1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Voice of Time by DGProbe99 - Wheel of Time - PG13

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by DGProbe99, Apr 23, 2005.

1. DGProbe99

DGProbe99 Squib

Title: Voice of Time
    Genre: Crossover/Fantasy/General
    Author: DGProbe99
    Rating: PG13
    Summary: AU.Dark!harry. No pairings. WoTHP X-over. Summary pending
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2365528/1/

Disclaimer- I don’t own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does. I do not own The Wheel of Time series, Robert Jordan does. Anything you don’t recognize, or cannot place in one of the two series above belongs to me unless otherwise stated.

A/N: This is my first attempt at Harry potter or Wheel of Time Fan Fiction. This story has a 99% chance of NO romance. Also, if you don’t like Harry being a good amount stronger than Voldemort and Dumbledore, Leave now. Harry will also be dark, possibly evil later on. You have been warned. Also, I plan on finishing the story in v0.1 then going back and revising it one chapter at a time and adding more detail.

Untitled Harry potter/ Wheel of Time Crossover
    v0.1
    (This is an unbeta’d version (as I have yet to get one) and is also NOT completed. I’m posting it in this form to see if anyone will even continue to read this. I accept all Criticism that may help me improve my writing.)

Legend: ** text **- Author note of some kind
    ^Thoughts^
    ' Communicating with "voice" '
    "Regular speech"

Prologue

The wheel of time turns, and ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that give its birth comes again. In one age, called the fourth age by some, and age yet to come, an age long past, a wind blew through the open window of a small home, on Privet drive. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Inside the room in which the wind had blown, lay a boy. Who upon looking at you would think was only thirteen maybe fourteen, but was in fact 16. The young boys’ name is Harry Potter. Since Harry was young, an evil wizard, Voldemort, has been after his life. (Briefly retell what happens from birth to end of OOTP)
    **more description to come in later versions, if I ever get around to them**

The Dursley’s, after the threat issued to them by Mad-eye Moody, have left Harry alone except for the occasional chore. Leaving Harry time to study, and of course wallow in his grief over the death of his godfather. It also left Harry with a lot of time to think, and remember his past years and its experiences. After thinking for a while, about various things, Harry eventually, got around to the end of the year.

When he had looked at other using magic he could swear he almost sees what the magic itself is doing when a spell is cast. Like with the stunner, how it seems to flow and wrap around itself one way, while the disarming spell seems to flow another. Harry never hearing of this before is confused, but doesn’t think too much into it thinking it was the stress of the DoM and the OWLS. So, this evening he rolls over to go back to the haunted dreams of the past and tortures of the present.

A few days later, an unfamiliar owl arrived while he was down fixing himself a small sandwich, Harry noticing the letter attached to the owl’s leg, decides to remove it and sets it on his desk, not sure if he should open it yet. Harry then taking a closer look at the letter in which the owl left, noticed that the letter is sealed with the seal of Hogwarts he relaxes, realizing that he won’t be opening a portkey to Voldemort, and certain death. He breaks the seal and begins to read.

Dear Harry,

How are you my boy? I hope everything is going well for you so far this summer. I have some good news for you which I think you will enjoy immensely. You, and your friends have been given permission by the ministry, to use magic between the midnight and 3Am. These times are so that no muggles will be able to see you performing the magic, and thus the chance of a muggle accidentally stumbling in on your practice is lower. The minister, asked me to relay this information to you.

Also I know that you are angry at me right now, but please try to forgive and old man and his stubborn old ways. I know you loved Sirius like a father, and telling you the prophecy right after he died was something hard for you to deal with, but I did it with your best interests in mind. I hope you have a good summer my dear boy, and I will see you soon.

-Albus Dumbledore

(Blah I forgot his titles and all that, so I wont add any.)

Harry after reading the letter is feeling both somewhat excited and angry at Dumbledore. Excited because he can use some magic this summer and angry for making it seem he didn’t really care Sirius was dead. Harry looking at the clock noticing its just about one in the afternoon, decides to read some DADA books to have some spells to practice tonight.

