all I can really say about it.