1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Redemption

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by That_Boy, Jan 14, 2006.

1. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

These two games are right up the street of all you sickos like me on this website.

They both have their good and bad points, though Bloodlines (being the sequel to Redemption) I find is a lot easier to play. Despite one being the sequel to another they are both quite different though.

They are both centred around your character (in each a different one) who has recently been 'embraced' (turned into a vamipre). There are loads of different types of character you can play (especially in bloodlines) and you can be as dark as you want to be. Drinking random people's blood etc. I think they are a couple of the best 1st person RPG's out there.

Another reason you lot would like them is there is LOADS of vampire mythology, society and backstory you can use in fanfiction. They are based on the successful White Wolf table top role-playing game and there is even more backstory in those books. I have noticed the vampire world in a few fics already.

I could talk for days about these games, but seriously if you area a PC gamer or even if you're not. Check them out...

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I was pretty eager to try Bloodlines for a while, but it wouldn't work on my Radeon - it just kept messing up the textures and breaking down. There's supposed to be a patch out there, but more games came out and I never really gathered enough motivation to waste my time on that.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I haven't played/bought this yet, but its on my list. I read a planetvampire, blah blah, site and it looked cool. In fact one of the factions emblems was one of my first avatars [ gangrels? ]

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I liked redemption for awhile, but the controls and the fact that I could never find a good game online made me toss it. It was utterly amazing the amount of sheer bliss you could have if you found a DM that had a clue what they were doing.

How was Bloodlines, did they improve the controls and graphics a ton?

While I never really followed the Vampire game, I read several of the books, and I bought the collector's edition of Redemption, which came with a ton of cool shit, and an incredible black bound with silver lined pages vook that related all the mythos of the world. I still is in my bookshelf today, the fact that it came with a video game is amazing

5. That_Boy

They improved the graphics and playability of Bloodlines A LOT
    If you buy it you will need the patch though. download it from google.
    Redemption used the mouse click style of movement which works quite well in games like diablo or fallout. but in third person doesn't work well at all.
    In Bloodlines it is keyboard and mouse (Unreal Tournament etc. style) this makes it much easier to use. You can also choose between third and first person views and switch between them at will.
    The inventory is completely different and I think that the Bloodlines one is better.
    The discipline system, while still the same points buying style is accessed differently and I think that redemption has the better mechanic for that.
    Bloodlines is a much more flexible game and i think this, along with the gameplay and graphics make it a Much better game.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bloodlines is good but the gameplay and everything isnt all that great.. there are lots of gitches and i believe SOME parts of the game are mising... while it is a good game the ontrols arent great and there are some glitches

7. That_Boy

most of the glitches etc. are fixed in a patch you can download from the website. Personally i like the controls, but thats my preference.