1. EXTENSION til the 10th - Holiday Flash Writing Competition
    Topic? Bah, just make sure your SETTING is HOGWARTS!
    CLICK HERE for more info! Now, damnit!
    750 - 1500 word count & Stories due January 10th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Victoria Potter by Taure - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by LinguaManiac, Nov 29, 2017.

1. DvorkaM

DvorkaM Muggle

I really should have read the forum first. When I got the notification for ~20 new chapters. I thought that, I will need to re-read it all, to remind myself before getting to second half of the story.

Well I did and it is still good. I am a little sad about dropping the old magic theme, but I understand your reasoning.

TBH that and trimming of the GL play were the only changes I really noticed (beyond the Auror guild redefinition, but that hasn’t really had much impact yet.)

Honestly, my only gripe is the blasted diary.
    Victoria’s acceptance just seems contrary to her otherwise suspicious nature. She generally keeps her secrets close to her chest. Has internally decided not to blindly trust Malfoy OR Dumbledore. Was on to Lockhart from the start, had doubts about Hagrid hell even Pansy she mistrust.

But sentient book, that teaches her dark magic (after her best friend warns he AND is a a victim thereof) and makes her cry the molten steel (which in the end was unnecessary as mastering was instead achieved by embracing Dumbledore advice) yup that is definitely something I can and should trust. Despite it clearly having ulterior motivations (and as far as she knows, lying)

otherwise great story the worldbuilding and especially the magicbuilding are great and joy to read. I really hope it will continue.