1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

USA Elections 2016

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banta, Apr 12, 2015.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler Prestige

High Score:

The thing is, though, that while it's sort of just locker room talk, it's sort of not - because what he's describing is straight up sexual assault. And there's clearly a depiction of him trying to fuck a married woman while just recently married for the third time.

I think it's just that people in general react more viscerally to this sort of thing that's telling about a candidate's personality and who they are than they do to policy or lack thereof. It's not a good thing, but it's understandable.

And yeah. Watching this unfold is sort of beautiful.

2. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

If you've ever had the misfortune of dealing with a Donald Trump supporter online, you would know that one of their favorite insults is to call someone a cuckold; I've never seen sorry, heard better irony.

3. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Trump is a rapist, according to statements given under oath. His first wife gave sworn deposition to this effect, stating that he raped her multiple times, and he's presently fighting a legal battle over allegedly raping a minor. Commenting on a lady's tits or talking about grabbing her pussy (his words) as a way of "moving on her like a bitch" is small potatoes.

This will all blow over like a Trumpian comb-over and he'll be stronger for it. Because Bill Clinton.

4. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler Prestige

High Score:
    I do love that "Bill Clinton" was basically his response to this point.

Seeing the GOP depart/freak out en masse is also really enjoyable right now.

5. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
  6. gorlosh

gorlosh DA Member

Governor of Utah, Utah Congressman, and John Huntsman all unendorsed Trump. I'm curious, what's the down-ballot effect this has? How do people like Rubio play this?

7. Skiddo

Skiddo First Year

High Score:
    Do you think Ted Cruz is wishing he held out on caving to pressure on endorsing Trump right about now?

8. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    This is actually very interesting if Mormon Utah will turn on him and either run to his opponent if they hate him enough, or flee instead to Johnson. Utah's Mormons are the most powerful voting bloc in the state and they have very high morality standards.

9. gorlosh

gorlosh DA Member

Problem with Johnson is he's pro-abortion. I imagine 35% will win Utah, but who the fuck knows.

10. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    10 bucks says the 'Divided Government' argument starts tomorrow morning.

11. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Hopefully the Democrats can pick up the senate. That would be nice.

12. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    48 hours before the next Debate, I think most down-ticket Democrats are gearing up to hammer their opponents into the ground until every last one of them withdraws their endorsement or goes down with the ship.

[​IMG]

(Caveat: Yes, I'm just looking for excuses to post Bruce the Shark gifs at this point.)

13. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

14. Spanks

Spanks Minister of Magic

The cherry on top would've been if he said Bill is still dicking bimbos.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm a little disgusted with this country right now. Out of all the horrible shit he's said and done, how is this what gets his campaign team to sit Trump down and say, "grovel and apologize or you're done"?

The public can apparently tolerate bigotry and fascism, but not naughty dudebro sex talk. Awesome.

16. Darth_Revan

High Score:
    Racism and authoritarian intolerance of immigrants and muslims is in fashion right now in Right politics in the West.

Sexual assault, far from the days of Mad Men, is less tolerated than ever. If ever you wanted a poster for Rape Culture (a troublesome term at best), it's him in this video. No wonder his sons look like 1980s B-movie pimps.

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

You should see some of the comments defending him in FB news threads. Holy shit.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No thanks. I value my sanity.

Edit: I love that Fox News has become Fox Weather, running pre-aired Matthew coverage for hours on end, as every other news outlet takes on this meltdown.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  19. kinetique

kinetique Groundskeeper

I don't see how Hillary can lose at this point, short of her announcing on video that she's a raping, paedofile, serial killer.

20. JErosion

JErosion Fifth Year

Having the mentality that she can't possibly lose, is how Hillary can lose the election. Part of the reason why Bernie Sanders did as well as he did was because she just sat there and held her hand out with the attitude of "Alright! Put my nomination right here, its my turn." She didn't start to make a real effort until Sanders started winning states. And you have to remember that there are people out there that loath Hillary Clinton so much that there is absolutely nothing Trump can do that will make not vote for him over Hillary.

Not open for further replies.