1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain) Length: 2.5 - 5k
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

USA Government Forgets Constitution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Giovanni, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This has gotten stupid, why would the USA invade Canda? The country politically is already a push over, and it works out so much better to have a independant country to always back us up =)

China, N .Korea, Iran, one of the other middle eastern countries yes, I could see us annexing Mexico eventually, or invading Cuba or something, but fucking Canda?

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I don't think America would ever attack Canada or Mexico. It would be stupid to make enemies so close to home. The terrorists today have to somehow transport themselves from their shitty homeland, over EU, over Atlantic, to America. If Canada or Mexico were to start training terrorists, US would be in a deep, deep shit.

3. Midknight

Aye I just said annexing Mexico b/c as it, most of their folks run here, we export assloads of factories jobs there, and with all the aid we give the country, it may as freaking well be part of US.

I actually did read a book a long time ago where Canada and Mexico had turned on us, and there was a secret buildup of South American and Russin+Middle Eastern forces in each country that hit us by suprise. They made a board game out of it, can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    lets just break it down into simpler terms.

America has too much power. They will eventually go too far. They will piss off some otehr powerful nations, and they will get fucked. But they will fuck back (think 69 with nukes).

Eventually, the world will get completely and utterly anhiliated, simply because america became too powerful for its own good.

And if we're lucky we may even still be alive when it happens so we can see the pretty light show, then die due to radiation poisoning. :twisted:

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

For that to happen we would look at there average testicular fortidude diveded by [ / ] the rashness of said leader or his puppetmasters [ / ] there level of ego and pride at the time of said bickering =

:)

6. Xiph0

See my other thread on Records, theyve done alot more then wiretaps my friends.

7. Midknight

I think if we cleaned out the rampant corrupting in our politicians and instilled folks who actually wanted to HELP, we'd be universally loved, if not totally tolerated

We're known for corrupt backstabbing leaders, who like to deign foreign policy by what country can give us the most shit at the moment. When we get folks in power who want to help, instead of create wars just to funnel cash back into companies they sit on the board of, I think the country will be better off.

8. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Well, it's like the old saying goes, isn't it? It's always better to have a benevolent constitutional monarchy than any old malevolant pseudo-constitutional democracy. The problem with that is that's similar to Marxism in that it relies on the inherent goodness in mankind and their willingness to stay true to that. I don't think you'll get leaders that are better, but more like 'less wrong'. GWB seems to have set the trend, and because of his invading Iraq/Afghanistan instead of just going after the Taliban means that there's going to be some grouchy Iraqi and co. who will feel they've been wronged. I don't think this 'war on terrorism' will go away once the US pulls out of Iraq; there's always going to be someone who is going to look for revenge.

9. Midknight

oh without a doubt. Every fuckjob fundamentalist nut probably creamed his pants when we went into Iraq. It handed them ammunition to brainwash and recruit even more nutjobs, only this time they can call it Jihad when they slaughter innocents, instead of simply saying the US is a great evil.

10. Xiph0

I just found a quote that pretty much sums up me feelings.

Its the sprig[i think ] mods ffnet profile quote from that lame rapper.

Let the president answer a higher anarchy
    Strap him with an Ak-47, let him go, fight his own war
    Let him impress daddy that way
    No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our own soil
    No more psychological warfare, to trick us to thinking that we ain't loyal
    If we don't serve our own country, we're patronizing a hero
    Look in his eyes its all lies
    The stars and stripes, they've been swiped, washed out and wiped
    And replaced with his own face, Mosh now or die
    If I get sniped tonight you know why,
    Cause I told you to fight."
    - Mosh (Eminem)

11. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Err, I don't get it.

It seems that all you guys are anti-Bush. But how did he win the elections, then? Where are all those people that voted for him to defend his arse?

12. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Those people reside in the Bible Belt where they believe Harry Potter is the work of the devil and if they did not think that then they would certainly would never join a forum with a Sick & Perverse section. There are alot of people in our country who voted for him, you are just not very likely to run across them.

13. Xiph0

Necrules right, alot of the southern and central states voted for him. Along with a good number of the eastern ones. They still diss CA and Arz though - dumbasses.

Anyhow, the majority of leftist-leaning bush voters that are online usually lurk in shameful silence, as it should be :evil: .

