1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Vampire!Harry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Harpy Prince, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

Anybody know any Vamp!Harry fics that aren't slash? I really want to read one but most of them seem to have slash or abandoned. Can I get a hook up?

2. razz

razz Seventh Year

I only know of these three - none are slash (yet?), and all are currently WIP's (I hope..) - but, I might add, I personally found them all on this site, so chances are you'll have stumbled on these already, but.

Title: Curse Of Fate
    Author: Mistress Nika
    Rating: PG-13
    Category: General/Romance
    Summery: Thousands of years into the future, vampire Harry only wants to join his loved ones in death. However, his curse of immortality is absolute. Therefore he sends himself back into the body of his infant self, vowing to this time refuse eternity. When do things ever go according to plan? Unexpected changes to the timeline, people who aren't as they once were and more send his life spiraling out of his control.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2703901/1/

Title: Twists of Fate
    Author: Lanindur Du'Undarian
    Rating: T
    Category: Humor/Angst
    Summery: AU. Bitten by a Vampire the night Voldemort attacked, Harry Potter is believed dead. So what happens when Remus shows up at Hogwarts with a fifth year son bearing the lighting scar and the name of Lupin 14 years later?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2737363/1/

Title: Lords of the Night
    Author: pimpilidimpi
    Rating: M
    Category: General/Fantasy
    Summery: Potters gave Harry to Dursleys to protect him from the war. When Vernon goes too far, someone very unexpected comes to the resque. AU, DarkButNotEvil!Harry, vampires, Super!Harry. Read and enjoy
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2649475/1/

3. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

The third one was great but the other two didn't really appeal to me. Oh and I forgot to mention no fics where Snape is the vampire and he turns Harry.

4. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

5. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

The curse of V'Ardian

6. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    Shnitzel, I love your avatar!

7. jts360

jts360 Second Year

8. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Well, you have mine (Warning: Self-plug), but my writing skills aren't top-notch precisely

9. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Forever Knight by DeliverMeFromEve

It's in the Library (NC-17 section).

10. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Not really a vamp!Harry story. [spoilersspoilers]Harry is not "turned" until the very end, and even then, he's not really a vampire. He still eats and drinks and can dance in the sunlight.[/spoiler]

It's vamp!Hermione, though. If that floats your boat. Vampires are done suitably well in it, too.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I suddenly miss Master Eldryn. :( Dark Tournament had an awesome Vampire that wanted to jump Harry's bones and turn him in the process.

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Heh, I'll copy and paste what I said to the guy with the same request that you can find on page 2 of this sub-forum:

Edit: Jon, loving the new avatar. Much better than Nom Nom loli.

13. Methene

Methene Auror

I read Shake Me, I found it a good read at the time. Why do you think there are so few good Vampire!Harry fics around? Vampires in modern culture are pretty popular, Harry is popular after all, one would expect more stories of the two. There was a surge in TolkienElf!Harry at one point and I credit that to the LOTR films.

14. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Maybe it's because people don't like writing Harry to be an undead, and the fact that vampires do have some distinct weaknesses too.

If you do notice, most vamp!Harry fics have Harry being some retarded type of special vampire who doesn't drink blood, or drinks only animal blood, and is immune to sunlight.

For the same reason, you see almost no werewolf!Harry fics as they also have their weaknesses (silver) and most authors see being a werewolf as a curse. Plus they don't even have the immortality that vampires have.

As for Shake Me, I've said this once, and I'll say it again. I can never understand why people keep recommending the fic. It has some very good ideas, but the execution is so poor it is definitely one of the worst-written high profile indie!Harry fics I've read. And it is Harry/MarySue after all.

15. malaga

malaga Auror

Or worse yet, Snape is the vampire who turns Harry (because, you know, there's no other explanation for someone not especially enjoying sunlight) and therefore Snape and Harry must be in luuuuuuuurve.

Personally, I'd rather read a story where Snape is a vampire wannabe who none of the vampires want anywhere near them, let alone to turn.

-Scene in a Vampire Bar-

"Shit! It's that ugly Snake dude."
    "Voldemort?"
    "Nah, the one with the hook nose and bad hygiene."
    "You mean Snape."
    "Yeah, but just play it cool. Maybe he won't see us!"

"Hi Guys! I just had to get away from the annoying mortals..."
    "Yes Snape, that is what this place is for."
    "You know, you can call me Severus. After all, soon we will be very close."
    "About that..."
    "Why didn't you turn me last night? I did everything you said, even dressed in the pink dress you and the others told me to, and you never showed!"
    "Um... we just got our dates confused!"
    "Really?"
    "Yeah, yeah, we'll come tonight okay. You better go get ready!"
    "Wow, thanks guys!"

"We're not seriously going to turn him?"
    "Hell no. Imagine eternity with that one. But it means we can sit in peace for a while."
    "Fair enough. Barman! Two more Bloody Mary's."

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I tried to read Shake Me. I really did. There's so many comma's out of place that I was ready to rip out my own fucking cerebrum by chapter 5.

Edit: Just saw Lucullus beat me to it. Accurate shit, his post.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  17. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, I did say the quality was suspect.

Did anyone chcek out Blood?

18. Methene

Methene Auror

I think it's a shame that most stories seem to have Harry unwilling to drink human blood. Even in Ties of Blood he is practically forced to drink. It is a huge injustice on the character of a vampire, and is probably derived from Interview with a Vampire film.

But honestly, a proper Dark!Harry, as I would hate a fic that has Harry as a dark creature but somehow the Ginny luv and Mrs. Weasley make him see the light etc etc, would have the vampire instincts kicking in and Harry bleeding his enemies dry.

Now a combination of properly made vampire Harry, with a Harry/Fleur pairing (different sides of the same coin and yet similar Vampire-Veela) would be awesome.

19. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

20. Grautry

Grautry First Year

Exactly - aside from slash that's the most annoying thing about vampire!Harry fics.

Without relevant weaknesses(I don't really give a fuck if say, he's unable to have children because of vampirism - that won't matter during the fic) becoming a vampire is nothing more than a cheesy plot device to power Harry up or put him in an enviroment where he'll meet some friendly self-insertion Mary Sues.

If all you want is to give Harry some superhuman abilities why not simply allow for magic to give you superhuman strength or reflexes or hypnotism or whatever? Oh right, Harry wouldn't be an unique snowflake then.

Additionally vampires not having major weaknesses simply results in a huge plot-hole: Why doesn't every single wizard want to be a vampire? And if Harry's super-special type of vampire then it becomes all the more cheesy.

I'll admit that I thought of actually writing a proper vampire!Harry(ie. sunlight burns, needs human blood to survive and some other really significant weaknesses of being a vampire)) fic but then again I'm not that great of an author and I probably wouldn't have the patience to actually finish it.