1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Violence in the Library By ArdentAspen2 - T - Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Puzzled, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

Title: Violence in the Library
    Author: ArdentAspen2
    Rating: Not rated, but basically T
    Genre: Action
    Fandom: Star Wars
    Pairings: N/A
    Summary:Four weeks after Bespin, Luke Skywalker still isn't fully back to active duty yet, and he's getting a little stir crazy. On the advice of his friends, he takes a short trip to the surface of a nearby planet, said to host an extensive library that includes information from the Clone Wars era that managed to escape Imperial censors.
    On his way, Luke picks up a distress signal and finds several stranded passengers from a malfunctioning craft on the moon's surface. Out of kindness, he agrees to give them a lift to the library.

He soon discovers they have picked up a very deadly stowaway.

Link: Here

So this is a pretty neat Star Wars adventure one chapter from completion. Much as the summary says Luke goes off by himself, and in the course of events Darth Vader shows up before they're forced to deal with a new environmental threat. It comes out pretty soon, but I'd rather not spoil it even though the tags unfortunately spell it out in one of the best reasons to never use them. Luke and Vader are appropriately badass when needed and it's a nice ride so far. It's a good solid Star Wars adventure that fits pretty well into the universe and is a nice diversion from the arguments that have overtaken the fandom lately.

5/5 assuming it ends well.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's decent, and I was engaged throughout. I wasn't completely happy with Luke's inner voice, but the author did well in giving characterisation to Stormtroopers who have limited screen time, which really added to the whole atmosphere when things inevitably went tits up. 3.5 rounded up to 4.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's decent enough - I stayed up later than I should have done reading it, which is always a positive sign, and the writing is fine. Cool enough idea at the heart of it as well. That said, I'm leaning more towards three than four; Luke and Vader's relationship, such as it is, seemed a little rush, which wasn't helped by the fact that the author kept drawing attention to it by having Luke think about how weird it was. Also, it wasn't either as scary or awesome as the crossover franchise.

Perfectly readable, and if I remember to check up on it I'll finish, but it's not amazing.

4. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

This ended with 21 chapters, the last ones were really just a wrap up. I still really enjoyed it and don’t feel the need to change my rating.