14. Midknight

Dude, research on the net, the guy won by some of the most narrow margins, and even then it had to be decided by the courts, due to massive lost votes, miscounts, folks in Florida purposefully told to go to wrong places to vote, voters refused the right to vote due to bullshit reasons, badgering of voters as they went into the polls. I'll leave the fact that his own BROTHER governs the state where the majority of the problems come from.

I won't even get started on how friendly Bush's family is with the folks that run the largest voting machine company. Nor him not getting the popular vote in 2000. The guy stole the election twice. The electoral college is the real power behind the scenes, they chose Bush in 2000, despite voters, even WITH the jerking of votes, electing Gore. The college chose Bush, so Bush we got. http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa102200a.htm

Bush barely squeezed out the victory in 2004, despite claims of voting irregularites, and various other issues. It came down in the college to a single state barely giving him the win.

As for his supporters? I'd be suprised if the guy has any left. He's spent well around half of his presidency on vacation, and seemingly has no idea what goes on around him. He's called the state of the electoral process into question by the ease which it is manipulated, and is the first pres in quite some time to loose popular vote, yet get in anyway. The guy is a fucking idiot who's set a great many of our countrymen to death for no reason, when a strike team properly backed could of made Saddam's death look like anything other then an assasination.

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yes, but even if he did steal the elections, there still should be at least 40% of the voters supporting him... where are all those millions to defend his 'honor' now? I mean, they couldn't all be religious fanatics and rednecks, right?

16. Midknight

Ah I see your point. I think he lost quite a bit of them with all the stories being run of how lucky he got in being elected, then with invading Iraq, it was barely supported at the time, then with all the media coverage and spin doctoring, it became the IN thing to do was support him. But now that all the media whoring has died off and the reality of how bad some things really are over there, and how much it costs (heard a quote of 443 BILLION dollars to maintain troops over there over the next several year on the evening news, they help support it by cutting medical assistance programs and student load programs)

Alot of his supporters that I know personally utterly hate the fucker now. If he'd went into a war with a solid concrete evidence backed reason, if he didn't seem so eager to dole out contracts to his buddies, if we didn't have months of 3$ a gallon + gas where it used to be 1.40$ or so, if he wasn't an utter fuckheaded idiot, etc, then I'm sure there'd still be alot of folks that support him openly. I just think the ones that are left are hiding in shame.

17. pyrobriar

pyrobriar First Year

Here Here MidKnight.....too true. That combined with the whole Katrina fiasco accounts for his quickly waning support. My hope is just that we get to see Bush....the first president to be IMPEACHED!!!!!!!! :twisted:

18. Midknight

I'd settle for impaled. Katrina was a fucking joke. Any other President would of been on his shit and saw the event as a way to further his own popularity, if he didn't flat out care about the ppl.

They locked folks in the 'dome, wouldn't allow them to cross into neighboring towns, etc. The gov. treated N.O. like it was the center of a attack, instead of a place in desperate need of help.

Numbnuts went down there, made a speech, promised aid... then nothing. He goes off to his ranch in Texas for the millionth time on vacation. There's never been another President who's spent more time on vacation.

To add insult to injury, the following week or two, we had another hurricane with the potential to cause major damage show up, and I know in North Carolina we had mass evacuations, and there was Federal Aid trucks at the shelters waiting to be needed. Nothing happened, and you know what the drivers said they were doing next? "Going home" I asked a few why they weren't going to N.O. as they desperatly need help, and the reply was "We're not scheduled to go down there for several weeks". Wow, what great support.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Personally I liked Keith Olbermann's rant about Katrina... It was amazing. I posted it in the Links section.

Bush's America is a very depressing place to live, it has Anti-War activists like me following under Cindy Sheehan's banner simply because the only way we get listened to is if we take a position as radical in one direction as the Admins position in the other is.

20. Midknight

Ug I won't say anything about that dumb attention whore.

Yeah I agree with it's a screwed place to live, the next Pres had better do a job good enough to get him nominated to Sainthood, because this currenty administration is by far (IMHO) the most corrupt we've ever had. It really does depress me.

I liked Geraldo's rant when he was on TV about Katrina, I think I got the link from here aas well.