After hours of reading it nears the time which he is allowed to use magic, midnight. He grows more and more anxious as the time approaches. Harry, while reading decided to see if he can actually see the flows of the magic, just to be sure.

After a few more minutes of waiting, it finally hits midnight and Harry’s giddy with excitement, hops off his beds and prepares to fire a stunner to study it. Before firing he focuses on the area he is aiming for. Finally ready he fires a stunner off to the area he is watching, and as he sees it go by the spot, he believes he sees the lines again. After a few more tests Harry believes he can actually see the line of magic or weaves or whatever they are in his spells.

As Harry pondered this he hears a faint voice say in a mocking voice, ‘so the little boy that can channel can see the weaves, yet acts all surprised and confused.’ Harry thinking it his imagination ignores it and continues his study of the magic spells and lines he is using.

A few minutes later, Harry hears the strange voice again, only it’s slightly louder, and easier to tell what it is saying. ‘Why is he using a stick to control the one power, is he that pathetic, or is that some new methods in which to teach the newer people how to control it easier.’

Harry now curious about the voice thinks back to it. ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about, but we need a wand to do magic, at least that’s what I’ve been taught.’

The voice goes quiet for a few minutes, which makes Harry believe it really was his imagination, then all of a sudden he hears the voice once more slightly louder than the first two times. ‘Boy how would you like me to teach you how to wield the one power, without that stupid stick you’re waving around like a fool.’

Harry might be confused, but he does realize that if he isn’t going crazy and he really is hearing someone else’s voice in his head, then he could get the opportunity to learn wandless magic, or channeling is what the voice called it. It would give him a clear advantage, now all he has to do is figure out if this is real. ‘How do I know your real and not just a crazy voice I’m hearing because I’m going insane?’

‘You don’t know, you have to just trust your instinct.’

^trusting my instincts hasn’t gotten me into too much trouble yet or killed, so I guess ill have to trust them for now.^

‘Ok, I’ll learn from you, for now. By the way what do I call you?’

‘You may call me Voice for all I care’

‘Ok “voice” what do we do first....’ And so Harry, not realizing what problems this will bring the future, for him and those around him delve into the world of channeling…

TBC…

AN: I'd like to remind anyone reading this to let me know any major mistakes in grammar, and anything that might allow me to improve upon my crummy writing skills. Also I don’t think this idea has been done before, but alas I’m not going to look through all those stupid Fan fictions to look…[/url]

2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Fascinating start. I love the wheel of times series so it will be interesting to see what you will do with this fic.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

veerryy intetersting... im very curious to find out how this goes

4. DGProbe99

DGProbe99 Squib

And you will stay that way for a while, sicne this is being written very slowly, Due to World Of Warcraft... very addicting game.. by the way, anyone have an idea for a title.. im at a loss :p

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Very interesting, I look forward to more.

6. Antivash

Title? ... Voice of Time? . or how about Temporal Rotation?

7. DGProbe99

DGProbe99 Squib

hmm i think ill use Voice of Time for now.. Thanks for the suggestions vash.

8. Antivash

^_^ Glad to be of service...

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Hear hear. I crack up every time I see it.

-Hey Aragorn, wanna blow the horn of Gondor?

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

hahahahaha

12. ROFLMAO!!!!

13. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

The wheel of time turns, and ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that give its birth comes again.

good read

14. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

1412 words and 9 reviews.

Speaks for itself.

RE-RE-REJECTED.

15. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Man, I guess World of Warcraft was really addicting as this never got beyond the 1st small chapter. ;)

All we have to review is a prologue, so lets do that.

A/N in the chapter, right off the bat.

Orly? No one is up between Midnight and 3 am? Shocking!

How does Albus know that Harry loved Sirius as a father, if he even did?

You know who also hears voices? Serial Killers.

It hasn't gotten you killed. But it got Sirius killed. :eek:

Conclusion: Everything above states the summary of this prologue. The grammar isn't perfect either. So this fic will get a 2/5 from me.